CDF Game 3 • 5/5/2015 • Wild vs Hawks • 7PM CT, 3AM FIN • NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
I was really surprised with once again how the Wild played. Crawford was great, and the Hawks defense was great. But the Wild really didn't even play physical much in this game. Minnesota's crowd was great too.

I guess it's our luck that we got a team that really just fell over. The Hawks definitely played well though, Crawford was awesome for the first time in a while.

Hoping the Hawks can close it out in game 4, there's no need to play any extra games and risk injuries. Go all out for game 4 and get some rest. I was really wrong about this series though, I severely overestimated the Wild.

You overestimate every team the Hawks play.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So that's what 4 consecutive heart attacks feels like...

Wow, that third felt like a 20 minute penalty kill. Good win though, Crawford was amazing.

The hawks were sitting back, which I don't like, but they weren't really under siege. There was never a point where u thought a goal was coming which is often the case when the other team is constantly generating.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hey remember when the Wild were a sexy pick to win this series?

ROFL me too.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Even if the Wild or blues were facing the LA Kings, they would get smoked, probably even swept.

In the west, the ONLY team that is on the Hawks level is the Kings (ducks are close, but not there yet).

Billy Mays Here*

Hey remember when the Wild were a sexy pick to win this series?

ROFL me too.

Remember when the Wild were gonna shut down Kane and score more goals than the Hawks due to their better depth?

Good times indeed.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
The hawks were sitting back, which I don't like, but they weren't really under siege. There was never a point where u thought a goal was coming which is often the case when the other team is constantly generating.

My heart was under siege lol

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Wasn't just you. A lot of people did. Once I saw the Hawks pot four in game one I knew the series was done like dinner. Dubnyk was their savior and without him being huge the Wild aren't the same team.

Makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with the Blues? I guess bad goaltending and not enough offense.

I mean I understand Dubynk, but their scoring really has been suspect in this series. I guess I just thought they were better offensively. I mean the Hawks are a good defensive team, but the way they played against Nashville at times, it wasn't consistent. So I don't know how much of this has been the Hawks defense and how much of it has been the Wild struggling. They've definitely had their chances though. Probably a little of both.

You overestimate every team the Hawks play.

Right because you expected the Wild to play like this right? I usually never overestimate Hawks opponents. The way the Wild played the last 3-4 months and then the last series, I just expected better.

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
Wasn't just you. A lot of people did. Once I saw the Hawks pot four in game one I knew the series was done like dinner. Dubnyk was their savior and without him being huge the Wild aren't the same team.

Makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with the Blues? I guess bad goaltending and not enough offense.

No point in even mentioning Dubnyk. Two goals in three games, if they played two goalies at the same time they still wouldn't win.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
The Wild are good, the Hawks are better.

This. Hawks know when they need to be winning and have the drive to close it out.

A lot of people were upset they sat back the last period or so, but really Minnesota did not provide any sort of major threat that warranted overextending on offense. Being able to win 1-0 says a lot about our team, and I'm excited at the prospect of going deep again.

Minnesota just looks lost whenever they can't score first and hold a lead. Which honestly, with the comebacks we've seen from Chicago this playoff, doesn't even guarantee anything. Hopefully we can once again score first in game 4 and end this series quickly.

The Minnesota fans have pointed out the players that have been useless this playoff run and need to be cast aside for younger talent. Vanek, Pominville, Koivu, and the like. I think if they do that and bring in a coach not so centered on getting the first goal, Minnesota's gonna be really good. But these things take time.

Swearengen

Jun 25, 2013
Chicago
How about again just for fun....

Craaaaaawwwwwfoooorrrrd.

Crow in 14 playoff games against the Wild is 11-3 with a 96.7 sv%, 1.6 GAA, and also has two shutouts.

I'm starting to think the Craaaaaaawwwwfoooord thing might actually be an expression of longing and desire from the Wild fans.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Crow in 14 playoff games against the Wild is 11-3 with a 96.7 sv%, 1.6 GAA, and also has two shutouts.

I'm starting to think the Craaaaaaawwwwfoooord thing might actually be an expression of longing and desire from the Wild fans.

It's nice of Wild fans to show appreciation for Crawford soon as the puck dropped to start the game.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
I was really surprised with once again how the Wild played. Crawford was great, and the Hawks defense was great. But the Wild really didn't even play physical much in this game. Minnesota's crowd was great too.

I guess it's our luck that we got a team that really just fell over. The Hawks definitely played well though, Crawford was awesome for the first time in a while.

Hoping the Hawks can close it out in game 4, there's no need to play any extra games and risk injuries. Go all out for game 4 and get some rest. I was really wrong about this series though, I severely overestimated the Wild.

The Wild played damn well tonight. As is always, the way through the Hawks isn't to try and grind them into the boards. Ask the Blues how well that has worked against the Hawks.

That team did NOT "fall over" as you mentioned, from the start of the second to the end of the game they were a threat, and one hell of a threat at that, quite a few good chances. It's not "luck" when you beat a team that's working their ***** off.

Hoping the same thing, but really...open your eyes, man.

Also, sorry, but just for good measure....

Craaawwwwwwfoooooord!

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbleHeadNight*

This. A lot of zone time for the Wild, but not a lot of quality chances. Hawks sold out on D and Crow stood tall.

Hawks had their shots, but couldn't pot the insurance goal.

Nothingman*

Again, as always you show some ignorance. The Wild played damn well tonight. As is always, the way through the Hawks isn't to try and grind them into the boards. Ask the Blues how well that has worked against the Hawks.

That team did NOT "fall over" as you mentioned, from the start of the second to the end of the game they were a threat, and one hell of a threat at that, quite a few good chances. It's not "luck" when you beat a team that's working their ***** off.

Hoping the same thing, but really...open your eyes, man.

Also, sorry, but just for good measure....

Craaawwwwwwfoooooord!

Umm. Yeah.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Crawford will never get the respect he deserves. Yes he has a bit of an ego, and I do believe that is why he gets some hate.

He is not a big name, hes not flashy, but what makes him so good is his competitive nature. The guy is a battler and never gives up. He just wants to win and will do anything for his team to achieve that. This is a very valuable asset for any goalie to have.

A lot of past above goalies have had this quality before and it put them over the top.

Osgood
Vernon
Barasso
Burke

Not overly skilled goalies, but good overall, but its their attitude that made them winners.

BobbleHeadNight*

Even if the Wild or blues were facing the LA Kings, they would get smoked, probably even swept.

In the west, the ONLY team that is on the Hawks level is the Kings (ducks are close, but not there yet).

Ducks look really good so far. Kesler makes a big difference.

BobbleHeadNight*

I don't know how it ended up or what the individual numbers were, but late in the 3rd, the Hawks had a 37-21 advantage at the dot. That's huge.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Ducks look really good so far. Kesler makes a big difference.

For real. One more game to win before we can discuss it in full, but the Ducks have the potential to knock out the Hawks for sure.

Everyone wants to talk about playing big bodies that can hit and play physical against the Hawks. Hasn't worked for the Kings (when the Kings opened up and stopped trying to deck the Hawks they went up 3-1 last year), hasn't worked for the Blues.

What should worry the Hawks is big bodies that can play physical and can SCORE. The Ducks are probably the best team in the West now at grinding out goals, which could serve as a problem.

Like I said, gotta win one more game, but that could be a really great series.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Umm. Yeah.

They did, I'm not discrediting the Hawks effort either. I love seeing this team beat another team that's playing their hearts out. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that the Hawks beat a team that was playing a good game. You don't have a 1-0 game in the playoffs without both teams playing well.

Wild played a good game, I don't think anyone can discredit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad