Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Andrew Bodnarchuk/Jaime Siefers/Brett Gallant/John Ramage

KlichkoBro*

Bodnarchuk is another guy of Ukrainian descent. I think the Jackets didn't have any since Zherdev was traded. If I was paranoid I would have thought that Yevenko and Bodnarchuk signings are somehow connected to my registration on the boards.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I come in peace to comment on your signing of Brett Gallant. I think you guys are going to love Brett. He is one of the best fighters in professional hockey regardless of size. Go search up his fights on YOUTUBE. He is a beast. I am very disappointed that the Islanders did not bring him back as I think he is a great minor league guy who can stand up for your prospects...and might get an occasional game at the NHL-level. He is fairly small...but, I'm telling you, pound for pound, he might be the toughest fighter in either the AHL or NHL. He is dominant and really knows how to throw them. Good luck this season (except when you play us!). :laugh:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Speaking of twitter, Bods is a must follow. Dude's hilarious. Follow @hali_bods

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
Goloubef was a +12 in 36 games for Columbus last year and just signed a two-year contract. I seriously doubt that.

That a piece of the picture, he is a -minus player in the AHL amassing 52 points .
Playing with better talent in the NHL will only make a good player better.

This Bodnarchuk kid has put up close to 80 points with the monarchs as a shut down D with limited PP time and is over +plus 70 ,with his talent how good will he be playing with better talent I wonder.

I think he has the talent to grab a spot out of camp, LA was a tough team for any of the Monarchs to crack over the past three seasons

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That a piece of the picture, he is a -minus player in the AHL amassing 52 points .
Playing with better talent in the NHL will only make a good player better.

This Bodnarchuk kid has put up close to 80 points with the monarchs as a shut down D with limited PP time and is over +plus 70 ,with his talent how good will he be playing with better talent I wonder.

I think he has the talent to grab a spot out of camp, LA was a tough team for any of the Monarchs to crack over the past three seasons

If that was the case, why didn't all the "better" defensemen on the Columbus Blue Jackets have a better +/- than him.

Now, +/- doesn't mean everything, but I think it says a lot when a guy like Goloubef (or Dano) has that much better of a +/- than the other guys. Also, you made the claim that his +/- was only good because he was playing with better players. So, if that is the case, why aren't theirs better or at least as good as his? BTW, he was a +9 in the AHL in 2013-2014 and 2012-2013. So, for the last 3 years he has been a plus player in the AHL and NHL.

Goloubef = +12
Tyutin = +8
Connauton = +1
Murray = +1
Savard = +0
Wisniewski = -10
Johnson = -13
Prout = -14

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
If that was the case, why didn't all the "better" defensemen on the Columbus Blue Jackets have a better +/- than him.

Now, +/- doesn't mean everything, but I think it says a lot when a guy like Goloubef (or Dano) has that much better of a +/- than the other guys. Also, you made the claim that his +/- was only good because he was playing with better players. So, if that is the case, why aren't theirs better or at least as good as his? BTW, he was a +9 in the AHL in 2013-2014 and 2012-2013. So, for the last 3 years he has been a plus player in the AHL and NHL.

Goloubef = +12
Tyutin = +8
Connauton = +1
Murray = +1
Savard = +0
Wisniewski = -10
Johnson = -13
Prout = -14
never suggested he was not a good player,but throwing a single 36 game stat does not show the entire picture.
minutes played ,who he played against ,meaning the other teams top line loads of factors
to be honest I hope the both get a shot!
suggesting that Bodnarchuk earning a spot out of camp is a little premature
here is wishing all the players well!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
never suggested he was not a good player,but throwing a single 36 game stat does not show the entire picture.
minutes played ,who he played against ,meaning the other teams top line loads of factors
to be honest I hope the both get a shot!
suggesting that Bodnarchuk earning a spot out of camp is a little premature
here is wishing all the players well!

I agree, but you kind of did suggest that he wasn't good by saying he wouldn't beat out a guy that was just signed who has played 5 games in the NHL. BTW, Bodnarchuk was a minus player in the AHL before he joined Manchester. I am not sayng he isn't good, but Goloubef is younger, so if you compar them at the same ages, the comparison looks different than if you don't.

One player is on a one-way contract and one is on a two-way contract. One player has played, and played well, for Columbus and one player hasn't. I am pretty confident in who will make the Blue Jackets to start the season.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
I agree, but you kind of did suggest that he wasn't good by saying he wouldn't beat out a guy that was just signed who has played 5 games in the NHL. BTW, Bodnarchuk was a minus player in the AHL before he joined Manchester. I am not sayng he isn't good, but Goloubef is younger, so if you compar them at the same ages, the comparison looks different than if you don't.

One player is on a one-way contract and one is on a two-way contract. One player has played, and played well, for Columbus and one player hasn't. I am pretty confident in who will make the Blue Jackets to start the season.

well i agree that Goloubeuf will be one of the starting D
but i would not not count out Bodnarchuk ,He been with two top organizations both making serious cup runs during the time he played.

Have you watched him play against Springfield or any other teams?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
well i agree that Goloubeuf will be one of the starting D
but i would not not count out Bodnarchuk ,He been with two top organizations both making serious cup runs during the time he played.

Have you watched him play against Springfield or any other teams?

No, I have not. I just know who we have and it will be very hard for anyone on a two-way contract to make the team out of camp.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Just to give you a ration, what exactly is the time limit for combining or separating threads? :laugh:

What you want makes sense, so it won't happen. I was going to ask for it to get merged, since changing the title of the other thread didn't seem like a big deal, but there was no point in asking.

At any rate, he should help out our new affiliate so I'm pleased.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hey CBJ fans,

Ramage was a prospect we drafted in 2010. When he first turned pro two years ago he was pretty bad to the point where he got demoted to the ECHL. At the ECHL he went and won the Kelly Cup and really elevated his game. He spent last year as roughly our #2 or #3 Dman at the AHL level. He wasn't great or anything, but did take a huge stride in his overall play. In the last game of the season he was called up for an NHL cup of coffee and didn't look too out of place.

I would say right now he's a useful #8D who might make some legitimate progress next season.

As far as a scouting report:

He's basically a poor man's Kronwall. biggish and physical but not huge, not much offense to speak of. Decent hockey IQ being the son of former NHLer Rob Ramage but still has some things he needs to iron out in his game.

Upside? Probably not much more than a competent #6D at the NHL level which is probably why he didn't get qualified after his ELC was up as our AHL D depth is hitting a logjam of guys with more upside.

I wouldn't write him off completely though, if he makes a similar stride from 2015 to 2016 that he did from 2014 to 2015, he should be a good depth signing that can play some NHL minutes without being a liability.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Awful lot of damn moderators in here, which is weird, since it violates the rules of this forum, a forum which I know you all appreciate participating in.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 21s22 seconds ago
And more! #CBJ signs forward Brett Gallant to a two-year, two-way contract --> http://cbj.co/gallantsigned
I hate you guys for signing him, I know hockey fights aren't popular now but he might be the best in the bus. 6'0, 200 lbs and can beat up guys 6'5 240 with ease. Hell of a fighter. If you find entertainment in fights, you will like Gallant, and no, I don't think he plays one NHL game, more for Springfield fans.
By the way, is Brett Gallant any relation to Gerard?

I don't believe so.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
I come in peace to comment on your signing of Brett Gallant. I think you guys are going to love Brett. He is one of the best fighters in professional hockey regardless of size. Go search up his fights on YOUTUBE. He is a beast. I am very disappointed that the Islanders did not bring him back as I think he is a great minor league guy who can stand up for your prospects...and might get an occasional game at the NHL-level. He is fairly small...but, I'm telling you, pound for pound, he might be the toughest fighter in either the AHL or NHL. He is dominant and really knows how to throw them. Good luck this season (except when you play us!). :laugh:

Not to mention a great person to boot. He played his junior hockey here, and I have it on good authority (my own) that his fighting ability was second only to his fan interactions here in Saint John. There's a reason why he's among the most popular players in team history, even though there have been plenty of more talented players who passed through.

If you're looking for a character guy, you hit the nail on the head with this signing.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Not to mention a great person to boot. He played his junior hockey here, and I have it on good authority (my own) that his fighting ability was second only to his fan interactions here in Saint John. There's a reason why he's among the most popular players in team history, even though there have been plenty of more talented players who passed through.

If you're looking for a character guy, you hit the nail on the head with this signing.

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad