Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Stephenson and LeBron paired up together is laugh out loud funny.

There's no way the Lakers can get Kawhi without involving a 3rd team. Their first round picks aren't as valuable anymore with LeBron on board, and Ball and Kuzma still aren't even close enough to getting it done. Philly thinking they can get it done is also a joke considering it would take one of Simmons or Embiid + and that just seems counterproductive.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m not much of a basketball fan. Can someone please explain:

1) How the Lakers are now 7-2 to win an NBA Championship, same as Celtics and behind only GS??

2) How ESPN analyst Amin Elhassan has the Sixers ahead of the Celtics...WHEN BOSTON JUST BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT KYRIE AND HAYWARD!!!!?????

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

1) How the Lakers are now 7-2 to win an NBA Championship, same as Celtics and behind only GS??

2) How ESPN analyst Amin Elhassan has the Sixers ahead of the Celtics...WHEN BOSTON JUST BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS WITHOUT KYRIE AND HAYWARD!!!!?????

Both make no sense, specifically number 1. Are they assuming LA will add? Probably, but as they stand right now they are a worse team than Houston, Golden State, OKC and the Celtics at a bare minimum, so how they'd possibly have the third best odds makes no sense whatsoever.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Because ESPN loves LeBron. Even if they get Leonard, they are the 3rd best team at best in the west. They aren't beating GS, or HOU.

ESPN also has a massive chubby for the Sixers for no reason. "The process" is such a stupid thing, but ESPN eats it up.

Reactions: Alicat

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Because ESPN loves LeBron. Even if they get Leonard, they are the 3rd best team at best in the west. They aren't beating GS, or HOU.

ESPN also has a massive chubby for the Sixers for no reason. "The process" is such a stupid thing, but ESPN eats it up.

Especially because the “process” was just tanking for high picks

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I just watched this as well him picking the 76ees maybe getting the first overall pick back?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Stephenson and LeBron paired up together is laugh out loud funny.

There's no way the Lakers can get Kawhi without involving a 3rd team. Their first round picks aren't as valuable anymore with LeBron on board, and Ball and Kuzma still aren't even close enough to getting it done. Philly thinking they can get it done is also a joke considering it would take one of Simmons or Embiid + and that just seems counterproductive.
They can use Fultz as trade bait

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

In hockey terms, it’s just like what people are saying about Tampa and Toronto in the NHL.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Both make no sense, specifically number 1. Are they assuming LA will add? Probably, but as they stand right now they are a worse team than Houston, Golden State, OKC and the Celtics at a bare minimum, so how they'd possibly have the third best odds makes no sense whatsoever.

The 7-2 was number was Vegas odds after he signed, so I’m assuming that’s as is, without additions (other than Lance S and JaVale M). Leonard is being shopped around and there is no guarantee he will end up in LA this year.

SVP had some guy breaking it down and he did a nice job. The Lakers aren’t going to be able to just waive a magic wand and make themselves legit contenders.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am fine with LBJ going to the Lakers, but it goes to show that he'snot driven by championshipa anymore. Seems like a family-decision to me. No offense, but I cannot see him winning many titles in LA (where does the star-power come from, even Kawhi may not be enough to surpass the Dubs), so there is a strong possibillity that his career will end with an underwhelming amount of rings.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Seems like he took a ridiculously low 1 year contract too.

Does the NBA union even care?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It blows my mind how the Warriors continue to have cap space every year to add an impact guy. Gotta just step back and hand it to their front office, they've done an insane job.

It’s only a 1 year at $5.3 mil due to injury but you’re spot on. It’s ridiculous.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Lakers also signed Romdo for one year and rumor has Chris Bosh coming out of retirement to join them possibly LOL

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Adam Silver is negligent and doing nothing to protect the competitive balance in his league. Maybe he doesn't care because the Dubs and Lakers being superteams will make more money for the owners.

And on the other hand, the Union just lets a guy as good as Cousins take a $5.3 million deal when I'm pretty sure Brian Scalabrine made that much.

The NBA is fundamentally broken. For all the problems the other leagues have, at least there's some question as to who's going to win the championship before the season.

Reactions: Midship
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad