Celtics/NBA Celtics to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, will make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I said this on one of the previous pages but I'll say it again. If Matt Barnes is apologizing AND saying this situation is bad? Then people better listen because it's legit.

For those who aren't followers of the NBA, Barnes is...notorious for things. Like driving a long distance, jumping a fence and punching Derek Fisher in the face because he was dating his ex. SO.

If that man is saying this situation is bad. It's BAD.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Not true. That's a popular misconception though. First, Massachusetts doesn't recognize common law marriages and, even if we pretended they did, they don't meet any of the major criteria. Hell, they don't even live together.

Who gives a flying f*** what the State of Massachusetts recognizes or doesn't recognize? This state also holds onto the Blue Laws like a bunch of fools. Are we going to pretend like they are rational? Also...could it be that the reason they don't live together is because of the fact that Ime has been working on the East Coast and Nia doesn't want to move out there? Additionally, not as though personal anecdotes matter much but work with me, I had a friend who works in the trucking business who was in a common law marriage with his wife and he was barely home outside of the allotted time for rest with his company. Does that invalidate his relationship by your logic? Additionally, outside of a marriage certificate, what keeps the marriage of a traveling company man or any of these NBA players valid with their spouses?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
My sidebar with Sidenbergy aside, if sexual harassment and potentially something worse has come out with Udoka...then that's really bad and his career could be donesville. Like straight up shot his career in the face as if he was Vince Vega shooting Marvin in Pulp Fiction. And even though as I type this, I know people like Isiah Thomas have gotten jobs back in pro basketball (IN THE WNBA NO LESS!) for similar offenses, I wonder if the severity of his actions and the zero tolerance/rehabilitation aspect to society means he will never get another job now. I will wait until the investigation is concluded before I can comment fully, but it doesn't look good so far. I also applaud Brad Stevens for not trying to James Dolan this.

Overall, between this and the Phoenix Suns' owner situation, this has been a bad month for the NBA.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Who gives a flying f*** what the State of Massachusetts recognizes or doesn't recognize? This state also holds onto the Blue Laws like a bunch of fools. Are we going to pretend like they are rational? Also...could it be that the reason they don't live together is because of the fact that Ime has been working on the East Coast and Nia doesn't want to move out there? Additionally, not as though personal anecdotes matter much but work with me, I had a friend who works in the trucking business who was in a common law marriage with his wife and he was barely home outside of the allotted time for rest with his company. Does that invalidate his relationship by your logic? Additionally, outside of a marriage certificate, what keeps the marriage of a traveling company man or any of these NBA players valid with their spouses?
Calm down

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I said this on one of the previous pages but I'll say it again. If Matt Barnes is apologizing AND saying this situation is bad? Then people better listen because it's legit.

For those who aren't followers of the NBA, Barnes is...notorious for things. Like driving a long distance, jumping a fence and punching Derek Fisher in the face because he was dating his ex. SO.

If that man is saying this situation is bad. It's BAD.
If it’s criminal could the organization be complicit for negotiating a suspension settlement that contains a pubic statement of “consensual relationship”?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
If it’s criminal could the organization be complicit for negotiating a suspension settlement that contains a pubic statement of “consensual relationship”?
Unless I missed something the Celts have yet to use the word consensual, only Sham and Woj have.

Maybe the leak using “consensual relationship” came from Ime’s side to get ahead of the real story that is coming soon. Celts side seemed to hint it was more than that playing defense a bit from the original leak.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1664027843861.png

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
“Was assigned the task” is bothering me.

He wasn’t assigned the task. He’s the f***ing president, the buck stops with him, and he was defending his employees who are unnecessarily being negatively affected.
Thank you for your response.

The owner, Wycliffe Grousbeck, spoke to the press at the same time Brad Stevens did. You were so upset the I said that Stevens was assigned the task. You also said that Stevens is the President and the buck stops with him. I believe that the President reports to the owner, so I am sorry to have upset you but the Owner is where the buck stops. I find it difficult that you got so upset. Human beings are searching the internet trying to find out who are the Celtic female employees and they are determining without any information who the female employee is that is involved. Why be upset with me because I said that the the Buck Stops guy, the owner, assigned his business president the task of addressing the need to defend the owner's female employees. It is the Buck Stops here owner that got the report outing the situation of the investigation by the legal firm he hired to investigate. Should the owner decide to remove Stevens the president the rest of the employees stay. So the female employees are not owned by Stevens, they are not his employees. So I concluded that after the Buck Stops Here owner read the report, discussed the report with his president that he assigned or told Stevens the president to address the other female harrassment publicly.

Now back to the original hypothetical question: can a season ticket owner get his or her money back based on the announcement in late September, that they, Celtics, have known about since July, that there were rules violated last year and maybe the early part of this year? What are your thoughts about this hypothetical qurstion? I hope I cleared up where the Buck Stops? I hope I have cleared up why I started that Stevens was assigned.

This was not a hostile feminist original post, then or now.

Agreed.
NFL is gladiators. That is there

Spot on
Hi, could you explain what you mean by "spot on"? Thanks.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm glad the Celtics finally addressed the situation, but they should have gotten out in front of it. They let the rumours sit out there and swirl for nearly 2 days while the women of the organization went through hell being harassed online and speculated about.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm glad the Celtics finally addressed the situation, but they should have gotten out in front of it. They let the rumours sit out there and swirl for nearly 2 days while the women of the organization went through hell being harassed online and speculated about.
Yeah agree that’s why I’m not really going over the top with praise for them, they let it sit for too long. Maybe the leak caught them by surprise or legal held them back from making any statements but it feels like they were in the dark too long while the whole thing was swirling online.

But they did do the right thing with investigating/suspending and showing support to the women in the organization after the fact.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
There’s nothing they could have done to stop rampant bullshit speculation without naming the woman. And they weren’t about to do that so a bunch of dipshits could harass her
Yeah that’s fair it likely would have happened either way unfortunately.

Reactions: CDJ

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

This. I won't be surprised if some hand in their resignations- the organization clearly did not have their backs.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I'm glad the Celtics finally addressed the situation, but they should have gotten out in front of it. They let the rumours sit out there and swirl for nearly 2 days while the organization's women went through hell being harassed online and speculated about.
They knew about the issue in early July. They should have been out much sooner than three or four days before training camp. Same with the info about RW III.

Can you tell me what harrassment the Celtics women went through and what speculation went on? Thanks

Reactions: Gordoff

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This. I won't be surprised if some hand in their resignations- the organization clearly did not have their backs.
BMC could you explain more about the organization clearly did not have their (assume female employees) backs? What happened to all these female employees? Thanks. If you won't explain, how about someone else explaining. Thanks

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think people putting any blame on the Celtics are out to lunch frankly. Literally all of it is Ime, from the behavior to probably even the early leaks highlighting the word “consensual” which led to all the speculative BS

Do people want the Celtics to come out and name the woman/women? Do yall honestly think that’s a smart thing to do? Because that’s the only way you can end the BS the female employees went through and that would be a f***ing horrendous idea.

They did everything I could have hoped for from an org perspective.

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
BMC could you explain more about the organization clearly did not have their (assume female employees) backs? What happened to all these female employees? Thanks. If you won't explain, how about someone else explaining. Thanks
it's probably not public knowledge for the fanbase to know why this happened in regards to the why now or 48-72 hours ago when it was breaking because it's generally on court topics and player news and in July as Wyc said and why it blew up the way it did

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Unfortunately, twitter is a cesspool and literally went and are going after ANY woman associated with the Celtics. I've seen ABBY CHIN even accused like, cmon now.

And they seem to be targeting white women the most. So. Take that as you will. The internet is an unforgiving place. And every woman even in a PHOTO with Ime are getting harassed. Lots of them took down their LinkedIn pages. It's absolutely insane.

Its clear to me, Ime's camp leaked this "consensual" stuff. Because the Celtics were unprepared for this leak and have never, not once alluded to it being consensual.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Thank you for your response.

The owner, Wycliffe Grousbeck, spoke to the press at the same time Brad Stevens did. You were so upset the I said that Stevens was assigned the task. You also said that Stevens is the President and the buck stops with him. I believe that the President reports to the owner, so I am sorry to have upset you but the Owner is where the buck stops. I find it difficult that you got so upset. Human beings are searching the internet trying to find out who are the Celtic female employees and they are determining without any information who the female employee is that is involved. Why be upset with me because I said that the the Buck Stops guy, the owner, assigned his business president the task of addressing the need to defend the owner's female employees. It is the Buck Stops here owner that got the report outing the situation of the investigation by the legal firm he hired to investigate. Should the owner decide to remove Stevens the president the rest of the employees stay. So the female employees are not owned by Stevens, they are not his employees. So I concluded that after the Buck Stops Here owner read the report, discussed the report with his president that he assigned or told Stevens the president to address the other female harrassment publicly.

Now back to the original hypothetical question: can a season ticket owner get his or her money back based on the announcement in late September, that they, Celtics, have known about since July, that there were rules violated last year and maybe the early part of this year? What are your thoughts about this hypothetical qurstion? I hope I cleared up where the Buck Stops? I hope I have cleared up why I started that Stevens was assigned.

This was not a hostile feminist original post, then or now.

Hi, could you explain what you mean by "spot on"? Thanks.
Your attitude, approach and questions are spot on in this matter

• Wow
Reactions: Maine Fan

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
it's probably not public knowledge for the fanbase to know why this happened in regards to the why now or 48-72 hours ago when it was breaking because it's generally on court topics and player news and in July as Wyc said and why it blew up the way it did
The fan base here is talking about the female employees being harassed. More than one fan here is talking about it. So maybe they are just speculating BS, or they read something you and I haven't. So I keep asking and waiting for someone to tell me a specific incident of harassment of a Celtics female employee. I want to know what they know that makes them have strong feelings in support of the Celtic's actions to protect their female employees. Simple. Did I miss your point or question? Thanks

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
The fan base here is talking about the female employees being harassed. More than one fan here is talking about it. So maybe they are just speculating BS, or they read something you and I haven't. So I keep asking and waiting for someone to tell me a specific incident of harassment of a Celtics female employee. I want to know what they know that makes them have strong feelings in support of the Celtic's actions to protect their female employees. Simple. Did I miss your point or question? Thanks

It’s been discussed here, in this thread, that the public has been on a witch hunt of sorts via social media to figure out who the woman/women involved with Udoka is/are, which is causing women who have done absolutely nothing wrong to be subject to baseless scrutiny. I’m not sure if you are being obtuse, looking for more or something “worse”, or truly don’t understand why that is a problematic unintended consequence of this situation, but neither option is great.

Media members are calling for it to stop. Brad Stevens is calling for it to stop. He got emotional while speaking about this specific issue (he was “charged” with the task, according to you). What additional “proof” do you need?

But here, Let Me Google That For You:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad