Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
The mainstream media loves the Celtics and they get far more attention on local newscasts and the papers than the Bruins.

What they seem to forget is the Bruins got bigger ratings in 2011 than the 2008 and 2010 Celtics teams that went to the NBA Finals.
Source on the ratings please. The Celtics were insanely popular from when they traded for KG in the summer all the way to winning the championship. No way the Bruins in 2011 were getting higher ratings than the C's in 08.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Source on the ratings please. The Celtics were insanely popular from when they traded for KG in the summer all the way to winning the championship. No way the Bruins in 2011 were getting higher ratings than the C's in 08.

Believe he means ratings in Boston, not nationally.

2011 Stanley Cup Finals: Vancouver and Boston Set Record TV Ratings

"In Boston, the Bruins had a 25.5 rating, which eclipsed the 19.1 rating for Game 1 of the 2010 NBA Finals between the Celtics and Lakers."

Reactions: Fenway

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Kyrie came in they had a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left. He made 1 layup, missed four 3s, and gave up a backbreaking strip off a defensive rebound.

Last edited:

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Kyrie is not making friends and I can’t imagine Danny taking much more of this. Hard to see him re-upping in the offseason and unfortunate Danny didn’t bite the bullet and off him at the deadline. Would have had enough assets to go after KD and AD which is a much more compelling than KI and whatever you add at this stage. He’s not mature enough to build around IMO...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not being intentionally negative, not trying to brace for disappointment, I think they'll lose in the first round, and without much of a fight.

Their only saving grace is now it appears they will play Indiana in the first round and not Philly.

The problem is Gordon Hayward who the Celtics brought in 2 years ago as the key piece and he certainly had the resume - but he went down and out in his first game and Stevens built a team that did not need him last year. This year he came back and the chemistry built last year vanished.

The odd dynamic is most of the players HATE the new training complex in Brighton that is next to where the Bruins train - they really liked Waltham as it was easier for them to get to. :dunno:

Reactions: Maine Fan and Ritmo

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Their only saving grace is now it appears they will play Indiana in the first round and not Philly.

The problem is Gordon Hayward who the Celtics brought in 2 years ago as the key piece and he certainly had the resume - but he went down and out in his first game and Stevens built a team that did not need him last year. This year he came back and the chemistry built last year vanished.

The odd dynamic is most of the players HATE the new training complex in Brighton that is next to where the Bruins train - they really liked Waltham as it was easier for them to get to. :dunno:
I mean depending on where they live, I can certainly understand that.

Any time I've ended up at that part of Brighton it's been a nightmare getting to.

In terms of this team, wake me up when the playoffs start. They clearly feel that way, so why should I bother caring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad