GDT: CDSF Game 2 Blues vs. Wild 4-18-15 2 PM CT NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I'm gonna go out in favor of the apparently unpopular opinion and say (With the exception of Backes' penalty at the end of game 1) they really haven't been that bad. Not great? sure. Bad enough to warrant this level of criticism? I disagree.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I'm gonna go out in favor of the apparently unpopular opinion and say (With the exception of Backes' penalty at the end of game 1) they really haven't been that bad. Not great? sure. Bad enough to warrant this level of criticism? I disagree.

Completely disagree. Oshie's play is deplorable right now. Backes is the captain; he continually disappears when the playoffs come around and there is no excuse for that. I don't care if their play is "okay." "Okay" is NOT good enough from our captains, especially when it's the playoffs.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

backes has been subpar but he was better today. still he is not where he needs to be for this team to have more success but he did look a bit better today.

oshie has been and still is horrendous. he needs to sit for a game and im not being a hater. he doesnt even look like a 4th line player right now, much less top 6. he is hesitant with the puck, not getting pucks in deep and doing alot of flybys.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
backes has been subpar but he was better today. still he is not where he needs to be for this team to have more success but he did look a bit better today.

oshie has been and still is horrendous. he needs to sit for a game and im not being a hater. he doesnt even look like a 4th line player right now, much less top 6. he is hesitant with the puck, not getting pucks in deep and doing alot of flybys.

when every single post you make is about how much he sucks, yeah you're being a hater. He's been struggling but it's not like he's Tanner Glass out there. Just needs to toughen up between the ears. I'm not saying he's been good so don't think I'm defending him. He just hasn't been "horrendous"

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Took a peek at the Minnesota board, and had to stop reading after about a page due to the pure foolishness.

Apparently Tarasenko won't score another goal this series, and Minnesota would be up 2-0 if more bounces went their way. Real educated analysis over there.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Took a peek at the Minnesota board, and had to stop reading after about a page due to the pure foolishness.

Apparently Tarasenko won't score another goal this series, and Minnesota would be up 2-0 if more bounces went their way. Real educated analysis over there.

If you really think hard about it though, if Minnesota had scored more goals today than the Blues did, they would be up 2-0 right now.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
when every single post you make is about how much he sucks, yeah you're being a hater. He's been struggling but it's not like he's Tanner Glass out there. Just needs to toughen up between the ears. I'm not saying he's been good so don't think I'm defending him. He just hasn't been "horrendous"

keep defending guys who are getting outproduced by bergie then. im just calling it how it is. when our 3rd line winger is outproducing 2 people with leadership letters on their jersey, its not acceptable. Not like its a fluke either, Bergie when hes healthy has always outproduced them in the playoffs.

Oshie has been playing this way for well over a month and now hes dragging Backes down into the mud with him. If you find that acceptable then you can find another 1st round exit acceptable too.
Wild are going to throw Suter out on the ice everytime Tarasenko is out there and other people are going to have to help out, Backes and Oshie I am looking at you.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It's not wrong to say that TJ Oshie needs to improve his game by a good margin.

I don't think that Backes is playing all that poorly tbh. I'm looking for more out of Paul Stastny. 10 points in 7 games against the Wild a year ago in the playoffs. Needs to show up on the road.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
keep defending guys who are getting outproduced by bergie then. im just calling it how it is. when our 3rd line winger is outproducing 2 people with leadership letters on their jersey, its not acceptable. Not like its a fluke either, Bergie when hes healthy has always outproduced them in the playoffs.

Oshie has been playing this way for well over a month and now hes dragging Backes down into the mud with him. If you find that acceptable then you can find another 1st round exit acceptable too.
Wild are going to throw Suter out on the ice everytime Tarasenko is out there and other people are going to have to help out, Backes and Oshie I am looking at you.

KirkOut said:

You could actually read what I write or nah.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Tarasenko didn't have a problem scoring today. I'm not super concerned about him being able to generate chances, even against Suter.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
It's not wrong to say that TJ Oshie needs to improve his game by a good margin.

I don't think that Backes is playing all that poorly tbh. I'm looking for more out of Paul Stastny. 10 points in 7 games against the Wild a year ago in the playoffs. Needs to show up on the road.

Backes was better today. He still needs to play a more physical game but it was a improvement since Game 1.

Oshie was once again invisible 5on5. He was Ok on the PP and PK. 0 goals in his past 13, 2 in his past 22 now.

Hitch: Our top players needed to show up today and we got better efforts today. Backes, Steen, Petro.

Notice Oshie was not named? Its cause hes a nonfactor right now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you really think hard about it though, if Minnesota had scored more goals today than the Blues did, they would be up 2-0 right now.
That's a good point. The series should just be canceled right now and awarded to the Wild.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
%^&*ing fell asleep 20 minutes before gametime. Oh well, nice news to wake up to! Frank the Tank, baby!

TANKhelmet_zps46b368cd.gif

....and now I get to watch the game without the nerves jingling. Predicting a 4-1 Blues win and a hat trick from Tarasenko. Lets go Blues :yo:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm just glad Dubnyk has been exposed for the sloth that he is.

I really want to see Bortuzzo in. His snarl really makes the other guys pick up their play

Jake ****ing Allen by the way.....bravo.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

yeah, I let the main board know that us blues fans don't read. This is good thinking. Three stars thread soon? I'll be spending more time in the main GDT from now on because we won the game. Never ever let me make any kind of GDT ever again:yo:

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

I love how they said that after the Wild had two weird bounces off the glass and scored from a fluke broken stick.

Last edited:

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
This quote....

anigif_excited-ron-6869-1311881136-43.gif

awesome tweet gif combo.

On another note, I really expect some puck luck in the next few games. The bounces the wild have had this season against us are insane. We did get some luck on the Backes sweep out in todays game (must take note), but the Scandella goal, the two stantion bounces onto allen... it's ridiculous

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

How many bounces do they want? The first of the series was a gift and they had 2 more today that bounced off the boards right in front of the net. One almost went directly in. Flukey stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad