Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhldream

Jan 4, 2015
The announcers were all in on that fowl late. I don’t know shit about basketball was that a foul?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is nonsense.

I'm assuming you're referring to getting Green get the rebound after the missed both FTs, and not having Baynes in there.

Baynes doesn't help in that situation. That ball goes out back to the line, Smart cane in way too deep.

Nonsence???Rebounders on bench why Draymond is firing bricks then easily grabs his miss and goodnite.What has Steven's ever won in his life?NOTHING.And the fact his rebounders like Bayne's and Williams not on floor proves he sucks.Sleepy as they come.I had enough of him and his over rated ass

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Nonsence???Rebounders on bench why Draymond is firing bricks then easily grabs his miss and goodnite.What has Steven's ever won in his life?NOTHING.And the fact his rebounders like Bayne's and Williams not on floor proves he sucks.Sleepy as they come.I had enough of him and his over rated ass

He took a small school of white kids from Indiana to the national championship twice. He took a young and injured Celtics team to back-to-back Eastern conference finals, once as a #1 seed. This take is just wrong.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He took a small school of white kids from Indiana to the national championship twice. He took a young and injured Celtics team to back-to-back Eastern conference finals, once as a #1 seed. This take is just wrong.

You let me know when he wins a title in NBA bud.Cause leaving your rebounders on bench vs best team in NBA down 2 why a guy shoots bricks is poor coaching .They never even got a chance to win cause of him tonite .

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And the drama begins in LA. :laugh:

from basketball.realgm.com:

Jackie MacMullan stated in a recent episode of the "Brian Windhorst & the Hoop Collective" podcast that people around LeBron James have made it known they want Luke Walton replaced with a new coach.

“There’s a lot of tension in that building. A lot of tension in that building, and I think people are wondering about Luke Walton even though Jeanie Buss came out very strongly and said ‘I want Luke to be here, I back him 100 percent,’ but then also made the point that has to be made, and that’s that she hired Earvin Magic Johnson to make these decisions, and if Earvin feels differently she gave him the power to make those kinds of decisions. It’s clear to me, and probably to you Brian, that LeBron’s camp would prefer a coaching change. They’re not too subtle about that,” said MacMullan.

Windhorst added that while the noise wasn't coming from James directly, that his camp was voicing their unhappiness over Walton "is a fair thing to say".

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They lost because they comitted 7 turnovers in the last 7 minutes of the game. Coupled with the fact that they fouled Durant on what...two 3 attempts in that stretch as well?

They lost because they made stupid mistakes, not because Stevens didn't have Baynes on the floor for a rebound he'd have had no chance of getting to begin with.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NO would be stupid to not waiting until July 1st to deal him. Boston has the best package available post July 1.
that seems to be the consensus at the given time, because the option is trading Kyrie to New Orleans is the fallback to those wanting to get AD Here ASAP.....

NOW, What I also understand is Horford has a 30.1 M player option if he chooses to exercise that but will it cost you Marcus Morris, among others is the catch 22

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Keep on seeing posts like Davis wants to go to LA

If I am the Pelicans I sit on him till off-season and see what the Cs can send them

Rozier a restricted agent so they could send his rights 2-3 first rounders and IDK...................I wanna say Brown, Theis and Yabu

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Keep on seeing posts like Davis wants to go to LA

If I am the Pelicans I sit on him till off-season and see what the Cs can send them

Rozier a restricted agent so they could send his rights 2-3 first rounders and IDK...................I wanna say Brown, Theis and Yabu
Have to make salaries work due to Celtics luxury tax threshold.

They'd need a sign and trade with Rozier, Brown, and picks.

Yabu and Theis are zero value, and their salaries aren't enough to make it work.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
TSH was reporting that sources close to the Celtic's front office have Kyrie interested in joining LeBron in LA next year, alongside Anthony Davis, FWIW.

As it was a long time NBA reporter who broke this story, it would seem that it came from management. If that's the case, is this the team setting up a reason for them to move on from Irving at this year's deadline?

Kyrie Irving Reportedly ‘Genuinely Interested’ In Reuniting With LeBron In Los Angeles

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm pro player and support their right to play where they want for whatever reason at whatever salary they like, but that doesn't mean I don't also think all of these guys are big f***ing babies who want the easiest route possible to a title. Just because I think they should have that option doesn't mean it doesn't reflect poorly on their competitiveness.

Thought Kyrie was specifically trying to get away from that, but starting to feel less and less that way.

All of it is making me lose interest in the league.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm pro player and support their right to play where they want for whatever reason at whatever salary they like, but that doesn't mean I don't also think all of these guys are big ****ing babies who want the easiest route possible to a title. Just because I think they should have that option doesn't mean it doesn't reflect poorly on their competitiveness.

Thought Kyrie was specifically trying to get away from that, but starting to feel less and less that way.

All of it is making me lose interest in the league.

Hayward and Horford are a far cry from LeBron and AD. And I don't think Kyrie really connects with the kids who had a foot in the finals without him. Who knows if any of this stuff is true. Win it all and he can't leave I guess.

Worst case scenario though the Celtics have some good young players and 3 firsts this year. I'd get rid of Hayward to make sure to not stunt Tatum's development into a true star and top 5/10 guy though if Kyrie leaves we need to try and turn Tatum into the best player in the NBA because even if he can't get there he can get pretty close. Imagine the shit that Hayward would be getting for his play if he was black. Again worst case scenario f we lose Kyrie to the Lakers and Toronto loses Kahwai to the Clips could you even feel that bad for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad