Cena vs Reings

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
That is fascinating.

What exactly do you like about him? Is it the look? His finishing move? The mic work?

The same reason why we all loved him in the shield - his character is bad ass.

Last edited:

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
You can like Roman. It's you coming and saying the fans were cheering for Roman and chanting for him on Sunday. That's a flat out lie. Naturally, people will call you out on that.

There were clearly "A-j-styles, ROMAN-REIGNS" chants.

We ain't all haters.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
There were clearly "A-j-styles, ROMAN-REIGNS" chants.

We ain't all haters.

That was literally no one but some children chanting that. You can hear it in their squeeky voices.

There was also tons of "roman sucks and "you still suck" chants thrown at him the whole match.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
So already we got 1 person who recognizes there were some roman reigns chants. Yet I've been accused of "flat out lying" :laugh: :laugh:

I personally heard em loud and clear

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The same reason why we all loved him in the shield - his character is bad ass.

His character was bad ass when he had someone talking for him that could actually talk and had someone that could work the bulk of the match for him that could actually work well. He was loved when he was heavily sheltered by two of the best performers in the business today. When he spoke little and when he did little, he was loved because nobody could see his faults. When he was put on his own, he got exposed. The man can't cut it on his own.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So already we got 1 person who recognizes there were some roman reigns chants. Yet I've been accused of "flat out lying" :laugh: :laugh:

I never denied Roman Reigns chants. I denied that there were tons of them and that they were loud. You can hear chants that aren't loud and they're generally done when they're not tons of them doing it. You still flat out lied about it. lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Again, didn't deny the chants. You're making it out like he was more over in that match, which was not true, it wasn't on Sunday, and still isn't.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Legit the only Roman chants I heard were the "Roman sucks" chants. lol

Maybe I'm forget the high-pitched Roman chants if there were any.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
What's wrong with women cheering for him? That doesn't count?

Women are only cheering him because he's pretty. It has nothing to do with his talent, charisma, personality, mic skill, in ring ability, or how over he is with the crowd.

Men cat-call Eva Marie when she walks down to the ring, should we give her a Wrestlemania main event and a six month Championship run? Or do you assume that some of the men who "like" her do so for some very specific reasons?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
What's wrong with women cheering for him? That doesn't count?

Nothing but even in that crowd, there are fewer of them not chanting or booing than cheering him. It is a very faint chant and most of them are not doing it because he is entertaining. They either do it for the looks (the Orton pop) or to be the anti-smark. Doesn't change the fact that he is NOT over, he is NOT getting loud reactions, and that he's a ratings drag.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Nothing but even in that crowd, there are fewer of them not chanting or booing than cheering him. It is a very faint chant and most of them are not doing it because he is entertaining. They either do it for the looks (the Orton pop) or to be the anti-smark. Doesn't change the fact that he is NOT over, he is NOT getting loud reactions, and that he's a ratings drag.

Makes you wonder whether or not Reigns is all that built.....the Orton pop comes from his shredded physique, which the ladies love.

Meanwhile, you have Roman Reigns, who has worn a heavy flak jacket to fully cover his gut, since day one. :laugh:

It's clear his conditioning is brutal, maybe there's another reason why Creative still hasn't given him a change of ring gear since the Shield split up.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Makes you wonder whether or not Reigns is all that built.....the Orton pop comes from his shredded physique, which the ladies love.

Meanwhile, you have Roman Reigns, who has worn a heavy flak jacket to fully cover his gut, since day one. :laugh:

It's clear his conditioning is brutal, maybe there's another reason why Creative still hasn't given him a change of ring gear since the Shield split up.

Honestly, I think it's the same reason why he keeps the Shield entrance music. The Shield was insanely over they're trying to keep some of that aura in Reigns' current character.

If you look at some old photos of him under his Leakee gimmick he is (was?) built fairly well, so I'd wager the biggest reason he keeps the Shield music and similar ring gear is to keep up with the Shield association.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Women are only cheering him because he's pretty. It has nothing to do with his talent, charisma, personality, mic skill, in ring ability, or how over he is with the crowd.

Men cat-call Eva Marie when she walks down to the ring, should we give her a Wrestlemania main event and a six month Championship run? Or do you assume that some of the men who "like" her do so for some very specific reasons?

Terrible post. You can't prove your first statement. And your Eva Marie comparison is ridiculous...it makes zero sense to compare the 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad