Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 3 | Avs @ Wild | Monday, April 21st, 5pm MT.. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't keep regular track so maybe. I know there has been times I've woken up to hear the suspension news, or word has come out in the evening.

I think that might just be when their media people are woking and they upload the videos. They're right on that schedule now though, so hopefully it's soon and we can start thinking about the game.

Okay... now this is unusual :nod:

I think they are looking at something really big if it is taking this long. They are probably having lawyers going through the CBA to see what they can realistically do. As an example, not an actual guess of what the games might be... they know that there probably isn't anyway they can do 30 games, but can they get away with 20.

gary lawless ‏@garylawless 1m
just spoke with #nhl deputy commish Bill Daly. League is working to make a ruling and announcement on Matt Cooke prior to tonight's games

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't want to muddy up the other thread. Mods please move this if you want this elsewhere.

Getting my popcorn:

Chad Graff ‏@ChadGraff 44s
Matt Cooke: "Since March 20, 2011, I've been a changed player. ... Stats prove I'm a changed player."

Chad Graff ‏@ChadGraff 59s
Matt Cooke: "I'm disappointed and sorry Tyson Barrie can't play tonight."

Chad Graff ‏@ChadGraff 49s
Matt Cooke: "It was not my intent to collide knee-to-knee. Meant to finish my check."

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Cooke did not take questions. rendered his statement and left. Didn't mention whether he was appealing or not.

What a goddman coward! Just gutless.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Didn't mean to do it....sorry I injured yet another player....I'm a changed man.....

All the same nonsense Cooke has been spewing forever. The same things he'll say when he's on his 7th suspension.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I feel so sorry for Cooke.

Accidents just seem to follow this poor guy around wherever he goes.

MiggityMiggityMack*

At 0:37. Same explanation. Cooke is always trying to finish his check.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I expected it from Cooke but I'm disappointed in Parise. I know he's going to side with his teammate but to say Barrie shouldn't have had his head down is out of line. It's too bad, I had respect for Parise.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I expected it from Cooke but I'm disappointed in Parise. I know he's going to side with his teammate but to say Barrie shouldn't have had his head down is out of line. It's too bad, I had respect for Parise.

Where are you seeing this? That's pretty sad.

A head down is the difference between getting laid out with a big open ice hit or avoiding it. It's not the difference between a guy coming at you with his knee stuck out aiming for your knee.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I literally can't watch it. I don't want to. The fact that he took out another star player, got off light in his suspension, and delivered a BS insincere excuse and just left without having the guts to stand up and answer questions is just too repulsive.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
@rboulding: Parise on Cooke: "if you’ve got your head down, he’s going to come after you and try and hit you."

@rboulding: "He’s one of those players where you just got to know where he is.”

I'm not sure where Boulding got it but I trust him, surely the Wild media and I'm not digging through there.

It's ludicrous, Barrie tried to avoid the knee. And he didn't even have the puck. The suspension clearly means intentional. What is the purpose of trying to spin it otherwise? Just admit it was a mistake. Saying he's trying to finish his check is insulting.

At the end of the day the dirty team wins. So what's really the point in any of it?

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
@rboulding: Parise on Cooke: "if you’ve got your head down, he’s going to come after you and try and hit you."

@rboulding: "He’s one of those players where you just got to know where he is.”

We're those quotes from today? If so that is absolutely disgusting.

MiggityMiggityMack*

@rboulding: "He’s one of those players where you just got to know where he is.â€
Watch your knees when Cooke is on the ice.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
That is an absolute joke.

Looks like Parise has just been added to my list of players who I only like once every 4 years for 2 weeks.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
1) His head wasn't down.
2) Head down or not, kneeing someone is illegal so what the hell does it matter?

I'm not sure if it's "disgusting", but they aren't intelligent comments.

Ah I see what your saying. I think Parise's comment was in general though and not about the knee on Barrie.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What do people expect Parise to say? Of course he is going to defend his teammate.

He didn't even do that. He said something that can apply to many players and people have their hands up.:laugh: Although, I think he could've said anything short of **** Cooke and people still would be mad.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just curious why that would be considered disgusting?

What do people expect Parise to say? Of course he is going to defend his teammate.

That's way above defending a teammate. This is a player with perhaps the longest rapsheet in the league, and someone that almost no one outside of Minnesota thinks accidentally took out another star player.

Defending you teammate would be saying he's a good guy, he didn't mean to do it, blah blah blah. Standard stuff. He said if you've got your head down, he's going to come after you. He's essentially condoning what Cooke received a relatively lengthy suspension for.

It's a disgusting lack of respect for another player who had his knee taken out, by saying he should have kept his head up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That's way above defending a teammate. This is a player with perhaps the longest rapsheet in the league, and someone that almost no one outside of Minnesota thinks accidentally took out another star player.

Defending you teammate would be saying he's a good guy, he didn't mean to do it, blah blah blah. Standard stuff. He said if you've got your head down, he's going to come after you. He's essentially condoning what Cooke received a relatively lengthy suspension for.

It's a disgusting lack of respect for another player who had his knee taken out, by saying he should have kept his head up.

If the roles were swapped and Cooke was on the Avs, they would be saying things similar to what Parise said. I bet if people looked back Talbot would say similar things about Cooke's time in Pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad