GDT: CBJ vs Carolina or Jarmo vs. the Finn who got away 2-7-21

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t see many people (anymore) claiming Foudy is going to much offensively. His game is definitely NHL ready, he’s just not going to do anything offensively. I don’t have an issue with him playing
From what I’ve seen of him (admittedly I haven’t watched a ton of games this year) his hands and brain haven’t yet caught up to his feet. But he’s still super young.
He’s a rookie .. on a team with pretty bad offensive system . The more he plays , the faster the game slows down for him . He will be fine

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Many on this Board rave about Foudy but I don’t see it. Yeah, he’s fast but so is Apollo Ohno but that doesn’t make him a hockey player. Might Foudy grow into a role? Maybe. But right now he’s overmatched with hands and stick that are AHL material. Play him there until he seasons his game.
Agreed. Give him top line minutes in Cleveland to develop his game.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
He’s a rookie .. on a team with pretty bad offensive system . The more he plays , the faster the game slows down for him . He will be fine
That too. Like I said he’s still so young. I wouldn’t be too concerned about him when there’s so many other things to be concerned about.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Domi allowed the bluejackets to be able to absolutely fleece the Jets . PLD is not remotely in the same stratosphere as Laine . If I’m Jarmo I look at moving Werenski for an elite offensive player that can carry the puck and open things up . Also, Peeke needs to play tommorrow

As a Finn I stay outside of that claim but Jarmo needs to find another high end forward to make them a contender.

Or really see a guy like Texier/Roslo explode

Get Bengt

Forging a Stanley Cup champ 1 whiny post at a time
Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
Hey folks- new Jackets fan, reporting for duty.

I came with the Laine trade. He was the reason I watched the Jets- so he’ll be the reason I watch the Jackets.

One recommendation, off the bat: if you want to see which corners his goals actually pick, your sports channels’ cameras are gonna need to upgrade their FPS...

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Hey folks- new Jackets fan, reporting for duty.

I came with the Laine trade. He was the reason I watched the Jets- so he’ll be the reason I watch the Jackets.

One recommendation, off the bat: if you want to see which corners his goals actually pick, your sports channels’ cameras are gonna need to upgrade their FPS...
Welcome to Jackets Land! Where dreams are crushed and spirits are broken. :D

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks ...pro hockey scout and future teller :thumbu:

I mean you literally copy and paste the same anti-Torts stuff every thread so doesn’t everyone in here pretend to be hockey geniuses.

I’ll save my post. Let’s see how it looks in 2-3 years.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ironic that you’re upside number may be less what i might have posted. :nod:

I was being nice. I actually think it’s lower but maybe with really good luck and good linemates he can hit a 10 goal 20 assist season or something

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I wonder how the league explained it... . I see it this way, at most it admits a mistake but did nothing with the result.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I guess this works for those who beamoaned the loss of the human element to calling a game when they instituted replay.

I’ve never understood the concept of having the refs/linesman do the reviews right there in the ice/field, replaying the calls they themselves just made.

It was bad enough with the stupid box thing the NFL had, but at least that did something to minimize the effect on their concentration or judgement, and I’m sure there was a decent screen in there.

Instead, the NHL has their ignorant refs or linesman on the ice with a tiny f***ing tablet going over f***ing replays coming in from Fox!! What’s “Toronto” or the “war room”, even for?!?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I’ve never understood the concept of having the refs/linesman do the reviews right there in the ice/field, replaying the calls they themselves just made.

It was bad enough with the stupid box thing the NFL had, but at least that did something to minimize the effect on their concentration or judgement, and I’m sure there was a decent screen in there.

Instead, the NHL has their ignorant refs or linesman on the ice with a tiny f***ing tablet going over f***ing replays coming in from Fox!! What’s “Toronto” or the “war room”, even for?!?
At least its better than what they do in Cleveland. The refs literally have to go through the penalty box, climb over the separator into the scorers table to watch the tablet they have in there. Its ridiculous.

Get Bengt

Forging a Stanley Cup champ 1 whiny post at a time
Mar 31, 2018
Winnipeg
My two cents re: flubbed video review:

1. Yes, the league messed up in the 2nd period. Spectacularly. Whatever went wrong needs to be fixed. ASAP. And the fans need to SEE both the problem and the fix - in detail - so that confidence in the review process can be restored.

2. No, the league did not make it worse in the 3rd. IMO, it was a pretty stand-up act to waive the time remaining in the DoG penalty. They could have done nothing at all - effectively circling their wagons around the error, in hopes of hiding it. Instead, they admitted the error, and gave the Jackets as much justice as the rules allowed. (You can’t change a call after video review; think of the chaos that would ensue if the video review ruling weren’t truly final.)

I’d go as far as to say that anyone who was ticked off by 2. is really just ticked off by 1.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Just ugly......
B5CC3421-BB8F-4438-BBAA-C6EFB0644B48.png

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Jesus....this is just bush league level shit.

Probably couldn’t hear the mumbling correctly due to the mask the video ref was wearing..

Stuff happens. That was a complete clustersuccess from the refs, though. Let’s just hope the team doesn’t miss playoffs by 1-2 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad