GDT: CDSF Game 5: Blackhawks @ Predators, 8:30 PM CT (FS-TN, NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
god bless you mike ribeiro for smoking kane's little weiner ass!!!!! did a little *****copter and slinked like a little wounded rat back to his bench....awesome. and of course the slashhawks tried to hack ribeiro for the rest of game. amazing how ***** teams like chicago have no idea how to even play physically...instead of hitting back they slash players in the back and wrists, sucker punch guys in scrums etc.... hope you guys hammer them in chicago. :handclap:

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
NBC guys were whining about Ribs.
Go right after 88 and 19 and they can't handle it.
Media babies, way to go Ribs

FofH

Jun 10, 2006
The best thing!!!!!!! The Preds are now in both Darling's and Crawfords head... Never thought that possible but game 2 and now game 5 has them guessing. This was the only way to have a chance to win the series. now Its possible.

There is no guessing. Darling starts game 6. Chicago did not loose because of Darling. You get goals if you get shooter in good position. Something Nashville lacked especially in game 4.

Not directed to you Byrddog. Some people in HF expects goalies to be bullet proof. They have to stand on their heads to save the team from everything in every game. If goalie makes 35+ saves, game ends 1-0 and the goalie let's in questionable goal they automatically suck. No matter how many sure goals they save. Seen this in so many threads. Somehow people are expecting Roy kind of playoff performance from 1986 which is ridiculous.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Was out celebrating my bday at a bar. Didn't see much, but thankfully the game was on one of the tvs. Nice birthday gift. Keep the mojo goin!

Ribs knocks Kane on his ass.

Versteeg giftwraps Flip's hatty.

Good night.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Wish I had a GIF, but I loved Wilson's reaction after his goal- just smiling, nodding his head, like, "yep, that was bada**!"

And it sure was, what a move, what a goal.....

0llEAS.gif

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
There is no guessing. Darling starts game 6. Chicago did not loose because of Darling. You get goals if you get shooter in good position. Something Nashville lacked especially in game 4.

Not directed to you Byrddog. Some people in HF expects goalies to be bullet proof. They have to stand on their heads to save the team from everything in every game. If goalie makes 35+ saves, game ends 1-0 and the goalie let's in questionable goal they automatically suck. No matter how many sure goals they save. Seen this in so many threads. Somehow people are expecting Roy kind of playoff performance from 1986 which is ridiculous.

Darling has been good, but frankly it's been less about Darling and more about us. Since coming in I've paid attention, he is very beatable if you can elevate the puck above pad level. He does a great job of covering down low, and playing positional hockey, but if I team can elevate and paint the corners he isn't nearly as good.

Last edited:

FofH

Jun 10, 2006
Darling has been good, but frankly it's been less about Darling and more about us. Since coming in I've paid attention, he is very beatable if you can elevate the puck above pad level. He does a great job of covering down low, and playing positional hockey, but if I team can elevate and paint the corners he isn't nearly as good.

Amen. Perimeter shots results low goal amount. Get the puck in the box and result is like today. The addition of Fisher was a huge for this game. You could roll out more even lineup. And the matchup is much tougher for Chicago now. Exciting game 6 coming :handclap:

Breezer12

Jan 4, 2015
Bruins fan here, so happy you guys won today. Forsberg amazes me every time I get to see him play. By the way, he seems to say the word 'yeah' like 45 times every interview :laugh:

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
What win. The boys did right by all of us tonight. They looked great. Cullen, Wilson and Ribs really impressed me tonight. Scoresberg was Scoresberg.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Jw, seems you have redeemed yourself a bit in the GDT mojo department....

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Darling admitted as much after game 1 when talking about the save against Ellis.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Can somebody make a gif of the rib hit? That was a thing of beauty and should trigger an auto renewal on his contract. Loved that hit. Kane gets too much free ice.

Quite a few red shirts last night. Hope they haven't figured out a loophole in the system...

What an awesome win! Notice how we win vs the Hawks win? Takes em OT to do it, but our wins are done by miles. We just need to stack the wins together now.

Break them in their Mildhouse on Saturday boys!

FEARoN

Apr 20, 2015
Kentucky
I told my wife in the third "I hope you know who, gets a you know what since he got overlooked on the Calder". She started laughing saying you know the boys can't hear you, you can at least say his name. When they pulled Darling around the three minute mark and he wasn't on the ice I kept talking at the TV for a line change. When he finally got out there and Versteeg (I think) gained control in front of the net, I got bummed, he wiffed it and Forsberg got the hatty. We cheered so loud it woke our son up, who was sleeping upstairs. He is learning to talk and just learned uh-oh and that's all he kept saying when I went upstairs to put him back to sleep, lol. "Uh-oh, uh-oh...uh-oh". Wonder if that's what the Calder voters were thinking to themselves last night as well? Love that they asked him about it in the post game interview.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Leaf fan here. Just wanted to say congrats, that's a fine team you have there. Even though we have your 1st round pick I don't mind if you guys win, I'm sick of Chicago for one thing and for another thing, your team is very likeable.

Good luck!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I refer to this team as the Doompredators on another forum I frequent; love the Preds. Nice win and I am hungover as hell.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Just having Fisher back put people back where they should be. His leadership and playoff experience is what we needed the most. With Weber out he is the captain of the team. Your best players has to step it up in the playoffs and they did last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad