CCHL2 2015/16 Season

hockeyfan2014

Feb 17, 2013
you are right, it has happened in the past. now the problem is that there are two tams owned by millionaires and for them money is no object. It is virtually impossible to prove that a team is paying a player, but everyone knows it happens. from KA on down. 5k to 15k for some trades and "playing packages"

the only wrench in the works are the Royals. Owned by a local guy, NOT a millionaire. the coaching staff and especially HF their GM deserve tons of credit in finding the right players, convincing to play for them for free. would like to see them beat one of the millionaires.

Didn't Renfrew have a team a long time ago called the millionaires?

BTW, next year there will only be two 21 year olds per team. None after that.

With the new league fees, you will see this league going really young, except the two rich owners. Some teams can afford some money, but not like the big two. in the future you will see them in the finals most years, with an occasional Stittsville or OW there.

Too bad, the old league had great appeal to players 16-21, now they will be composed mainly of 17-18 year olds. I cannot imagine the average 19-20 year old paying 2500 for team fees, 750 for their card and 750 to 1500 for equipment package. mandatory new equipment each year for these guys mostly wanting to play out their hockey careers at a reasonable level.

stupid ****** killed a good league for this?

TradedTwice

Jul 16, 2014
you are right, it has happened in the past. now the problem is that there are two tams owned by millionaires and for them money is no object. It is virtually impossible to prove that a team is paying a player, but everyone knows it happens. from KA on down. 5k to 15k for some trades and "playing packages"

the only wrench in the works are the Royals. Owned by a local guy, NOT a millionaire. the coaching staff and especially HF their GM deserve tons of credit in finding the right players, convincing to play for them for free. would like to see them beat one of the millionaires.

Didn't Renfrew have a team a long time ago called the millionaires?

BTW, next year there will only be two 21 year olds per team. None after that.

With the new league fees, you will see this league going really young, except the two rich owners. Some teams can afford some money, but not like the big two. in the future you will see them in the finals most years, with an occasional Stittsville or OW there.

Too bad, the old league had great appeal to players 16-21, now they will be composed mainly of 17-18 year olds. I cannot imagine the average 19-20 year old paying 2500 for team fees, 750 for their card and 750 to 1500 for equipment package. mandatory new equipment each year for these guys mostly wanting to play out their hockey careers at a reasonable level.

stupid ****** killed a good league for this?
Most of this post is very true, however to say that Stittsville convinced players to play there, is a crock of s--t! They had two players in particular driving across the city based on what? A promise to play for free? I call BS on that one... At the start of the year when SK was still involved, this team revolved around charging players rates on a scale basis, which given the age of this two, would have at them paying at least 2k. To say that HF made good decisions when in charge is a farce, prime example is the Brazeau deal, he did not do his homework before pulling the trigger, thus Casselman had them over a barrel. It cost him 5 roster players for next year, made Casselman stronger and ultimately all they ended up with was cash from the team and player that ended their season.

The two teams that are in final are the perfect representatives for what this new league is all about... They all sat around tables last June and approved this change, now they are all crying saying the playing field isn't level because of money:dunce::dunce:

hockeyfan2014

Feb 17, 2013
Most of this post is very true, however to say that Stittsville convinced players to play there, is a crock of s--t! They had two players in particular driving across the city based on what? A promise to play for free? I call BS on that one... At the start of the year when SK was still involved, this team revolved around charging players rates on a scale basis, which given the age of this two, would have at them paying at least 2k. To say that HF made good decisions when in charge is a farce, prime example is the Brazeau deal, he did not do his homework before pulling the trigger, thus Casselman had them over a barrel. It cost him 5 roster players for next year, made Casselman stronger and ultimately all they ended up with was cash from the team and player that ended their season.

The two teams that are in final are the perfect representatives for what this new league is all about... They all sat around tables last June and approved this change, now they are all crying saying the playing field isn't level because of money:dunce::dunce:

I do know for a fact that many players have not reported to Stittsville because they would not pay them. The young guys drive across the city because they would drive to the "ends of the earth" to play for anyone. The older guys drive because of their friends or they have played for a team for a while.

You should do you homework before commenting about teams. Regarding Brazeau, a deal was made knowing that he would not play there but would make a "good deal" for the right team. Guess what the "good deal " was. Lots of teams traded players for "futures" and this trade was one of them.

Deals are made for many reasons. If you do not understand the economics of the game or what the new rules will make the league look like next year and the year after, you may be ignorant of some key facts that all GM's make regarding trades. Get involved in the league to see exactly what happens, then feel free to comment.

As far as commenting on SK, when he first bought the team with that other guy, they started all of this "pay to play" system. Young guys paid north of 3K and the 21 year old guys paid nothing. Sounds like it was a good idea. Good enough for the CCHL to adopt, and even charge more. I had a kid that went through this team and in three years we paid 8k to play.

Instead of insulting someone like a six year old, you should do your homework and learn the truth on what happens in this league or you maybe the one wearing the cap.

ValleyDivisionFan

Jan 24, 2016
Casselman comes back from down 3-0 to win 4-3 and take a 2-1 series lead. They remain undefeated in regulation time at home.

Ducksflytogether

Apr 11, 2015
CCHL Midget Draft coming up, who are the best CCHL Prospects available? any predictions as to who will go when or where?

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
They are now up 3-1 with next game at home.I said they would win in 6 and I could be wrong as they could win this in 5 games.Like them or not they run a great organization there and good hockey players want to go there to play.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
They are now up 3-1 with next game at home.I said they would win in 6 and I could be wrong as they could win this in 5 games.Like them or not they run a great organization there and good hockey players want to go there to play.

Do they all pay $3000 to play there?

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
You must remember that some of these team raise their own money through different avenues.The Casselman organization will win allot more and they work hard to bring top players there and they do allot of scouting.Any League in sports will be with the Have's and the Have Not's.You can see this in Major Sports leagues also.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
You must remember that some of these team raise their own money through different avenues.The Casselman organization will win allot more and they work hard to bring top players there and they do allot of scouting.Any League in sports will be with the Have's and the Have Not's.You can see this in Major Sports leagues also.

Then why did they change it to a pay to play league? Some kids have to pay to play and some kids get paid to play.....

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
EOJHL was Pay to play for some players on some of the teams in the old league.In this league it is Pay to Play also but some teams that have the money and can help these players out I would imagine for the top players and some of the older players this practice it still done.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
EOJHL was Pay to play for some players on some of the teams in the old league.In this league it is Pay to Play also but some teams that have the money and can help these players out I would imagine for the top players and some of the older players this practice it still done.

I know in Brockville it was free until this year when the Braves owner bought the team and made them all pay...Most the kids quit and it hurt the Braves attendance this year.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Gratz

Congratulation to the Casselman Vikings on their Championship Win last night with a 8-2 win over Perth and win the series 4 games to 1.Well Done to both Teams who both had great seasons.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Was at the game. Would have been nice to sit down but the people seem to think they own sections of the seats and rope them off over an hour before puck drop. Grab an arena employee and they start speaking in French, and well, you know how that goes.

sawagohabs4ever

Nov 26, 2010
Was at the game. Would have been nice to sit down but the people seem to think they own sections of the seats and rope them off over an hour before puck drop. Grab an arena employee and they start speaking in French, and well, you know how that goes.

It was no different on Friday in Perth and if you had been there and grabbed an arena employee to complain, he or she would have told you, most likely in English, that that there was nothing they could or would do about it. This is the finals with 2 teams that work hard and yes, spend money to build winners so people want to show up and watch them play and they know from past experience the rink will fill up so they do what they have to do to ensure they get to enjoy the show.

This isn't a language issue and complaining that someone doesn't speak your first and only language when you don't speak theirs either is pretty ignorant.

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
point

your head

they assumed i didn't speak french, don't do the same.

it's a big deal when 3 people are roping off a section of 50 seats causing seniors to stand for an entire game. they want to save seats? charge them for the entire section.

Johnny 2K8

Oct 23, 2008
point

your head

they assumed i didn't speak french, don't do the same.

it's a big deal when 3 people are roping off a section of 50 seats causing seniors to stand for an entire game. they want to save seats? charge them for the entire section.

Not sure how this is a language issue... Makes no sense... Pretty much everyone is bilingual in Casselman anyway... No need for people like you on this board.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Good for Casselman but when the owner is paying the players big money it's no real surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad