CCHL2 2015/16 Season

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Wow you have to be some kind of in depth professor to figure that all out.It is still unreal to me that a league of 16 teams and 10 of them make the playoffs.

highwayman

Aug 4, 2015
Not really... Top 3 from each division and the next 4 best point totals for the wild card play in.

10 of 16 teams advance to the playoff round is quite reasonable to me, better than having all make it. I like this system considering the first round is a short one.

Does anyone have updates on the situation with Prescott staying or leaving, are the Royals staying put or leaving for Richmond. Are the junior Canadians in crises mode or going through a tough period? Any other possible changes in store forthrleague next year?

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
one word PRIDE and the Coaches are guilty as well as they should have played their 3rd and 4th lines allot.

I got another word for ya, Pointstreak. Ever since it came around players care way to much about stats, because you know the scouts are looking that them right !

HEOScout

Jan 31, 2016
What do you guys think about Charlans power play?

After starting the season with 11 straight losses they still manage to be ranked 3rd in the league for power play percentage at 28.89% behind Perth and Casselemen.

They're line-up is incredible.

Andrew Ming: Started the year in the OHL and is a solid defence on this power play.

Hope: He is obviously one of the best players in the league and has the stats to show it.

Mathiew Gregoire: Is having an impressive season with 30 goals and 26 assists in 39 games.

Quinn MacDonell: Also having a great year with 21 goals and 35 assists in 36 games.

Phillip Veilleux: Obviously one of the best prospects in the league; 98' with 22 goals and 23 assists in 38 games.

Veilleux, Hope and Gregoire all rank in the top 3 for power play goals.

What are your thoughts about the Rebels chances moving onto playoffs? (Since Winchester lost tonight, if the Rebels close out the year with 2 wins against Stitsville and Alexanndria they move on)

And finally,
What are your thoughts about Veilleux's season and his future as he was drafted by the Cornwall Colts?

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
one word PRIDE and the Coaches are guilty as well as they should have played their 3rd and 4th lines allot.

This isn't minor hockey, you don't have to be "nice" to your opponent. Perth's two top scorers had 4 pts each. I wouldn't call it running up the score. Arnprior clearly didn't feel like playing that day. Just because one team quits so to speak, doesn't mean the other team has to play down to their level so they aren't insulted or upset. If you don't like getting beat by 15 goals just try harder. No reason for any team in this league to allow that to happen to themselves.

I played 15 years ago, remember getting beat by Perth and Arnprior both one year by scores of 14-1.

Also remember winning a few games by 8 or 9. Sometimes the puck just goes in.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007

I myself am from the Arnprior area and all I can say is, if you don't want to get beaten that bad then block a shot, play some defense, have some structure. Perth shouldn't have to quit playing their game just because their opponent is dragging their ass and being undisciplined. Arnprior was on home ice and embarrassed themselves, they deserved that result. Felt bad for their goaltenders as everyone else just sort of stood around and watched Perth handle the puck all game.

They did play their 3rd/4th lines, the thing is, their 3rd/4th lines are at the same level as most teams 1st/2nd lines.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
I do not care how you try to spin this it is just wrong and yes I played sports all my life and when I was in a game that was getting out of hand I ask my coach to take me out and play someone that has not played allot.You do not run up a score and that is what took place here.

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
I do not care how you try to spin this it is just wrong and yes I played sports all my life and when I was in a game that was getting out of hand I ask my coach to take me out and play someone that has not played allot.You do not run up a score and that is what took place here.

If you read the comment from the Arnprior resident who witnessed the game, he stated that Perth did play those 3rd/4th lines. What else is the coach to do? put 4 players on the ice?

These kids are all big boys, if you don't like, do something about it. Arnprior is not a team of rookies, if that was the case I would see your point.

SensHero

Jul 19, 2010
Ottawa
You never will see my point or understand it.

I'm trying, but you haven't made a point yet so it's difficult.

I understand you don't think they should "run" up the score in your mind, but you haven't said why you feel that way. But if you weren't there to see how the game unfolded, how can you say they ran up the score or blame the coaches of Perth for the outcome.

Maple Leaf Forever

Sep 9, 2013
You never will see my point or understand it.

If you look at the box score from that PBW/ Arnprior game you will see 15 out of 18 Perth skaters recorded points ...and the top pointer getter was a defenseman....looks like to me everyone played....Looks like your Winchester team has been on the short end of some big scores.

HawksFanForever

Feb 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Yes they have and this league is not going to be any Better than the EOJHL was.It is going to cost these young men more and the fans are not coming out either because they are upset and they are not stupid to see the writing on the wall.

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014

I myself am from the Arnprior area and all I can say is, if you don't want to get beaten that bad then block a shot, play some defense, have some structure. Perth shouldn't have to quit playing their game just because their opponent is dragging their ass and being undisciplined. Arnprior was on home ice and embarrassed themselves, they deserved that result. Felt bad for their goaltenders as everyone else just sort of stood around and watched Perth handle the puck all game.

They did play their 3rd/4th lines, the thing is, their 3rd/4th lines are at the same level as most teams 1st/2nd lines.

Generally when teams shut down and quit trying there are other reasons. Most of the time pride and not wanting to be embarassed will keep the game and the score with in reason.

fred

Sep 12, 2015
Jr B always had an identity crisis. They could not decide if they were a development league for young, CJHL destined players, or an extension league for guys finishing their career. So, they tried to be both and it varied from club to club.

They have now moved on and are clearly becoming the development league. Those of us who enjoyed watching Jr B hockey need to move on to something else....

What I truly mean is how can teams take players that did not make a Midget team. Seems strange to me.

TheLastShift

Canada
Nov 14, 2007
What I truly mean is how can teams take players that did not make a Midget team. Seems strange to me.

Year 1 of a new league. Let not only the players, but let the league and the teams develop. Big learning curve this season for a lot of owners and team managers. If teams want to build a good program they need to put the work in. Hopefully some eyes are being opened.

Bobby Clarke

Sep 11, 2014

Year 1 of a new league. Let not only the players, but let the league and the teams develop. Big learning curve this season for a lot of owners and team managers. If teams want to build a good program they need to put the work in. Hopefully some eyes are being opened.

If you want to build a good program, you will be constantly be in the lower half of the standings. If you want to win, the owner with the deepest pockets will come out on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad