Post-Game Talk: CDSF - Dallas Stars (1) vs. Minnesota Wild (WC) - STARS WIN 4-2

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
While I do want Kari to succeed, if he starts to play like that again, pull him. There's no need to give him a long leash and let him throw away road games.

Let's not act like Kari was the only poor performer last night.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Let's not act like Kari was the only poor performer last night.

I'm not, but Kari didn't exactly play well himself. There's no reason to play a goalie who isn't on his game when you've got an option that's just as viable sitting on the bench.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm not, but Kari didn't exactly play well himself. There's no reason to play a goalie who isn't on his game when you've got an option that's just as viable sitting on the bench.

He played pretty great the first half of the game. Meanwhile all the point shot blocking and tip prevention we were doing for the past month went out the window.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The defense left opponents way too open in front of the goalie for deflections and passes . I'm not blaming Kari at all for this games mess , maybe one he could've had but he also made some great saves as well. If Niemi plays in game 4 its not because Kari was bad but to wake up the defense a bit more.

Last edited:

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Not much Kari could have done on goals 1 and 2, but he did give up juicy rebounds on the third and forth tallies. Maybe if our defence's coverage didn't consist of a grand canyon sized gap front of the net, they would have been taken care of. But nevertheless, ideally a goalie would have been able to either smother the shots or steer them to the corner.

I have no preference as to who starts game 4. But whoever it is, I just hope the team in front of them shows up.

Loui21Eriksson

Jul 17, 2013
Germany
I think Kari should start game 4. I doubt Niemi would have looked better last game and Kari deserves another start after his play in the first two games imo.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
He played pretty great the first half of the game. Meanwhile all the point shot blocking and tip prevention we were doing for the past month went out the window.

The offense stunk last night. That's all you really need to know about how the defense played. They always stink when our offense isn't dominating possession.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The offense stunk last night. That's all you really need to know about how the defense played. They always stink when our offense isn't dominating possession.

There was a total breakdown.

I'm definitely not in favor of going to Niemi, that's a panic move that tells Kari you don't have faith in him. Rightly or wrongly, that means Kari's done.

I would like to see an offense/defense(-ish) split in the top 2 lines:
Benn-Spezza-Nichushkin
Janmark-Eakin-Sharp
It's not desperate, but it is a response to the struggles of last game.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
There was a total breakdown.

I'm definitely not in favor of going to Niemi, that's a panic move that tells Kari you don't have faith in him. Rightly or wrongly, that means Kari's done.

I would like to see an offense/defense(-ish) split in the top 2 lines:
Benn-Spezza-Nichushkin
Janmark-Eakin-Sharp
It's not desperate, but it is a response to the struggles of last game.

Probably need some more energy/passion mixed in too. I know it won't happen but Faksa replacing Eakin in the top six would be a nice thing to see at some point.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Probably need some more energy/passion mixed in too. I know it won't happen but Faksa replacing Eakin in the top six would be a nice thing to see at some point.

Time to stop thinking about top 6/bottom 6. Faksa and company handle brutal assignments with aplomb, which we know Eakin can't do. Changing that line would be foolish when there are 9 other forwards Ruff can move around as much as he wants.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Time to stop thinking about top 6/bottom 6. Faksa and company handle brutal assignments with aplomb, which we know Eakin can't do. Changing that line would be foolish when there are 9 other forwards Ruff can move around as much as he wants.

Well the point was Eakin is getting more minutes. Less would be ideal. Less time with the big boys even better.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
My preference would be

Benn – Spezza - Sharp
Roussel - Faksa – Hemsky
Janmark - Eakin – Eaves
Nuke – Fiddler - Sceviour

I normally don’t like loading up one line, but it makes a bit more sense in this instance. Koivu, Coyle and Haula/Nino are all split across three separate lines and all of their top 4 of Suter, Spurgeon, Scandella and Brodin are very good defensive players. So, it’s not like you’re getting a massive advantage by shielding you top scoring line from opposition shut down/top pairing matchups as all the matchups are semi-similar in strength.

You keep your Faksa line chemistry while increasing their minutes (which are well deserved) and you have two solid responsible players to flank Eakin and provide protection from his subpar puck handling tendencies on the third line. There is also the opportunity to move Scevs up in the lineup as the game dictates.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We don't know yet. Depends on the result of WSH-PHI.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Philly forced a game 5, so we'll have the later game.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika 4 minutes ago
Tyler Seguin still is rehabbing and is out for Game 5, Lindy Ruff said.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They're gonna be much more careful with him . Hope he's not brought back before they're sure he's 100% .

Dog

Dallas Stars
Lead NHL Round 1 against Minnesota Wild 3-1
Game 5, today, 9:30 PM
American Airlines Center

Minnesota
Wild

@
Dallas
Stars

All times are in Eastern Time

Let's GO