Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 II - Playoffs - Toronto/Golden State Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
No way Irving is staying !! Start Brown the rest if the season, instead of Morris

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The owner said yesterday he was disappointed in the team - I sense Brad Stevens has lost the respect of the team.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The owner said yesterday he was disappointed in the team - I sense Brad Stevens has lost the respect of the team.

The Brad Stevens who choked away a National Championship to a terrible uconn team that would have missed the tournament if they hadn’t won the big east with a huge lead in the second half of the championship game showed up in Game 7 against Cleveland with the Cs having a foot in the finals. And hasn’t left. He was great before that. Maybe if we have no superstar that guy will come back.

There is almost no chance Davis and Irving want to play here long term imo.

This is a good draft to have multiple picks. After the first 4 or 5 guys you can likely pick just as good a player in the 20s as you can at 8. Good thing that Heyward contract isn’t longer. He gets a shot next year to rebound and after that he’s an expiring deal so can be moved.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In fairness to him he did say “after I’m done playing” so he’s clearly referring to the cameras being in his face

That said he contradicts himself nonstop and is turning into lebron and it’s driving me insane

I feel bad for Brad Stevens tbh. Only so much you can do when you have a pack of dickheads

This team seems to come and go with Aron Baynes of all people. Bizarre.

Reactions: EvilDead

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s getting to a point where I’m hoping they get stomped out in round 1 after the “we’ll pull it together once the playoffs roll around” talk. They’ve had maybe two stretches this year where they looked like they could win a round in the playoffs. Maybe.

I don’t want to see that mentality get rewarded

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
There are decisions to be made if they don’t reach the ECF. Danny will be busy this summer again I am sure. Maybe he targets 2 other guys besides Irving & Davis, either through trades or FA. I really don't want to see Brown or Tatum leave. This team doesn’t play for each other.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
How did the team that lost its two best players to injury and still got a 1 seed and were within a game of the NBA finals wind up sucking so much ass with those guys back?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Leagues rigging it so Zion goes to the Knicks and they sign two max players, watch

Knicks will trade the #1 pick if they sign two max players me thinks just like the Cavaliers traded Wiggins for Kevin Love when LeBron came back.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
How did the team that lost its two best players to injury and still got a 1 seed and were within a game of the NBA finals wind up sucking so much ass with those guys back?

Because Kyrie is a drama queen and Hayward is effectively the "coach's son" and keeps giving him minutes instead of Jaylen Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad