Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Felger needs to be fired, or get hired by NBA TV, he needs to be hired by the Knicks as an executive

Brad Stevens is going nowhere, folks, neither is Kyrie;

final game ever at ORACLE Arena likely Tuesday night on TNT
The only difference between this years and last years team is Kyrie and Hayward. Team plays great last season, and they play like absolute dog shit this season. Stevens isn't the problem, Irving and Hayward are.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Celtics in past 17 game 6-0 without Kyrie
3-8 with him.

Kyrie is an immense talent. Nobody would be denying that, but he's not as good as he thinks he is. During the recent stretch since the ASB, he has turned into a pylon on defense again, much like Harden. I don't appreciate players like that, because what are sorcerer moves on offense good for if you give up an easy 2 on the next possession? The record with Kyrie and without is indeed alarming. It's not the be-all end-all argument, but it certainly means something since the sample size is not that small.

The bigger issue with Kyrie in general is that we have the worst "star" of all on-paper-contenders. (TOR: Kawhi ; MIL: Giannis ; Philly: Embiid ; GSW: Curry/Durant ; HOU: Harden ; OKC: George ; DEN: Jokic). We will never win with him as our #1. Plus our supporting cast is not as good as we thought it was going to be. Tatum has yet to take the next step (which is fine for his age). Brown didn't progress as hoped and Rozier turned into a pumpkin after rocking last years playoffs. Hayward takes more time to recover, if he ever regains the form of 2016-17.

We have 2 different paths we can go this summer: Either hand Kyrie and AD/KD the keys to this team or if they leave, go with youth and go back to a formula where I think Brad Stevens is most comfortable with. Developing a team with young players and some secondary role-players without star allures (like a Horford type). He has shown that he can thrive with such a model. A team of Smart-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford wouldn't be all that bad. We'd still have the (hopefully #14 and #17 picks this year) and the lotto pick by Memphis which may turn into a #1 in 2021.

Let's put it this way, if Kyrie re-signs: I am cool with it, because it likely comes with getting either AD or KD. If he leaves, I am also cool with it, because I don't think he's nearly good enough to be worth all the trouble.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kyrie is an immense talent. Nobody would be denying that, but he's not as good as he thinks he is. During the recent stretch since the ASB, he has turned into a pylon on defense again, much like Harden. I don't appreciate players like that, because what are sorcerer moves on offense good for if you give up an easy 2 on the next possession? The record with Kyrie and without is indeed alarming. It's not the be-all end-all argument, but it certainly means something since the sample size is not that small.

The bigger issue with Kyrie in general is that we have the worst "star" of all on-paper-contenders. (TOR: Kawhi ; MIL: Giannis ; Philly: Embiid ; GSW: Curry/Durant ; HOU: Harden ; OKC: George ; DEN: Jokic). We will never win with him as our #1. Plus our supporting cast is not as good as we thought it was going to be. Tatum has yet to take the next step (which is fine for his age). Brown didn't progress as hoped and Rozier turned into a pumpkin after rocking last years playoffs. Hayward takes more time to recover, if he ever regains the form of 2016-17.

We have 2 different paths we can go this summer: Either hand Kyrie and AD/KD the keys to this team or if they leave, go with youth and go back to a formula where I think Brad Stevens is most comfortable with. Developing a team with young players and some secondary role-players without star allures (like a Horford type). He has shown that he can thrive with such a model. A team of Smart-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford wouldn't be all that bad. We'd still have the (hopefully #14 and #17 picks this year) and the lotto pick by Memphis which may turn into a #1 in 2021.

Let's put it this way, if Kyrie re-signs: I am cool with it, because it likely comes with getting either AD or KD. If he leaves, I am also cool with it, because I don't think he's nearly good enough to be worth all the trouble.

I think Kyrie is a great player but he just cannot stop talking in the media and it seems to affect the team..Wish he would just play and stop talking.Celtics need help at centre to.Fact they tried to get Bogut tells me they are well aware of it.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Not to go all "please like my sport" on everyone, but imagine being Kyrie's teammate and hearing him talk about how he's the best player on the team all the time

I'm sure he is, but jeez. The way he talks about himself being the best player and how hard it is to be that is just so... repulsive

Imagine Bergeron talking about how hard it is to be the best player on the B's. Rask saying how hard it is to carry the team when our D corps was injured. It can't feel good. Especially for a well respected vet like Horford who doesn't put up the big offensive numbers but is great defensively. Even other guys in the league its hard to picture talking like that. Only star I can picture saying that so openly is Lebron

I don't know. He is just starting to get under my skin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Up 11-0 and Celtics try 3 straight 3 pointers then its 11- 7 in seconds .Sorry but you need to attack rim there.Stevens is not coaching he is watching.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If they blow this

upload_2019-3-5_23-41-43.png

Reactions: 22Brad Park

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Brad Stevens is going nowhere, folks, neither is Kyrie

I agree with 50% of what you said. I would like to see him return ( hopefully maturing a bit during the off-season ) but I honestly think Irving is playing somewhere else next season - probably for the Knicks.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
ATTACK THE RIM..3 AFTER 3 AFTER 3 ..Hope they go all in on AD .All the great Celtics teams had a star guy in the middle.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
....maybe they can just flip a switch in the playoffs after all. This team is such an enigma.

Just gotta Keep Baynes healthy

Loved Terry Rozier sticking up for Baynes and Tatum by going after Boogie btw. He’s been having a tough year but he’s still nobody to be trifled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad