Confirmed with Link: CDH and Saarela to CHI for Forsling and Anton Forsberg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
A player becomes a 3rd year pro at the beginning of the their 3rd league year.

The team ended up protecting 3 members of the 2012 draft class last round (di Giuseppe, McGinn and Carrick). The clock on their ELCs started ticking in 14-15 and concluded at the end of 16-17.

Bean is not exempt from a 21-22 expansion draft.

Never mind I thought it was next year.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I disagree. Pesce played LD in college and looked just fine there in the playoffs. That may in fact be his more natural side (based off increased offense).

Peters was adamant that righties play on the right. Pesce and Rod don’t care.

Again, I agree that he does create more offense on the left side and that playing him there may be an option in certain situations but it's definitely not his natural side. He's much better on the right side where he makes almost zero mistakes.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah either I'm confused about the year of the draft or everyone here is off by 1 year. Next Expansion Draft is 2 offseasons from now, not next offseason. Bean will not be exempt. Necas should be exempt because last year slid.

In the expansion draft is in June 2021, Necas will have two NHL seasons and 1 AHL season under his belt.

He will be need to be protected as well

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Why do I feel like we're about to sign Faulk to some stupid 4 year deal with a NTC forcing us not only to lose Hamilton when his contract expires (bc you're not signing both of them) but also to protect him at the Expansion Draft. He'll be our own Brent Seabrook!!
Faulk will not sign a contract that short as his first UFA deal.

Reactions: Hinterland

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why do I feel like we're about to sign Faulk to some stupid 4 year deal with a NTC forcing us not only to lose Hamilton when his contract expires (bc you're not signing both of them) but also to protect him at the Expansion Draft. He'll be our own Brent Seabrook!!
NTC doesn’t need to be protected. I think you probably meant to say NMC.

Last edited:
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
In the expansion draft is in June 2021, Necas will have two NHL seasons and 1 AHL season under his belt.

He will be need to be protected as well

The AHL season doesn't count. Kevin Fiala spent most of 14-15 in the AHL, playing 1 game for the Predators that season. He was exempt at the end of 16-17.

Contrast that with Marko Dano, who split D+2 between the NHL (35) and the AHL (39). Winnipeg had to expose him for the expansion draft.

The FO was very careful with Necas, sending him down before the cutoff (10 games) and not calling him back up. The reward is an expansion exempt asset with a full ELC and age 27 unrestricted free agency at the earliest.

Last edited:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Only Wesley, Eric Staal, Brindy, O'Neill and Skinner has more games for Carolina Hurricanes than Faulk. I do think they will keep him here for entire career. He is franchise leader for all the D in goals and points. Former captain. They will keep him over Hamilton, no doubt.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The AHL season doesn't count. Kevin Fiala spent most of 14-15 in the AHL, playing 1 game for the Predators that season. He was exempt at the end of 16-17.

Contrast that with Marko Dano, who split D+2 between the NHL (35) and the AHL (39). Winnipeg had to expose him for the expansion draft.

The FO was very careful with Necas, sending him down before the cutoff (10 games) and not calling him back up. The reward is an expansion exempt asset with a full ELC and age 27 unrestricted free agency at the earliest.
There's some trickery to it. A season in AHL is a "professional season" and as such counts... except it doesn't count for 18-19 year olds who Slide that year of their ELC, apparently because it doesn't count for their ELC either.

Kevin Fiala Slided 14-15 and 15-16. 16-17 was his first pro season that counted.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
FYI, Forsberg is ****, AHL level goalie. Don't worry, won't play a single game for the Canes.

Don't get fooled by his 35 games in the NHL in the 17-18 season, there is a reason why he played so many games for the Hawks,
MULTIPLE INJURIES.

BTW. he is 27 years old

45 games in the NHL.

W: .244 (11 Wins)
GAA: 3.30
SV: .900

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad