Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 3 | Avs @ Wild | Monday, April 21st, 5pm MT.. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
I fully acknowledge that Yeo may have spent a long time with cooke behind closed doors, but the targeting their defensemen comment to the media is the kind of thing that reverberates. And given how limited my respect for Yeo is, I have serious doubts that he did go through the necessary leash wrangling necessary for a player who has that wildness in him. That's why I think Yeo is complicit in the environment leading to the incident. Which is again just my read of the situation.

Roy made their exact same comments about targeting Suter and the other wild dmen. They are talking about finishing checks. Neither comments make either coach complicit for reckless actions of thier players.

BB1133

Apr 4, 2010
Guys--

In regards to Yeo "ordering" the hit or making it "pre-meditated", unless there is verifiable proof that he really did order it, it cannot be spoken about as a "fact" because that would cross over into the Libel rule.

For real. Yeo had nothing to do with Cooke's actions. I can't believe this is even being suggested. :facepalm:

Averick*

The only thing we have indisputable proof of, is that Cooke is a dingleberry.

Not really. You're talking about direct proof.

What's also indisputable is that Yeo might be coaching for his job...so there's motivation.

What's also indisputable is that an effort was made to get his pit bull more involved in the series.

Another act of desperation was starting Heatley.

Yeo was panicking.

There's not direct proof in the form of a signed document by Yeo and Cooke or a tape recorded conversation but there is nexxus when you look at the circumstances.

People don't seem to understand that court cases have been tried and won with only circumstancial (ie no direct proof) evidence. I keep seeing comments that are oblivious to this.

Averick*

I don't think it was Barrie in particular who was targeted, but I believe he told Cooke to go do what he does and whatever happens, happens. The knee on Barrie, the elbow he threw at MacKinnon all in the same game seems a little odd for someone who is supposedly "reformed" and a "changed man" unless he was told to go ahead and be the sociopath he's always been by someone in authority. All of this coming when the Wild were down 2-0 and desperate makes the timing of it all look pretty suspicious.

Last year the Wild lost to the Blackhawks, which is another fast team. It's additionally suspicious that they then go out and acquire Cooke in the offseason. So here they are, back against the wall again, only this year they have, what they feel, is a tool for the job.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/255588041.html

Avs coach Patrick Roy knows Wild counterpart Mike Yeo will lean hard on Suter, the Wild’s No. 1 defenseman. There’s no way around that, so Roy said it’s important for the Avalanche to make those minutes hard for Suter.

“We’re going to have to finish every check we can on him,†Roy said. “It’s very simple. If he plays in our end, he might play 45 minutes. But if we play in their end and we finish our checks, we force him to battle when we’re going to the net, he needs to push guys around, I mean, we want him to play big minutes.

“He’s a special player, let’s not kid ourselves. We’re going to have to force im to play big minutes.â€

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
As much as this incident pissed me off - I'm pretty sure Yeo didn't order an attack on Barrie, or anyone else for that matter.

As who to blame - I blame the NHL for allowing this ******-bag to remain in the league, and blame the entire Minnesota organization for employing Cooke to begin with. Even though his play on the ice has merit without all the extra curricular stuff his rap sheet is long and distinguished.

He should not be in the NHL. Period.

Averick*

As much as this incident pissed me off - I'm pretty sure Yeo didn't order an attack on Barrie, or anyone else for that matter.

As who to blame - I blame the NHL for allowing this ******-bag to remain in the league, and blame the entire Minnesota organization for employing Cooke to begin with. Even though his play on the ice has merit without all the extra curricular stuff his rap sheet is long and distinguished.

He should not be in the NHL. Period.

What makes you so sure?...just because?

If you're with Pittsburgh when he's there, you're either disgusted by what he does and fed up or you love it. Extremely doubtful there are shades of gray. If you were disgusted and fed up with him, doubtful you want to be around him ever again. If, however, you loved his game in Pittsburgh, you do things like convince your GM to give him a 3 year contract.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
What makes you so sure?...just because?

If you're with Pittsburgh when he's there, you're either disgusted by what he does and fed up or you love it. Extremely doubtful there are shades of gray. If you were disgusted and fed up with him, doubtful you want to be around him ever again. If, however, you loved his game in Pittsburgh, you do things like convince your GM to give him a 3 year contract.

Yeah, just because. Yeo doesn't seem like that sort of person. Could be wrong, I guess.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Are people actually out of their mind enough to think that Yeo told Cooke to take out a player on the Avs?

This place can be so ridiculous.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wasn't Cooke's hearing scheduled for 10:30am ET, or am I not remembering correctly?

They usually release the decision pretty soon after the hearing? I hope this doesn't mean they actually bought whatever excuse he's made, and are reconsidering the length.

Averick*

Wasn't Cooke's hearing scheduled for 10:30am ET, or am I not remembering correctly?

They usually release the decision pretty soon after the hearing? I hope this doesn't mean they actually bought whatever excuse he's made, and are reconsidering the length.

What must the excuse have been?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It usually takes a few hours after the meeting ends to determine the suspension... and produce those high quality videos.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It usually takes a few hours after the meeting ends to determine the suspension... and produce those high quality videos.

Maybe I'm just selectively remembering the times it came out pretty soon after. I know that's happened a few times. That's what's making me more nervous. I think when it takes time after, that means they are discussing it again based on what the player said.

Then again, Quintal may be handling things a little differently so who knows.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe I'm just selectively remembering the times it came out pretty soon after. I know that's happened a few times. That's what's making me more nervous. I think when it takes time after, that means they are discussing it again based on what the player said.

They have to discuss it based on what the player says. It may not affect the decision much but that is why they give the players these hearings. Otherwise they would just announce the suspension as soon as it's reviewed.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

The suspension announcements tend to happen between noon and 1PM MST... some have been as late as 3:00-3:30.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The suspension announcements tend to happen between noon and 1PM MST... some have been as late as 3:00-3:30.

I don't keep regular track so maybe. I know there has been times I've woken up to hear the suspension news, or word has come out in the evening.

I think that might just be when their media people are woking and they upload the videos. They're right on that schedule now though, so hopefully it's soon and we can start thinking about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad