Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign Andrew Bodnarchuk/Jaime Siefers/Brett Gallant/John Ramage

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 26s27 seconds ago
#CBJ have signed defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk (@hali_bods) to a one-year, two-way deal --> http://cbj.co/bodnarchuk

more depth for Cleveland

Is there room for more? I am sure there is, or they wouldn't have signed him, but seems like we already have a lot of defensemen there.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
andrew-bodnarchuk-stanley-cup-1000pucks.jpg

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Followed him ever since I drafted him in a sim league.

Small, fiesty, can move the puck. If he was 6'2'', would probably be a regular.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ sign D - Jaime Sifers 2 yr 2 way deal

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 14s15 seconds ago
#CBJ has signed defenseman Jaime Sifers to a two-year, two-way contract --> http://cbj.co/siferssigned

still more depth for LEM

Alison
‏@AlisonL
Last year Sifers had 3 goals, 19 assists, 82 PIM with the Springfield Falcons #CBJ

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ sign F - Brett Gallant 2 yr 2 way deal

NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 21s22 seconds ago
And more! #CBJ signs forward Brett Gallant to a two-year, two-way contract --> http://cbj.co/gallantsigned

Gallant, 26, has registered six goals and six assists for 12 points with 862 penalty minutes in 188 career American Hockey League games, primarily with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. He also appeared in four NHL games with the New York Islanders during the 2013-14 season, averaging 6:53 time on ice per game and collecting 17 penalty minutes.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
He should get a shot at your bottom pairing at some point. He's been stuck behind a logjam in Boston and then in LA. Skates well, hits, moves the puck well. If he was a little taller he'd be in the league for a few years already.

I've known him since I was about 7 or 8 years old and he's one heck of a guy with excellent work ethic from a great family. He deserves his shot.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
He should get a shot at your bottom pairing at some point. He's been stuck behind a logjam in Boston and then in LA. Skates well, hits, moves the puck well. If he was a little taller he'd be in the league for a few years already.

I've known him since I was about 7 or 8 years old and he's one heck of a guy with excellent work ethic from a great family. He deserves his shot.

I'd be surprised if he does. He will have a tough time beating out our younger guys, but you never know.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Sad to see Bods move on. I covered the Manchester Monarchs the past two years, and Bods was one of the greatest guys down there. First off, he is a great player. I think he has the potential to be a #6/7 guy in the NHL. As an AHLer, he's top notch. Great leader, gritty as all hell, will defend teammates, but isn't a fighter, plays bigger than his size, battles, again a great leader, smooth skater, decent shot. Just don't let him be the DJ in the room. Dude likes Taylor Swift...

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Don't listen to CNS!!! He's a rebel spy! Bods is absolutely terrible! Just awful. What you should do is immediately cut him & send him back to us. :naughty: :D

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Over/under on number of Portzline articles/twitter tangents about Gallant throughout the upcoming season: 15.

burnstick

Jan 7, 2015
Is there room for more? I am sure there is, or they wouldn't have signed him, but seems like we already have a lot of defensemen there.

This kid can play way bigger than his size not if you have seen him play
looked at his stats very impressive!

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'd be surprised if he does. He will have a tough time beating out our younger guys, but you never know.

Looks like your top 5 or 6 is relatively set but I have no doubts he can impress enough to make it out of camp as the 7th guy by supplanting Goloubeuf and/or Falk. Plus, there will be injuries and he could get his shot that way.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Looks like your top 5 or 6 is relatively set but I have no doubts he can impress enough to make it out of camp as the 7th guy by supplanting Goloubeuf and/or Falk. Plus, there will be injuries and he could get his shot that way.

Goloubef was a +12 in 36 games for Columbus last year and just signed a two-year contract. I seriously doubt that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad