CDF Game 3 • 5/5/2015 • Wild vs Hawks • 7PM CT, 3AM FIN • NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

No, but I remember a bunch of Wild fans bragging about their success against the Blues and the Hawks shouldn't be much harder.

No goals against Crawford in over 4 periods. Thats even funnier. :laugh:

Wasn't me, I predicted the Hawks in 5. Wild have no answer for the likes of Kane and Toews and have no one on the roster or coming up in the system who will be even close to their talent level. This team is a second round out AT BEST and always will be until they finally get that high level player or two.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Wasn't me, I predicted the Hawks in 5. Wild have no answer for the likes of Kane and Toews and have no one on the roster or coming up in the system who will be even close to their talent level. This team is a second round out AT BEST and always will be until they finally get that high level player or two.

I thought they spent 180 million on two.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Craaaaaaaaawford!

Huge win! HUGE! Some of the best defensive play I've seen from these guys in a while. So many pucks cleared from the front of the net. It was really impressive

Luck doesn't have anything to do with it boys. The Wild are good, but they're just ultimately not good enough.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Honestly I think the Wild are a pretty good team. They have some good players. I didn't say they'd win or lose, I just remember the predictions that couldn't be argued with.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
That was brutal. Solid game played by the hawks but jesus we were bad

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
The wild should have learned from the Habs when they had Vanek. He was absolute garbage as a Hab.

The guy has 6pts in his last 16 playoff games, 0 goals. -11.

He doesnt drive to the net at all, hes purely a perimeter player today. Youre not going to have success if youre hovering along the boards all game long. The guy is just not willing to pay the price to get to the front of the net. And if one of your top paid guys has that work ethic, your team isnt going anywhere in the playoffs. You need to pay the price to win in the playoffs. The cup isnt known as the hardest trophy to win in professional sports for no reason Thomas.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The Wild could have just as easily been up 3-0 in this series. Playoff hockey is funky, not trying to take any credit away from the Hawks here though. Hawks have outplayed us big time.

They haven't had a lead yet - but they could have easily been up 3-0? :laugh:

The Wild are being beaten by a superior team. Nothing surprising.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
The wild should have learned from the Habs when they had Vanek. He was absolute garbage as a Hab.

The guy has 6pts in his last 16 playoff games, 0 goals. -6.

He doesnt drive to the net at all, hes purely a perimeter player today. Youre not going to have success if youre hovering along the boards all game long.

I'm seriously wondering did the Wild scout him properly or did they just watch old youtube highlights.

Billy Mays Here*

Youre not going to have success if youre hovering along the boards all game long.

You just described the Wild's entire system in one sentence.

Cycle, cycle and more cycle, never getting the pucks to the slot or scoring areas. Hell, never even getting a point shot from the middle, always the perimeter.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
89% of Wild fans (at least the ones on their board) expected their team to beat the Chicago Blackhawks.

lolz

crimsonking

Mar 2, 2007
Canada
So that's what 4 consecutive heart attacks feels like...

Wow, that third felt like a 20 minute penalty kill. Good win though, Crawford was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad