CDF Game 3 • 5/5/2015 • Wild vs Hawks • 7PM CT, 3AM FIN • NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbleHeadNight*

Center depth a huge factor for the Hawks in the playoffs so far. Anyone think they're up 3-0 in round two with Handzus and Shaw centering the 2nd and 3rd lines?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What the hell happened to Vermette? Why is he so **** with the Hawks?

Huh?

He's been solid to great since drawing back into the lineup in the playoffs.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but pretty much every line of the Blackhawks was crap after the 1st intermission. Not sure how you single out the one positive possession line the Hawks had this game...

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
I'm seriously wondering did the Wild scout him properly or did they just watch old youtube highlights.

Well Vanek has been one of the most highly targeted forwards over the past few years, lots of GMs were lining up for this guy.

Unfortunately, hes no longer the high profile 40 goal power forward that used to drive to the net and was a bull around the net. When he was in his prime, this guy was an elite sniper who gave defenseman hissyfits because they couldnt contain him down low.

Those days are long gone. I dont know if hes injured or what, but he just doesnt look motivated out there. Its almost like he just wants to retire and hang up the skates. It looks like hes following Dany Heatley, they are both slow as molasses.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
I was really surprised with once again how the Wild played. Crawford was great, and the Hawks defense was great. But the Wild really didn't even play physical much in this game. Minnesota's crowd was great too.

I guess it's our luck that we got a team that really just fell over. The Hawks definitely played well though, Crawford was awesome for the first time in a while.

Hoping the Hawks can close it out in game 4, there's no need to play any extra games and risk injuries. Go all out for game 4 and get some rest. I was really wrong about this series though, I severely overestimated the Wild.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I thought it was hilarious to hear those chants when they were getting shutout. Don't fans typically do that after a goal is scored?

Typically, yes

Thinking you can get under the skin of a professional goalie who is currently pitching a shutout seems a little silly to me, but do what you gotta I guess??

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I thought it was hilarious to hear those chants when they were getting shutout. Don't fans typically do that after a goal is scored?

The Wild fans were doing it just after puck drop. At least it's original though. His name being two syllables and all, it really rolls off the tongue.

Nothingman*

Even game threes on the road apparently! :handclap:

Yeah. I was not too confident going into this game. Glad that monkey is off our back.

Remember when Crawford and our D was a huge question mark coming into this series? Seems so long ago.......

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014

I thought it was hilarious to hear that within the first 6 seconds of a game when the Wild lost a face-off.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014

You'd think that's what would happen, but I heard the chant not even a minute into the game tonight. I question its origin, but the first time I remember hearing it was in a playoff series against the Kings (I could very well be incorrect). Seems other teams have "inherited" it since then.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
The longer a series goes on, the better the hawks get.

But the Hawks are the #1 team over the past 5 seasons in closing out teams. They currently hold a ridiculous record that no other team can match. This all comes from experience and past cups.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I severely overestimated the Wild.

Wasn't just you. A lot of people did. Once I saw the Hawks pot four in game one I knew the series was done like dinner. Dubnyk was their savior and without him being huge the Wild aren't the same team.

Makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with the Blues? I guess bad goaltending and not enough offense.

BobbleHeadNight*

Wow, the Wild suck. How did they even oust the Blues?

So the Hawks aren't really good because they're only beating a sucky team?

The Wild are good, the Hawks are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad