CCHL2 2015/16 Season

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
But remember this that Casselman is not the only team doing this so do not even go there.Why not give them the Credit they deserve for all the hard work the Coaching staff and owners do every year and every season.Give their Volunteers allot of Credit also.These young men want to play where they know they can win and progress in their Hockey Skills.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
But remember this that Casselman is not the only team doing this so do not even go there.Why not give them the Credit they deserve for all the hard work the Coaching staff and owners do every year and every season.Give their Volunteers allot of Credit also.These young men want to play where they know they can win and progress in their Hockey Skills.

At the end of the day, take away their money and take away their success.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013

I agree they have a good CCHL2 team and have for a few years, but I doubt the 21 year olds from Jr A or NCAA are there to progress in their hockey skills.

cp57

Apr 13, 2016
Tikis paid in he past. Generally overagers did not. This year was a big increase.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
Rink rumour during league finals from excellent sources have CCHL offering/ wanting Perth and Casselman to acquire CCHL franchises which would have both leagues at 14 ....teams from both leagues could then partner up ....also no 16 year olds in CCHL2 next year.... Two 21 twenty one year olds next year and then 21 year olds gone.....heard a franchise price and it seemed completely ridiculous...

Last edited:

Bossman

Oct 1, 2015
Rink rumour during league finals from excellent sources have CCHL offering/ wanting Perth and Casselman to acquire CCHL franchises which would have both leagues at 14 ....teams from both leagues could then partner up ....also no 16 year olds in CCHL2 next year.... Two 21 twenty one year olds next year and then 21 year olds gone.....heard a franchise price and it seemed completely ridiculous...

They will never take out the 16 yr old option. Not all kids can afford U 18. You are correct about the year 21yr olds but the 14 and 14 is way off.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
They will never take out the 16 yr old option. Not all kids can afford U 18. You are correct about the year 21yr olds but the 14 and 14 is way off.

Well time will tell on the 16 year olds .....as for PBW and Casselman....this wasn't idle talk by a few fans...maybe coach Clark will comment on this ...he seems to be very straight forward and honest....come on JC help us out here.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
I agree they have a good CCHL2 team and have for a few years, but I doubt the 21 year olds from Jr A or NCAA are there to progress in their hockey skills.

Once the league votes to change some things you won't see guys with lots of Jr.A experience even being allowed to play in CCHL2 let alone players coming down from NCAA or CHL. Times they are a changing. CCHL2 may actually develop some parity! It is a development league after all.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Well time will tell on the 16 year olds .....as for PBW and Casselman....this wasn't idle talk by a few fans...maybe coach Clark will comment on this ...he seems to be very straight forward and honest....come on JC help us out here.

Jra constitution caps our league at 12 teams..
There has been no vote to change our Constitution.
Would be nice though to have Kingston Wellington Trenton cobourg in our league.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013

Thanx coach ..so no vote ...what about discussion on the topic? .......vote to change constitution can always happen....those teams u mentioned would be good ...but sounds like Perth and Casselman have been approached...comment!!!...no 16 year olds next year in CCHL2....your thoughts on that change...always value your honest comments....Rumours or do these points have substance to them.?Hey up 2-0 not over but great start to the series ...very entertaining hockey to watch.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011

You might not need to change the constitution, just call it a 3 year pilot ;)

thehoodie

Jan 22, 2015

Rather than add teams, wouldn't it be more logical to relocate teams... could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
Casselman purchase Gloucester
Perth purchase Kanata.

get two brutal league embarrassments out of the picture and add 2 towns that truly deserve jrA.

just my thought

Clarke74

May 7, 2015
Thanx coach ..so no vote ...what about discussion on the topic? .......vote to change constitution can always happen....those teams u mentioned would be good ...but sounds like Perth and Casselman have been approached...comment!!!...no 16 year olds next year in CCHL2....your thoughts on that change...always value your honest comments....Rumours or do these points have substance to them.?Hey up 2-0 not over but great start to the series ...very entertaining hockey to watch.

No substance to any of this

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Rather than add teams, wouldn't it be more logical to relocate teams... could kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
Casselman purchase Gloucester
Perth purchase Kanata.

get two brutal league embarrassments out of the picture and add 2 towns that truly deserve jrA.

just my thought

You can't force teams to move.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
No substance to any of this

Any substance to this coach ? ....An HEO drafted 16 year old drafted or protected by a CCHL team ...doesn't make team .....he will not be signed by a CCHL2 team ....As powers to be want this player playing U 18..... Pretty good source on this one as well.

Clarke74

May 7, 2015

Any substance to this coach ? ....An HEO drafted 16 year old drafted or protected by a CCHL team ...doesn't make team .....he will not be signed by a CCHL2 team ....As powers to be want this player playing U 18..... Pretty good source on this one as well.

Im lost?

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013

Sorry I will attempt to explain. CCHL2 teams have been told not to sign a 16 year old from HEO who has been drafted or protected by a CCHL1 team ...undrafted or unprotected 16 year olds from HEO can be signed by CCHL2 teams .....16 year olds from outside HEO ( example Kingston ) can be signed by CCHL2 teams ....CCHL1 is basically dictating to CCHL2 what 16 year olds that can be signed....obviously the idea is to have protected drafted HEO 16 year olds play U18......hope that clarifies it for you....Comments?
Example ...Ryan Bangs who is a HEO 16 year old protected /drafted player ....should he not play in the O and not make the CP Kings ...can Bangs sign and play with the PBW if he so desired or his only option in the area would be U18 or minor hockey ?
Congrats on the big win last nite.

Last edited:

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Sorry I will attempt to explain. CCHL2 teams have been told not to sign a 16 year old from HEO who has been drafted or protected by a CCHL1 team ...undrafted or unprotected 16 year olds from HEO can be signed by CCHL2 teams .....16 year olds from outside HEO ( example Kingston ) can be signed by CCHL2 teams ....CCHL1 is basically dictating to CCHL2 what 16 year olds that can be signed....obviously the idea is to have protected drafted HEO 16 year olds play U18......hope that clarifies it for you....Comments?

I didn't think 16 year old's could play Jr anywhere outside of their branch other than Major Jr ??

I also think most people involved in CCHL and U18 believe that U18 is better development for a 16 year old than CCHL2. So why not tell them where they should play.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
I didn't think 16 year old's could play Jr anywhere outside of their branch other than Major Jr ??

I also think most people involved in CCHL and U18 believe that U18 is better development for a 16 year old than CCHL2. So why not tell them where they should play.

Telling them where they SHOULD play is fine .....but that's not the point here....don't forget CCHL2 is marketed as a development league ......Cost to the player/ parent. is also a factor...

upinarms

Jul 16, 2010

16 yr old played in Westport. Out of branch, although Westport was probably closest option. In a situation like this it was probably OK'd by both branches. And so it should be. My thoughts are if a 16 yr old is good enough to play JR B then let him play. If a 16 yr old is one of last cuts from JR A, why wouldn't a JR B team take him. Forcing him to play U18 is not developing him, it is holding him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad