Celebrations

Christien

May 1, 2010
First, I flip the stick around so that the butt end is facing outwards, then I place my stick between my legs, shorten up on the shaft quite a bit, and then proceed to stroke the end like there's no tomorrow.
Oh jesus :laugh: nice haha:handclap:
I don't have a celebration when I score a goal.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Big goal, I'll get carried away and jump up into the glass.

Aside from that, just raise my stick like "woooo" and that's it. Some fist bumps with my teammates.

Or if it's a team I hate/a game where I am pissed off I'll throw some fist pumps into it to get some emotion out.

Mosetter27

then most of guys I play with (myself included) would probably let your teammates know that someone might not see you coming and knock you flying, or you might not get be able to get your ankles out of the way of shot.....

wow thats really unsportsmanlike to do for someone celebrating...thats why theres constantly fights in these rec leagues...

where i play at (roller mens rec silver division) theres only 4 teams in our division (the highest) and all 4 teams have pretty much been in the division for years so we all know eachother so we celebrate all goals and nothing gets taken out of hand but we recently had 2 teams drop and a few new ones... but were all cool its hockey so what the guy celebrated laugh it off and get your ass out there and score so you can :D

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
wow thats really unsportsmanlike to do for someone celebrating...thats why theres constantly fights in these rec leagues...

where i play at (roller mens rec silver division) theres only 4 teams in our division (the highest) and all 4 teams have pretty much been in the division for years so we all know eachother so we celebrate all goals and nothing gets taken out of hand but we recently had 2 teams drop and a few new ones... but were all cool its hockey so what the guy celebrated laugh it off and get your ass out there and score so you can :D

I was talking about celebrations that are way over the top considering the circumstances. If you want to celebrate a goal go ahead, I have no problem with it. What I would have a problem with is if someone did a snow angel or rode their stick, etc., in a rec league. Wow - I am sure all 10 people watching think you're awesome now!! As I said, I don't have a problem with celebrating, but realize that goal you just scored didn't win the Stanley Cup.

Mosetter27

I was talking about celebrations that are way over the top considering the circumstances. If you want to celebrate a goal go ahead, I have no problem with it. What I would have a problem with is if someone did a snow angel or rode their stick, etc., in a rec league. Wow - I am sure all 10 people watching think you're awesome now!! As I said, I don't have a problem with celebrating, but realize that goal you just scored didn't win the Stanley Cup.

agreeded when i see way over the top, riding the stick is acceptable, snow angel not so much neither is the blind player thing, celebrating it makes me cringe... but i wouldn't go out to hurt the guy lol

hskates21*

I do a backflips then proceed to light the closest players stick on fire and sometimes if I score 5 hole I'll take the goalies stick and throw it over the glass and tell him that he doesn't deserve it
Or at least that's what I'll do if I ever score a goal

Subnordi

Jul 17, 2011
New Brunswick
I do a backflips then proceed to light the closest players stick on fire and sometimes if I score 5 hole I'll take the goalies stick and throw it over the glass and tell him that he doesn't deserve it

:handclap: You sir, have gained my respect

Noir

Aug 27, 2009
Vancouver, CAN

lol. Win.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
Act like I've scored goals before and thank the teammate with a shintap and "good pass" that gave you a pass to score (if they did).

If its a good solo effort then go back to smiling teammates asking how sick the goal was and share some fist bumps lol -- or ask jokingly if they wish they could score a goal like that :laugh: Its important to try make teammates laugh in that situation, I think

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Either both arms straight up or 45 degrees upward in front of me, both with stick in the air. I'm not too originally. It's usually just that, group "nice goal" with the other 4 skaters on the ice, then back to center.

Although last game one of the guys who rarely scores scored a goal (like once per season, older guy) and we called him to the bench to do the "high five down the bench" with everyone. I always liked that. Wish we'd do that more often.

Xavier Laflamme*

If it's against a team and/or goaltender I hate I go with the D-Generation X "Suck it"....or the fake hand jerk and throw my load at him...

Actually not really but I think it'd be kind of funny

esuhock22

Jan 24, 2011
coach-orion.jpg

"All right knock off the celebration, act like you've scored before!"

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I usually just put my hands up, or one hand in the air. The Bow and arrow sometimes. Often I jump into my linemates too.

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
A guy on my team scored the other night with under a minute to go to tie it (game was getting chippy), he skates by the other teams bench, plops down on his rear and acts as if he was paddling a canoe with his stick. Absolutely awesome.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
As a goaltender, I've been fortunate enough to score one career goal. When I did, I dropped my stick like it was hot, dropped to my knees and pretended to warm my hands with it, Ovechkin style.

Showboating, sure. But it was probably the first and last goal I'll ever score.

Act like you've done it before? I haven't. And I'll most likely never be able to do it again. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Our goalie scored a goal once and got so excited he broke his goalie stick on the ice. Played through college and never had a goal, first year of rec league hockey he ices the puck to the other goalie who puts it in off his defenseman's ass. Pretty good cele I think. I don't think you could have gotten the grin off his face that night.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
While on the topic, I had mentioned it in my post earlier.

Do people consider the "high five down the bench" by the entire line on the ice (aka what the NHL teams do) an over the top celebration, or a ****** bag move by a team that scores? Or is it something tolerable? I think it's tolerable but I'm curious what others think.

esuhock22

Jan 24, 2011
While on the topic, I had mentioned it in my post earlier.

Do people consider the "high five down the bench" by the entire line on the ice (aka what the NHL teams do) an over the top celebration, or a ****** bag move by a team that scores? Or is it something tolerable? I think it's tolerable but I'm curious what others think.

I think it's fine, I've played on one team that wanted to have everyone on the ice do that after a goal.

Wease

Apr 14, 2007
Powell, OH
Glad mine hasn't been posted yet. Keep in mind I only do this at Drop In, and against my friend who's a goalie:

Right after I score, I grab the goalies water bottle and take a drink, then squirt him, then skate off... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad