Celebrations

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Small fist pump when I score. If it's a close game, I might yell a "whoo". If it's a blowout, I keep my mouth shut.

Had a funny one last night, was watching my team bring the puck up the ice, great play through the neutral zone, one guy deked around a defender to send it to his winger, who deked through the other D's legs and sent a snapper top shelf. It was so damn pretty that I had to stand up and yell on the bench, and the scorer raised his hands and paraded around the ice. Damned hilarious.

Of course it's summer league so nothing is serious...

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
When I was a kid I used to have a lot of fun with it. I'd usually go down on one knee and do the big swinging windmill fistpump. I did the Selanne shoot down when I was like 12 or something like that when I got a hat trick.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Only ever celebrated one goal and that was because it was a goal that I never thought I could score. I split the D and then Sniped it High Glove side. When I shot it I was only expecting a rebound at best so when I heard it ring off the post and then hit the netting I was ridiculously happy and let out a huge cheer and threw my arms up in the air (Yeah, not exactly original!)
Mostly though my goals tend to be fairly garbage goals so I just acknowlege whoever assisted me and then skate over to the bench.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
It depends for me. I used to not score much so when I did it was the one knee fist pump power ranger looking pose that most nhl players do. Now years later im on two teams...a and b league. I dont exactly light up the a league so I keep it humble....however in the b league ill have to admit most of you hate it but im a showboat. I really like in the nfl when players do excessive endzone celebrations and I try to be funny and entertaining. The only reason people dont try to take my head off is that I know most of the players in the league and they know im just trying to have some fun. Plus working at the rink when I was younger I just grew up around most of these guys.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Stand still, put both arms out to the side while everyone skates toward me for a huddle.

Keggatron

Nov 15, 2008
Nothing really crazy anymore, put my hands up and hug the assister in tight games usually.

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee. Best year of hockey ever, everyone in the league hated us and we musta scored like 120 goals between us.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
No need to celebrate in a beer league. When I score - I just maybe tap gloves with my linemates, and then either go to the bench, or lineup for the faceoff.

Why people need to show off with stupid celebrations in a recreational league is beyond me.

If somebody on an opposing team did something like this:

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee.
or
went to center ice and did a snow angel.

then most of guys I play with (myself included) would probably let your teammates know that someone might not see you coming and knock you flying, or you might not get be able to get your ankles out of the way of shot.....

Especially for a rec league or rec tournament - when you score a goal, get ready for the faceoff. You look like a complete idiot if you go all crazy and stuff. Like others have said - act like you've been there.

Subnordi

Jul 17, 2011
New Brunswick
No need to celebrate in a beer league. When I score - I just maybe tap gloves with my linemates, and then either go to the bench, or lineup for the faceoff.

Why people need to show off with stupid celebrations in a recreational league is beyond me.

If somebody on an opposing team did something like this:

My first year bantam though, my buddy and I were huge nWo fans. So I'd be Hall and he was Nash, everytime I scored I did the thumb point to myself in the middle of the ice (hard to explain, but if you know Razor Ramon or Scott Hall you'd understand). For big goals he'd skate up the boards shed his mitts and do the wolfpack hand sign while bending one knee.
or
went to center ice and did a snow angel.

then most of guys I play with (myself included) would probably let your teammates know that someone might not see you coming and knock you flying, or you might not get be able to get your ankles out of the way of shot.....

Especially for a rec league or rec tournament - when you score a goal, get ready for the faceoff. You look like a complete idiot if you go all crazy and stuff. Like others have said - act like you've been there.

Mine was the snow angel thing, trust me though, I realized how queer I was acting when I'd celebrate, I've since calmed down. I hate showboats, it's not that great of an excuse but it was my first year and I didn't score much.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Subnordi - If it's a pick-up game with a bunch of friends playing shinny/messing around it's not a big deal - mind you ice time is expensive...... but in a league setting it's pretty lame (IMO).

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
First, I flip the stick around so that the butt end is facing outwards, then I place my stick between my legs, shorten up on the shaft quite a bit, and then proceed to stroke the end like there's no tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad