Celebrations

Sharkway Drive

****ing All Star!
Jul 10, 2010
SF
I calmed down a bit but i still get really excited when i score. I used to do the cat daddy (if you dont know what it is look it up. Its hilarious). But now i just give a little fist pump and high five my teammates.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Absolutely nothing... I'll touch gloves with line mates or whatever but celebrating in rec leagues is silly.

Only exception is if it's the championships and I still wouldn't celebrate but I wouldn't hold it against someone if they did.

poppersmoke

Sep 1, 2011
I yank down my breezers and pee in the crease. Let the goalie know I am marking my territory.

Beware: instant game misconduct.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Same thing I do when my girlfriend has a lapse in judgment and we have sex; run around screaming like a schoolgirl, high five anyone nearby, and call all my friends and gush like a sixteen year old. You know, act like you've done it before and you'll probably never do it again.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well, I play beer league so not too often do we get hot dogging. I usually just raise an arm in the air when I scored ("act like I've been there before"). I did score a tying goal in the league final where I dropped to one knee and did a fist pump, but that's about it.

There's one guy in our league who hot dogs every goal he scores. Big sweeping fist, skating past the other team's bench with his hand to his ear...doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 9-0, he'll do it everytime. Suffice to say, he gets hit "by accident" a lot. :D

poppersmoke

Sep 1, 2011
There's one guy in our league who hot dogs every goal he scores. Big sweeping fist, skating past the other team's bench with his hand to his ear...doesn't matter if it's 1-0 or 9-0, he'll do it everytime. Suffice to say, he gets hit "by accident" a lot. :D[/QUOTE]

A time and a place for everyting --
A guy in our beer league does the same: big celebration after every goal. He is a good player and everyone knows who he is, cuz he scores about a goal/game and been in the league for years. Once, he scored a late, meaningless goal in a blowout and started pumping his fists and going, "Yeahhhh!" Disgusted with his antics, the ref (the ref!) said, "First-ever goal, huh? Congratulations."
I don't think he even knew he was being hazed. Tool.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
In minor hockey I was all about trolling the other team when I scored. I kept it simple action-wise, one or both arms raised and hug or fist bumps with my teammates. I scored a lot of goals in and around the crease, my favorite thing to do was to just post up at the top of the crease and have my whole line come celebrate in front of the goalie. I once got a penalty for celebrating (loudly) by myself right in the goalies face, as he had just chopped down one of my buddies (uncalled) seconds before I got the puck in the slot and buried it. Good times.

If I dangled a defenseman or two on the way to the net I got a little more excited and would jump in to the glass.

I'd never celebrate in beer or rec leagues, unless it was 100% sarcastic. I celebrated enough in minor hockey.

DeltasigSQUIRREL

Sep 7, 2011
First goal ever: mock threw glove in the air and shot it down... now: just congratulate guys on the ice near me and skate my tired butt back to the bench.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Just a couple glove taps with the boys, maybe a tap on the pants as well if it was a big goal.

kevin92285

Nov 29, 2009
If i play against my brother, I'll take the puck, pretend to sign it and then flip the puck to him.

Eaglepride*

The Jagr salute

He did many salutes which one are you refering to?

Personally as a defender Im not often scoring so if I score I basically do nothing maybe - and thats a big maybe - a handshake with some teammate but never ever making a big deal out of it.

I'm kind off a quiet gu on the ice focusing on what I have to do. Even my coach asked me why I'm not celebrating, whole lockeroom laughed, hilarious :yo:

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
last night, some dude was *****ing because my stick grazed his helmet. like, he went way overboard about it. instead of dropping the gloves, i grabbed the puck, weaved my way through about 7 guys, MY OWN INCLUDED, and buried it 5 hole. that celebration was a "there ya go!" followed by smacking my stick on the ice.

normally its just a little fist pump, unless its a PRETTY goal. which isnt too regular.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
in beer league hockey theirs not much of a cele for any goal hahaha. if the team pisses me off i do the stick up and kiss glove

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
This. I'll also give my line mates a nice fist pound etc. as you usually get help scoring a goal.

Celebrations are for kids and stars making alot of $$. Pickup amongst friends I think is ok too.

Yup. I play rec leagues and unless it's a tight game, I won't even so much as raise my arms. I'll skate up to team mates for fist bumps for the good work on the shift.

It always is kind of funny when a kids game is going on before mine and they go crazy with celebrations. There are still a couple people I play against that celebrate after goals and everybody usually makes fun of them. And also agree that it's ok amongst friends because you're just joking around and everybody knows it at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad