Post-Game Talk: CDSF - Dallas Stars (1) vs. Minnesota Wild (WC) - STARS WIN 4-2

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars earned themselves the first spot. I did not expect to keep it but the team showed character down the stretch.

Now show it again in the playoffs. Most exiciting Stars team i personally got to see .

Major difference from the Morrow , Ribeiro , Richards core. They not only would've found a way to lose the division title but somehow would've missed the playoffs too.

TeamCanadaGoldChamps

Oct 17, 2015
Ottawa, ON
#18 November 14th, 2015 Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM CST 3-2 W
#24 November 28th, 2015 Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM CST 4-3 W
#34 December 21st, 2015 Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM CST 6-3 W
#44 January 9th, 2016 Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM CST 1-2 L
#54 February 9th, 2016 Minnesota Wild 7:00 PM CST 4-3 W

copied these from
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=104850973&postcount=5

all games close but were before Trade Deadline

STARS FTW!!!

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Can't wait, a great chance to start a true rivalry with these clowns. We already have a good base. Time to add onto it with (hopefully) a series win.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not counting them out, but Minnesota has been terrible lately, they're the worst team in the playoffs, and they're missing a couple key pieces (Vanek and Parise, although the latter will probably be back for the playoffs).

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Major difference from the Morrow , Ribeiro , Richards core. They not only would've found a way to lose the division title but somehow would've missed the playoffs too.

To be fair that core only had one good year before players in it started to fall apart and couldn't be replaced due to lack of ownership.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Minnesota has been flailing so much lately I'm not too worried. As long as we win game 1 I think we're gonna take them without too much trouble...
But we'll see... I can barely even remember how it was to be in a playoff series where we're actually expected to have a chance to win, let alone be favorites, it all feels so new...

BiggestE22

Jul 6, 2014
Dallas Texas
Not counting them out, but Minnesota has been terrible lately, they're the worst team in the playoffs, and they're missing a couple key pieces (Vanek and Parise, although the latter will probably be back for the playoffs).

Parise is not 100% it appears. Dubnyk has a bad glove hand. Stars in 5

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Hi, Canes fan here choosing you over Nashville to join your bandwagon since your team has a better shot at winning it all. Actually pretty excited about this series as strange as that may sound. Former Minnesota team vs. current one is an interesting story line to me, and it's much better than seeing the same old Pens-Rangers, Flyers-Caps, Hawks-Blues etc. since that's all NBC ever airs.

Anyway go Dallas!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
To be fair that core only had one good year before players in it started to fall apart and couldn't be replaced due to lack of ownership.

Still should have made the playoffs at least once after the 08 run. Yeah the defense was a tirefire after Zubie and Boucher left but they threw it away twice on the last day of the season.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
I don't like that just about everyone is downplaying Minnesota so much. They've given us some close games this year. Yeah they're limping in but this is the start of the real season. I think we should absolutely win this series but it may be closer that people think.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Hi, Canes fan here choosing you over Nashville to join your bandwagon since your team has a better shot at winning it all. Actually pretty excited about this series as strange as that may sound. Former Minnesota team vs. current one is an interesting story line to me, and it's much better than seeing the same old Pens-Rangers, Flyers-Caps, Hawks-Blues etc. since that's all NBC ever airs.

Anyway go Dallas!

Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask for a playoff avy if Satan's willing to make one.

I think we're all pretty excited too, but also just to be back in the playoffs.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Still should have made the playoffs at least once after the 08 run. Yeah the defense was a tirefire after Zubie and Boucher left but they threw it away twice on the last day of the season.

I'd say the first year after the 08 run was probably the best chance as it was mainly injuries and sophmore slumps that killed that season. Turco's utter decline into garbage that season still somehow didn't sink the season until that late Richards injury.

After that I would disagree. The following teams just had too many other players fall off the map and a lack of good replacements for them.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
I'd say the first year after the 08 run was probably the best chance as it was mainly injuries and sophmore slumps that killed that season. Turco's utter decline into garbage that season still somehow didn't sink the season until that late Richards injury.

After that I would disagree. The following teams just had too many other players fall off the map and a lack of good replacements for them.

IIRC, we were a cup favorite going into the 08-09 season. Our aging defense and immediate goaltending decline is what did us in and this was before all the ownership issues set in. Gaglardi really resurrected us in a hurry.

We had no defensive and goaltending pipeline knowing we had an aging roster. Also, our GM situation was a mess. First the two headed monster Hull and Les Jackson was it? Then Niewy.

SickDangles

Jun 15, 2008
Canada
The 08 team was money. Can't believe anyone would question that core. The following year we lost Zubov, did anyone really think it would be the same with our D core the way it was without him? When you refer to that core you're referring to the 07/08 year imo, which was magical. Everything after wasn't the same team.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
So assuming everyone is healthy, what do the lines look like?

I'd guess:

Benn - Eakin - Seguin

Janmark - Spezza - Sharp

Roussel- Faksa - Nichuskin

Sceviour - Fiddler - Eaves

Goose - Klingberg

Oduya - Johns

Russel - Demers

Niemi

Scratches are Hemksy, Ritchie, Nemeth, Jordie

Kari gets a start when Niemi starts to struggle and vice versa.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This morning's lines:

Benn-Eakin-Sharp
Nichushkin-Spezza-Eaves
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Moen-Fiddler-Sceviour
Janmark-Seguin

Janmark and Seguin probably not 100% just yet.

I'd say sit Moen for sure. The other option to sit is more up in the air, could be a variety of players. Sceviour, Nuke, Fiddler, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad