Ceci, Formenton, and Dzingle placed on IR

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boucher told him he wanted him to stay back.. no more pinching

To be fair, the D comes in on a scrum and the faceoff comes out of the zone, so he held back at first, when Ryan had two guys go after him, Boro came in to help out. Not sure why people are complaining about how Boro dealt with it, he did what every coach would have wanted him to do.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To be fair, the D comes in on a scrum and the faceoff comes out of the zone, so he held back at first, when Ryan had two guys go after him, Boro came in to help out. Not sure why people are complaining about how Boro dealt with it, he did what every coach would have wanted him to do.
not only fair but serious to boot

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

This isn't being 'fair'. Boro should have jumped in there right away and helped Formenton out.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Now this thought really strikes me as something one would lmao about.. I mean the comedy is so obvious .. Carey the 13th forward getting a shot when 2 forwards come out of the line up I mean get real .. how could that happen.. its a total comedy if that occurs
Why is carey the thirteenth forward. More to lmao about.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why is carey the thirteenth forward.

Because you don't want young prospects rotting in the pressbox during the regular season when the best thing for their development is to play as much as they can, and nobody gives a rats arse about the long-term future of Carey (with apologies to Carey's family and personal friends), so he's an ideal guy for that role.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
When is the last time the Sens didn't get screwed much by injuries in a season? Already with Pageau out for months, now 3 more on IR (Gaborik and MacArthur too but we knew in their case that their careers were coming to an end)

That being said, many those 3 players don't miss many games.

It really depends how Boucher manage the defense... I can't see him giving Ceci's role and minutes to Jaros; that'd be sending him to the lions.

It would be hard to top the lockout shortened season when we had that stretch without Andy-Spezza-Karlsson. But yeah, we're getting there (if you include Mac and Gaborik) with our current state.

Reactions: Xspyrit

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The problem with Boro is that he isnt really a feared fighter like Neil was,Neil would have tooled half the Philly team

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Borowiecki also has to worry that his next concussion could end his career.

True, the guy does have a pretty severe history in that regard.

Wasn't it just last season when he said he might need to change the way he plays after coming back from a concussion? He's not exactly the kind of guy who is going to find much success by taking his foot off the gas.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Avs fan here. I come in peace.

But if anyone here enjoys dark humour, I think you could have some fun with the fact that with Ceci out, your highest paid defenseman is now Dion Phaneuf.
We're just savvy with the pocket change we have to spend. One step ahead of the rest of the league

For last place... enjoy the pick!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There will be no advanced stat for how much you guys are gonna miss Ceci over the next few games.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
We were going to lose the next few games regardless of Ceci.

That's not really the point though.

There's a higher chance that we're gonna lose each game this season than win it, but having Ceci out lowers our odds of winning tremendously. He is ragged on and not given credit as one of our best defenders. Watching the next few games, it is going to become very evident that Ceci is not the negative he is made out to be by some of his detractors.

For that reason, I think these will be fascinating games.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
That's not really the point though.

There's a higher chance that we're gonna lose each game this season than win it, but having Ceci out lowers our odds of winning tremendously. He is ragged on and not given credit as one of our best defenders. Watching the next few games, it is going to become very evident that Ceci is not the negative he is made out to be by some of his detractors.

For that reason, I think these will be fascinating games.

The bar for "best defender" is very very low right now. Everyone around him, Demelo excepted, is super young and inexperienced.

So of course he's one of the best dmen we have right now. The fact that he's being outshined by Chabot and Lajoie says more about where his play is at though. So sure, we'll definitely miss his minutes, but I don't know if that's necessarily an endorsement for Ceci's abilities. More of a sad statement about our lack of experience.

Reactions: DrEasy

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The bar for "best defender" is very very low right now. Everyone around him, Demelo excepted, is super young and inexperienced.

So of course he's one of the best dmen we have right now. The fact that he's being outshined by Chabot and Lajoie says more about where his play is at though. So sure, we'll definitely miss his minutes, but I don't know if that's necessarily an endorsement for Ceci's abilities. More of a sad statement about our lack of experience.

I agree with most of what you are saying. In terms of our defense having a lack of experience, or being bad with or without Ceci, everything is relative. While Ceci being in the lineup does not give us an NHL defense, I think removing one of our only try top 4+ capable d-men will make it evident that he's not as awful as a lot of fans see him as.

I don't agree that Lajoie has been better. He's been better offensively, but overall Ceci has played the stronger game with tougher minutes. I also don't think Lajoie has been paired with a partner in the kind of minutes Ceci has played as over his head as Boro has been. I think it'll be interesting to see how Lajoie responds taking consistently tough minutes while not paired with Ceci. He has played a mix of tougher and softer minutes, but it seems like he's not played the tougher ones away from Ceci.

I think people are going to get a wake up call to the kind of effect losing Ceci has on this team's back end.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

But if anyone here enjoys dark humour, I think you could have some fun with the fact that with Ceci out, your highest paid defenseman is now Dion Phaneuf.

I LOVE dark humour!

If it were allowed, I’d give you one hundred likes. Thank you for making my evening. Cheers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

BTW. Hughes won’t be on the board at 31.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree with most of what you are saying. In terms of our defense having a lack of experience, or being bad with or without Ceci, everything is relative. While Ceci being in the lineup does not give us an NHL defense, I think removing one of our only try top 4+ capable d-men will make it evident that he's not as awful as a lot of fans see him as.

I don't agree that Lajoie has been better. He's been better offensively, but overall Ceci has played the stronger game with tougher minutes. I also don't think Lajoie has been paired with a partner in the kind of minutes Ceci has played as over his head as Boro has been. I think it'll be interesting to see how Lajoie responds taking consistently tough minutes while not paired with Ceci. He has played a mix of tougher and softer minutes, but it seems like he's not played the tougher ones away from Ceci.

I think people are going to get a wake up call to the kind of effect losing Ceci has on this team's back end.

Your point being Ceci is our most experienced D man and he will be missed in the lineup.. my understanding of it anyway. While I somewhat agree.. I also think that it will be a good test to further gauge some Jaros and Harpur.. I am glad that Harpur is getting a chance but I also think that playing the 7 D can end up being more challenging for the younger guys due to inconsistency of deployment. With that, I think its going to be hard to draw conclusions with one game. I would like to see Jaros in and them play 6D for a few games. I do not know how long Ceci will be out ..At least 7 Days. They have 3 games between today and next Saturday, so that could be as few as 2 games .. and at least 1 where they could go with 7D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad