Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
YOU ARE WRONG STOP POSTING THIS.

Seriously why can you not listen or research what people tell you when they correct a falsehood that you've said?
BUD, are you Seriously a troll in this thread, the Davis information comes directly from a Celtics connection group, that also does Bruins ie CLNS..... THAT Group is international, not just Boston based... ie Phillipines and they were constantly barraged by acquiring AD that the decision, just as the Mods/Admins do here on HF have to do what's best for the sake of continuity ie, the decision made to keep the Arizona megathread alive on BOH, as one example

those who oversee the group have stated Anthony Davis cannot be acquired now, nor is Ainge even considering that option, it has nothing to do with Kyrie's acquisition and even then, there weren't discussions that Cleveland would've dealt Kyrie here ...

everything is researched before posted

simply put, as stated Anthony Davis cannot be acquired whether Kyrie opts out or not, because of the Rose rule. YMMV

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ON COURT....

C's fall 109-102 in Brooklyn;

Kyrie's outburst/criticism of teammates after the Orlando game clarified pregame chalk it up to frustration....

Rockets lose Clint Capela for 4 to 6 weeks with a thumb injury, so Houston's the James Harden show for now as he had 57 in a loss;

Dallas investigating potential trade of Wesley Matthews and Dennis Smith, Jr

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
the only way Anthony Davis is dealt here in season is if Kyrie goes to New Orleans, the difference is you have to match contract for contract, and do you really want to hand the offense to Rozier and Wanamaker as the default option.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
BUD, are you Seriously a troll in this thread, the Davis information comes directly from a Celtics connection group, that also does Bruins ie CLNS..... THAT Group is international, not just Boston based... ie Phillipines and they were constantly barraged by acquiring AD that the decision, just as the Mods/Admins do here on HF have to do what's best for the sake of continuity ie, the decision made to keep the Arizona megathread alive on BOH, as one example

those who oversee the group have stated Anthony Davis cannot be acquired now, nor is Ainge even considering that option, it has nothing to do with Kyrie's acquisition and even then, there weren't discussions that Cleveland would've dealt Kyrie here ...

everything is researched before posted

simply put, as stated Anthony Davis cannot be acquired whether Kyrie opts out or not, because of the Rose rule. YMMV

Yawn.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
For the adults in the room:

Why the Celtics can't trade for Anthony Davis unless they deal Kyrie Irving | Boston.com

"NBA teams cannot trade for more than one player who has signed an extension under the “Rose Rule” — a limitation that is only applicable when the players are still on their “Rose Rule” extensions. The Celtics acquired Irving via trade in August 2017, so they cannot deal for Davis — or any other player that has signed such an extension — until Irving leaves or agrees to a new deal. Irving will become an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of this season and has expressed his intention to re-sign with the Celtics. The earliest he can do so is July 1, 2019.

After Irving’s future in Boston is established under a new contract — or after he signs with another team, an outcome that is still possible in spite of his vocalized plan — the Celtics will be unhampered to trade for Davis
, who is scheduled to become a free agent in 2021. The only way they could trade for Davis before the February trade deadline this season is to include Irving in the deal."

So for anyone confused by the false information someone in here is spreading, after the season Kyrie can sign a new deal with the Celtics, which would then free them up to trade for Davis. They can't do that now in-season, which is why NO ONE is saying they can or will.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
117-108 C's win over Kawhi and "WE THE North" AKA The Raptors;

Next:Memphis;

Everybody on the NEHBI Injury front is healthy; Baynes returned last night

Last edited:
Reactions: McGarnagle

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
At the risk of jinxing the team like I did w my last post in this thread, kyrie has been ridiculous the last couple of games. Him and Smart are easily the best back court in the East imo. Smart is now shooting better from 3 than Klay Thompson and kyrie actually plays pretty good defense now. It’s like they gave each other a little bit of their own talent

Getting Baynes back has been huge

Reactions: pgm16

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Just read some article about 3 players the Celtics can survive trading and it wont be a big deal

Theis
Rozier
Hayward

Hayward has me confused....................justification is he isnt the player he was when they first signed him. I dont see them dealing him because of the Stevens connection. Also the big contract.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think people need to realize he’s a year removed from his leg being snapped into a right angle, he’s gonna need some time. As much as the inconsistency sucks he still flashes the player of old. As he gets more confident in his leg I expect we’ll see that on a more regular basis. It took Paul George some time too. He had his two worst seasons shooting the ball coming off of his grotesque injury

I wouldn’t move him unless another max player is coming in

No on moving Theis. Maybe on moving Rozier depending on the offer

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Just read some article about 3 players the Celtics can survive trading and it wont be a big deal

Theis
Rozier
Hayward

Hayward has me confused....................justification is he isnt the player he was when they first signed him. I dont see them dealing him because of the Stevens connection. Also the big contract.

Dude the guy literally snapped his ankle, and had setbacks in his rehab going into the offseason. Of course he wasn't going to be the same player he was in Utah. You set yourself up to be disappointed having that expectation of him this year.

He's been much better over the last month or so, and I fully believe he'll be a constant contributor by the time the playoffs roll around, and ready to step back into a starting role for next year.

Moving Theis gets you....nothing. he's a good role player, but what's the point of moving him? Who's minutes is he taking? Brad Wannamaker? Who cares.

Rozier is the only person on the roster I'd consider moving this season. He hasn't been great, hasn't been consistent, and is clearly frustrated with his role. There's no way he's back next year, especially if they move parts out for Davis.

If I'm Ainge, I'm rolling with this roster unless a vet on a buyout becomes available. His chance to land the big fish is this offseason post Kyrie opting out and re-signing. Plenty of picks, attractive pieces, and can make salaries match with Horfore or Hayward if need be, though I'm hesitant to move Hayward.

Reactions: pgm16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad