Rumor: CBJ talking to multiple teams regarding Gus Nyquist

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not that it’s surprising in any way, but here it is. Which teams might be interested in his services? I guess a couple of mid picks will be sufficient or a late 1st if we retain

Last edited:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Is CBJ willing to take contracts back at this point?

Like would Nyquist at $3mil for Kapanen + 2nd work?

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
For Edmonton he would be an improvement over Yamo or Pulju so that could be cool as long as Holland doesn't over pay with the added picks.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
3rd + Puljujarvi for Nyquist 50% retained sounds fair.

I’d prefer to go big game hunting but that just isn’t Holland’s style sadly. I could see Nyquist meshing well with Draisaitl.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I feel like Nyquist will be a shrewd add for any contender. He wasn’t lights out or anything with the Sharks in his run there, but he’s the kind of utility forward that wins a cup like Vermette / Peverly.

Could see him going to Dallas or Toronto and being a big impact guy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't see the Oiler betting their draft collateral on a small, soft skill player. Nyquist also hasn't lit it up in the playoffs where his regular season .60 points per game drops to .30.

Nyquist? He's about as small and soft as Zach Hyman. Very strong on the puck.

He played through a torn labrum on his two longest playoff runs.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Nyquist? He's about as small and soft as Zach Hyman. Very strong on the puck.

He played through a torn labrum on his two longest playoff runs.
Oilers don't need an expensive thirty something. They'll use their draft collateral for a defensive upgrade and maybe pick away at secondary scoring... maybe. Need to continue to support their high skill with defined role players with heavy, aggressive style of play.

I don't mind Nyquist. Not a primary fit/need and Oil won't blow out high picks (2 and 3) to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad