GDT: CDF #1: St. Louis Blues @ Dallas Stars ★ 7 PM CST ★ NBCSN / CBC ★

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ritchie should be in. He's the thirteenth best forward on this roster, IMO.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Lines next game if eaves cant go?

Benn - eakin - sharp
Janmark -spezza-nichushkin
Rousell-faksa-hemsky
Moen-fiddler-scevior

K.i.s.s

My preference:

Benn - Eakin - Sharp
Janmark -Spezza-Dickinson
Rousell-Faksa-Hemsky
Ritchie-Fiddler-Sceviour

Scratches: Moen and Nichushkin

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I sincerely doubt they'd just throw Dickinson in for his second NHL game in the playoffs . If they have no other option yes but he's still a bit too green imho. Don't think he even had a practise with the big team as he was up on emergency basis and was sent back pretty fast again.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I thought Moen had a decent game, but the biggest thing he did was create a 4 on 4. If you take a selfish penalty with Steve Ott, you lose your "playoff veteran-ness" card and you sit in the pressbox. Obviously Eaves complicates things, but I'd go with Nichushkin and Dickinson/Ritchie for the next game.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I was working so wasn't able to catch this one. So happy with the win and hoping we can keep it going on Sunday!

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I'm missing something. Why is getting a 4 on 4 a bad thing?

The Stars can't handle it. Remember the 3 on 4 goal the Wild scored? We spent the first minute of this 4 on 4 chasing in our zone as well. It's been like that all season, and removing Seguin from our forward group makes it worse. We mostly avoided scrums in round one for this reason, at least I hope that's why.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
We have been outscored at 4 on 4 this year; -3 over the entire year, so Dallas is not great at it. And in general, it's just easier to score goals when there is more space on the ice. Playing in a more goal friendly situation is what you should look to avoid when you're in the lead.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Stars can't handle it. Remember the 3 on 4 goal the Wild scored? We spent the first minute of this 4 on 4 chasing in our zone as well. It's been like that all season, and removing Seguin from our forward group makes it worse. We mostly avoided scrums in round one for this reason, at least I hope that's why.

i think the guys avoided scrums because too often one team leaves them short handed. Coming out of one even strength isn't something that will get a guy punished.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
i think the guys avoided scrums because too often one team leaves them short handed. Coming out of one even strength isn't something that will get a guy punished.

All this challenging of my assumptions is scaring the crap out of me Troy :laugh:

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
To your point though, Roussel has been on his best behavior. Seeing him turn away from scrums and chatter is great. He being a pest by winning races and forechecking in a hurry.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Don't mind Moen, actually. We could use his toughness and chatter vs the likes of Ott.

Also, I think Johns might be our best defenseman right now.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
I seem to have noticed that when Dallas gets on a 4 on 4, or during the regular season overtime games, they got too relaxed. They have so much firepower that when the opposing team got the puck, Dallas' groupings didn't attack the man with the puck. They sat back too much and watched pass after pass after pass then shots. Once they got the puck back, they attacked, but sometimes it was too late. Regardless, Dallas' D really picked it up against the Blues, even outhit them.

Klingberg even rammed a couple players into the boards!

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I seem to have noticed that when Dallas gets on a 4 on 4, or during the regular season overtime games, they got too relaxed. They have so much firepower that when the opposing team got the puck, Dallas' groupings didn't attack the man with the puck. They sat back too much and watched pass after pass after pass then shots. Once they got the puck back, they attacked, but sometimes it was too late. Regardless, Dallas' D really picked it up against the Blues, even outhit them.

Klingberg even rammed a couple players into the boards!

It's like our 3 on 3 strategy in that way. The Wild fans during our games in the regular season were constantly complaining that their 3 on 3 strategy was the same as their 5 on 5. They rely on structure so much that it doesn't work 3 on 3 and they leave big gaps.

Maybe that's all nonsense, but if you think the team has a limited amount of time to practice and prepare for situations, now that OT is 3 on 3 a coach might neglect 4 on 4 completely or stretch the 3 on 3 set to fit 4 on 4.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Don't mind Moen, actually. We could use his toughness and chatter vs the likes of Ott.

Also, I think Johns might be our best defenseman right now.

Moens been fine, but I think I'd rather have Ritchie or McKenzie in that spot.

Johns looks better and better every game. He only played 13 mins though. Oduya played 17 and the other 4 played over 20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad