Celtics/NBA Celtics to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, will make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Celtics would screw up a free lunch. They have RW III. Ime let his little head make decisions for his big head, cost him his job, maybe his career in the NBA, & his relationship with his family (girlfriend, mother of his child and child)

Reactions: Gordoff

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
What a nice reality show the NBA has become. They keep progressing this way basketball will just be a footnote.
Buddy, almost 20 years ago Kobe raped a woman, everyone knew it, and not only did he stay the face of the league, he was practically beatified when he died. This is a blip for the league. At least people are seeing some consequences these days.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
If you bought season tickets for this upcoming season, can you get your money back because of this situation at this time with training camp just a few days away?

What have posters been saying online about female employees of the Celtics that Stevens (was assigned the task) felt he had to defend them?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
NBA isn’t any more of a reality show than the others, other than maybe the NHL as less people care.
Agreed.
NFL is gladiators. That is there
If you bought season tickets for this upcoming season, can you get your money back because of this situation at this time with training camp just a few days away?

What have posters been saying online about female employees of the Celtics that Stevens (was assigned the task) felt he had to defend them?
Spot on

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Consequences?
He wasn’t even fired.
Thanks for proving my point with another example.

Wait and See, because from my angle, he pretty much was and even worse. He does not get paid for the season (if I understood that correctly) and cannot find a new team. Celtics will terminate his contract at some point.

He‘s not coming back. Celtics FO (Stevens) would be the laughing stock after this presser if he was.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
NBA isn’t any more of a reality show than the others, other than maybe the NHL as less people care.
You should say the NHL is crime boring compared to the NBA NFL MLB .

NHL has its isolated problems but the other leagues always seem to be in the news for one controversy after another.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Wait and See, because from my angle, he pretty much was and even worse. He does not get paid for the season (if I understood that correctly) and cannot find a new team. Celtics will terminate his contract at some point.

He‘s not coming back. Celtics FO (Stevens) would be the laughing stock after this presser if he was.
He will coach elsewhere.
And like @KesselBuiltMyHotrod reminded us. The same keeps happening

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Consequences?
He wasn’t even fired.
Thanks for proving my point with another example.
You said the league is becoming a reality show, I'm pointing out it always has been.

A year suspension is absolutely consequences. Is it enough? I suspect not but I have no idea, and I don't think the organization is done. Either way he'll never coach for the Celtics again.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

“Was assigned the task” is bothering me.

He wasn’t assigned the task. He’s the f***ing president, the buck stops with him, and he was defending his employees who are unnecessarily being negatively affected.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A woman made a serious accusation, the team hired an independent law firm to investigate, then rather than cover up the findings they acted with a severe penalty despite great cost (both in esteem and their chances to succeed on the court) to the team itself.
Isn't this exactly what many of us have wanted to

Reactions: Mione134

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Celtics did a great job. Proud of the org. Unacceptable behavior from Ime, I bet he doesn’t coach here again

Yeah more to come in how this plays out, but so far the organization seems to have done about as well in handling this as you could hope for. There's no 'model way' of how you deal with these things, each case is different, but the important thing is they appear to be sincerely trying to handle this properly and with due regard for the persons involved.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You said the league is becoming a reality show, I'm pointing out it always has been.

A year suspension is absolutely consequences. Is it enough? I suspect not but I have no idea, and I don't think the organization is done. Either way he'll never coach for the Celtics again.
Glad we agree.
Meanwhile no words about dribbling a ball from either of us.
I am doing the same thing I complain about.
I should probably follow my own advice

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Drama? Is that what they are calling criminal acts these days
Well you responded to one of my posts saying that all sports are now “reality tv”, criminal acts make headlines so yeah I guess it’s considered drama. All sports have their fair share of “criminal acts” and drama.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad