CBJ Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'd like to see some updated weights. I know Jiricek said he put on 10 lbs of muscle. Wonder who else had some gains.
Mateychuk also said he was up around 200lbs, Svozil I think was up there too. So the young guys as expected made big progress. Im curious of what Johnson was able to accomplish this summer

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm interested to hear Vincent's thoughts. I believe he was part of the Laine at C experiment last year - is he open to it again? Does he share Babcock's thinking of having two 200 ft players / centers on each line?

I think it could go something like...

Gaudreau - Fantilli - Laine -> if only because putting Jenner at C here means Fantilli would be centering, most likely, Johnson and Marchenko. Two young guys.
Johnson - Jenner - Marchenko
A - B - C
D - Kuraly - E

A - most likely Texier, but you could slide Sillinger or Voronkov to this spot.
B - Roslovic (if he's still a center), Sillinger, or Voronkov, and I guess an outside chance for a guy like McKown or Danforth
C - Chinakhov vs Bemstrom, most likely, but could go with Danforth or even someone like Foudy or Roslovic or maybe Dumais if he really impresses
D - most likely E Robinson, but I suppose nothing is set in stone here, Foudy was coming on strong at the end last season
E - Olivier, but could also see Danforth get some run here, too

Werenski - F
Provorov - G
H - Gudbranson

F&G - you figure most likely is Severson and Boqvist, but certainly Jiricek could earn one of those spots and bump Boqvist down to the 3rd pair
H - maybe Boqvist, Bean, Blankenburg, Peeke, Svozil, Mateychuk, I guess maybe Berni?

As we've said for awhile now, they have about 2-3 excess forwards, and if Mateychuk and Svozil continue to impress about 2-3 excess D.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I don't know this one, what's the story?
It goes back to train travel days. Berth one in the sleeping car was the best, so it went to your starting goaltender (backup tendy got 29, 30, 31, etc). The earliest jersey numbers were usually just where the player fell on the roster list, and defensemen were always listed before forwards. That's why so many retired numbers for Original 6 teams are all low numbers, look at Montreal for example. The convention stuck.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Going to paint outside of the lines a little, mostly as a thought exercise to show just how "out there" the lineup changes could be.

Gaudreau-Jenner-Danforth
Johnson-Fantilli-Laine
Chinakhov-Voronkov-Marchenko
Texier-Kuraly-Dumais (plan for 9 GP intially, kept around due to injuries + holding his own, eventual Danforth/Dumais line swap)

Roslovic and Bemstrom traded, Sillinger starts in AHL, the rest of the bubble forwards are depth guys

Werenski-Severson
Provorov-Peeke
Mateychuk-Blankenburg

Jiricek starts in AHL, Boqvist traded and Gudbranson HS

----------Fantilli
Laine-Gaudreau-Johnson
----------Severson

Fantilli LH faceoffs, Laine RH faceoffs

----------Jenner
Dumais-Marchenko-Chinakhov
----------Werenski

Reactions: majormajor

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020

Omfg Tarasov

per portzline, both tarasov and marchenko are basically fine + would be available if the season started tomorrow

olivier had a broken bone in his leg at the end of last year and had a setback in recovery but the team knew he wouldn't be ready

bean's injury is apparently long-term (hoping it's an injury injury and not a cover for, uh, something else)

Reactions: Monk and LJ7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad