Celtics/NBA Celtics to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, will make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The fan base here is talking about the female employees being harassed. More than one fan here is talking about it. So maybe they are just speculating BS, or they read something you and I haven't. So I keep asking and waiting for someone to tell me a specific incident of harassment of a Celtics female employee. I want to know what they know that makes them have strong feelings in support of the Celtic's actions to protect their female employees. Simple. Did I miss your point or question? Thanks

It’s been discussed here, in this thread, that the public has been on a witch hunt of sorts via social media to figure out who the woman/women involved with Udoka is/are, which is causing women who have done absolutely nothing wrong to be subject to baseless scrutiny. I’m not sure if you are being obtuse, looking for more or something “worse”, or truly don’t understand why that is a problematic unintended consequence of this situation, but neither option is great.

Media members are calling for it to stop. Brad Stevens is calling for it to stop. He got emotional while speaking about this specific issue (he was “charged” with the task, according to you). What additional “proof” do you need?

But here, Let Me Google That For You:

asked and answered.

move on.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Unfortunately, twitter is a cesspool and literally went and are going after ANY woman associated with the Celtics. I've seen ABBY CHIN even accused like, cmon now.

And they seem to be targeting white women the most. So. Take that as you will. The internet is an unforgiving place. And every woman even in a PHOTO with Ime are getting harassed. Lots of them took down their LinkedIn pages. It's absolutely insane.

Its clear to me, Ime's camp leaked this "consensual" stuff. Because the Celtics were unprepared for this leak and have never, not once alluded to it being consensual.
Yeah, stands to reason that Ime or his agent called up Woj to get out in front of it and call it consensual.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They knew about the issue in early July. They should have been out much sooner than three or four days before training camp. Same with the info about RW III.

Can you tell me what harrassment the Celtics women went through and what speculation went on? Thanks
And, I wonder when they were planning on coming out with it ffs? Nothing like waiting for the last minute eh!?!

Reactions: Maine Fan

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Somebody was trying to argue this with me claiming the Celtics leaked that it was consensual

Never heard a more illogical opinion in my life
I always thought a Woj or Sham would check with the team or a team source before running a story this serious but I guess not idk.

Also with training camp starting Monday it was likely to come out from the Celtics around this time anyway when people wonder why Ime’s not there. Just would have came out a little differently Im sure.

Reactions: CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It’s been discussed here, in this thread, that the public has been on a witch hunt of sorts via social media to figure out who the woman/women involved with Udoka is/are, which is causing women who have done absolutely nothing wrong to be subject to baseless scrutiny. I’m not sure if you are being obtuse, looking for more or something “worse”, or truly don’t understand why that is a problematic unintended consequence of this situation, but neither option is great.

Media members are calling for it to stop. Brad Stevens is calling for it to stop. He got emotional while speaking about this specific issue (he was “charged” with the task, according to you). What additional “proof” do you need?

But here, Let Me Google That For You:

Thanks, speculation qurstion, can a season ticket holder get a refund?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am done. Sorry Gee Wally. No facts. All generalization. No specifics. I understand the point about harrassing women. I have been asking for facts that support the generalization. Apparently there aren't any available to the public. Never mind.
@Maine Fan

The ONLY thing we know for certain was Celtics ownership was blindsided by the final report from the outside law firm they hired to investigate.

Udoka :surrender based on what the Celtics were told.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
@Maine Fan

The ONLY thing we know for certain was Celtics ownership was blindsided by the final report from the outside law firm they hired to investigate.

Udoka :surrender based on what the Celtics were told.
Thanks Fenway. Blindsided when, in July or before then? Don't the fans, especially the season ticket holder deserve more info? I am not talking about the other females being harassed. The Celtics, the owner, handled this poorly and he created the situation that resulted in the harassment of others I'm involved with women. That has been my point and still is my point.

Here is some reading material that make some of what I am saying .... explicit. I think, I hope.

Last edited:

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Wyc mentioned in the press conference that the investigation was launched in July when they became aware of the issue and was just concluded a few days ago. I cant really fault them on timing. I dont know how they stop social media harassments as well. They cant control internet idiots. Maybe could have had PR give a heads up to staffers and to lock down their social media accounts, but I'm not sure if that was a realistic option.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’m sure if the investigation started in July that no information could have been made public by ownership. Seems like shitty reporting part 35000000 because everyone just wants to be the first to break a story

Reactions: McGarnagle and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thanks Fenway. Blindsided when, in July or before then? Don't the fans, especially the season ticket holder deserve more info? I am not talking about the other females being harassed. The Celtics, the owner, handled this poorly and he created the situation that resulted in the harassment of others I'm involved with women. That has been my point and still is my point.

Here is some reading material that make some of what I am saying .... explicit. I think, I hope.

I think that’s a pretty ridiculous point not rooted in any fact whatsoever and you’re not going to find many people that believe that

Do you want them to name the woman? That’s the only way to stop the online harassment

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
They hire an outside law firm to do a truly independent investigation, wait for the results, then after just a couple of days of having the report and before they've even made a final decision Ime's side clearly leaks a favorable version of events, which leads to a-holes harassing every women in the Celtics organization, all before the Celts bring down the hammer despite this being terrible for the organization from a basketball standpoint.

And the Cs are the bad guys?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
There’s nothing they could have done to stop rampant bullshit speculation without naming the woman. And they weren’t about to do that so a bunch of dipshits could harass her
They could have at least set the record straight and I think the speculation would have cooled down. Not saying name, names, but they let the "consensual relationship" part sit out there. If people knew it was harassment and not consensual, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad for these women

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
They could have at least set the record straight and I think the speculation would have cooled down. Not saying name, names, but they let the "consensual relationship" part sit out there. If people knew it was harassment and not consensual, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad for these women
That's not how it works. No competent legal team would let them set the record straight. The consensual relationship tidbit was put out there by ESPN personalities that are represented by CAA who also represent Ime. Clear PR move. The consensual part also was refuted in later reporting, but none of that could have come from the Celtics. This is all Ime's team trying to salvage a career killing situation.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That's not how it works. No competent legal team would let them set the record straight. The consensual relationship tidbit was put out there by ESPN personalities that are represented by CAA who also represent Ime. Clear PR move. The consensual part also was refuted in later reporting, but none of that could have come from the Celtics. This is all Ime's team trying to salvage a career killing situation.
Maybe that's true, but stuff gets leaked all the time. They could have done something in my eyes to not have speculation run rampant with the women of their organization. The fact that they knew about all this going back till at least July, but still seemed caught off guard by the news being leaked and waited a couple days to even acknowledge the situation didn't sit right with me either.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I think that’s a pretty ridiculous point not rooted in any fact whatsoever and you’re not going to find many people that believe that

Do you want them to name the woman? That’s the only way to stop the online harassment
I don't want anything. But naming the women who consensually agreed to the relationship might have stopped the harassment of others. There is already speculation that it is the VP or the female that handles travel arrangenents. IMO. The Celtics very poorly handled this. Personally, I don't care; there were two people, one female, and one male, that agreed to continually have a relationship. As bad as this is, and I believe it is real bad, it might have been better to name both than to have created this surge to find out who it is. It was a given that the surge would happen if they only named one. I care about the effect this is going to have on the players and the drive this season for the championship. To be so close and have this, and watch it explode over the internet with people trying to find out who was the other consensual partner. You are very knowledgeable, you knew this would happen, I assume. Just poorly handled IMO. I feel the same about the release just before training camp that RW III was going to have surgery and be out probably 12 week and then try to get back to the level he was before the injury during the early part of the playoffs last season. The Ime issue they knew about in July, I think people knew before then. The surgery didn't get decided in a day. So they saved this stuff up for 4-5 days before camp to release it, really. Later.

I don't want anything. But naming the women who consensually agreed to the relationship might have stopped the harassment of others. There is already speculation that it is the VP or the female that handles travel arrangenents. IMO. The Celtics very poorly handled this. Personally, I don't care; there were two people, one female, and one male, that agreed to continually have a relationship. As bad as this is, and I believe it is real bad, it might have been better to name both than to have created this surge to find out who it is. It was a given that the surge would happen if they only named one. I care about the effect this is going to have on the players and the drive this season for the championship. To be so close and have this, and watch it explode over the internet with people trying to find out who was the other consensual partner. You are very knowledgeable, you knew this would happen, I assume. Just poorly handled IMO. I feel the same about the release just before training camp that RW III was going to have surgery and be out probably 12 week and then try to get back to the level he was before the injury during the early part of the playoffs last season. The Ime issue they knew about in July, I think people knew before then. The surgery didn't get decided in a day. So they saved this stuff up for 4-5 days before camp to release it, really. Later

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't want anything. But naming the women who consensually agreed to the relationship might have stopped the harassment of others. There is already speculation that it is the VP or the female that handles travel arrangenents. IMO. The Celtics very poorly handled this. Personally, I don't care; there were two people, one female, and one male, that agreed to continually have a relationship. As bad as this is, and I believe it is real bad, it might have been better to name both than to have created this surge to find out who it is. It was a given that the surge would happen if they only named one. I care about the effect this is going to have on the players and the drive this season for the championship. To be so close and have this, and watch it explode over the internet with people trying to find out who was the other consensual partner. You are very knowledgeable, you knew this would happen, I assume. Just poorly handled IMO. I feel the same about the release just before training camp that RW III was going to have surgery and be out probably 12 week and then try to get back to the level he was before the injury during the early part of the playoffs last season. The Ime issue they knew about in July, I think people knew before then. The surgery didn't get decided in a day. So they saved this stuff up for 4-5 days before camp to release it, really. Later.

I don't want anything. But naming the women who consensually agreed to the relationship might have stopped the harassment of others. There is already speculation that it is the VP or the female that handles travel arrangenents. IMO. The Celtics very poorly handled this. Personally, I don't care; there were two people, one female, and one male, that agreed to continually have a relationship. As bad as this is, and I believe it is real bad, it might have been better to name both than to have created this surge to find out who it is. It was a given that the surge would happen if they only named one. I care about the effect this is going to have on the players and the drive this season for the championship. To be so close and have this, and watch it explode over the internet with people trying to find out who was the other consensual partner. You are very knowledgeable, you knew this would happen, I assume. Just poorly handled IMO. I feel the same about the release just before training camp that RW III was going to have surgery and be out probably 12 week and then try to get back to the level he was before the injury during the early part of the playoffs last season. The Ime issue they knew about in July, I think people knew before then. The surgery didn't get decided in a day. So they saved this stuff up for 4-5 days before camp to release it, really. Later
Honestly just a horrible idea and I don’t think you have a proper grasp on the situation (no offense meant). Stuff became non-consensual. That’s the biggest issue here. And naming that person would be abhorrent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad