Rumor: CBJ scouting Boston

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
So if it's Eriksson, what would we offer? I have no clue. I'm terrible with proposals. Atkinson + Rychel + draft pick?

i do remember whispers about JJ to Boston at last year's trade deadline.

I think Atkinson for Eriksson straight up is fairly close value. We probably add a little but not Rychel. Their production has been very similar the last three years. Cam is much younger and provides cap relief while Eriksson is more established, but at the tail end of his prime, and has had a few 60-70 point seasons.

I think the connections would at least make sense... Cam goes back to Boston... Eriksson seems like a Jarmo guy... The only thing is I think the deal would be bigger, since we've recently added so many players, I could see us unloading a little depth.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Marchand and Lucic are the guys you hate to play against. Not the guys you hate to have on your team. I'd love 'em.

Exactly, I would drive to Boston and pick up Lucic myself and bring him back here if we didn't give up a big player in return. That being said, I hope Prout knocks his teeth out Saturday

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I do like Lucic as one of those "love to have hate to play against" guys. But he's taken a severe step back this year and he's got a big price tag.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
First second I heard about this my first thought was: Cam in a package deal for (who knows).

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
It would be a lateral move but Atkinson for Smith?

Lets say it's Lucic. Can Prout and Lucic co exist? He has a modified NTC, would he refused to waive to come to Columbus as long as Prout is here? Some players can forgive and forget(Peca/Tucker with the Leafs) but this incident happened recently and Lucic seems like someone who holds a grudge.

Last edited:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
For all the hand wringing over letting MacKenzie go, I'm surprised everyone wants to see Atkinson moved. He's a very popular player in the dressing room and it could hurt chemistry.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't see anything happening here. Unless...they take back Horton. :naughty:

I agree. What they need - a scoring RW to play with Lucic-Krejci - ain't coming from the Jackets who don't exactly have a surplus of such players. As matter of fact the Jackets are at least one short in that department (scoring RW) themselves.

Last edited:

member 96824

I agree. What they need - a scoring RW to play with Lucic-Bergeron - ain't coming from the Jackets who don't exactly have a surplus of such players. As matter of fact the Jackets are at least one short in that department (scoring RW) themselves.

Lucic-Krejci.

Lucic hasn't played with Bergeron maybe ever to be honest. A lot of B's fans frustrated that Julien won't try Eriksson there. It seems to make a lot of sense.

Anyways, definitely curious to find out what some of the rumbles are.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Lucic-Krejci.

Lucic hasn't played with Bergeron maybe ever to be honest. A lot of B's fans frustrated that Julien won't try Eriksson there. It seems to make a lot of sense.

Anyways, definitely curious to find out what some of the rumbles are.

Don't confuse me wit the facts. :laugh:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
not real interested in anything they might have to offer aside from maybe Marchand but we aren't exactly in dire need for left wings

I would prefer an upgrade there seeing as Calvert is 2LW and Morin is 3LW. EDIT: nevermind. Forgot Hartnell is due back soon.

Wonder if Jarmo and co. aren't just looking around at teams up against the cap. Murray comes back and Goloubef becomes D #9, Leopold/Prout would become D #7 and 8. So maybe they're looking to move a defenseman? Who knows.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I would prefer an upgrade there seeing as Calvert is 2LW and Morin is 3LW. EDIT: nevermind. Forgot Hartnell is due back soon.

Wonder if Jarmo and co. aren't just looking around at teams up against the cap. Murray comes back and Goloubef becomes D #9, Leopold/Prout would become D #7 and 8. So maybe they're looking to move a defenseman? Who knows.
And Foligno/Jenner play there when they aren't playing center, so that's why I didn't really see a pressing need at LW

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think maybe Hartnell Faligno or Jenner ...lucic krejic Hartnell makes sense for bos

The only way I see Foligno or Jenner moving is if they don't think they can re-sign Foligno.

Jenner is going no where.....he is going to be an all star for many years IMO

If they don't think they can re-sign Foligno, his trade value has never been higher....I would hate it, but if he's leaving after the year, better to get something for him now.

disclaimer......I have no idea how the talks are going for the Jackets to re-sign Foligno...hopefully he has a different agent than Joey

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
So if it's Eriksson, what would we offer? I have no clue. I'm terrible with proposals. Atkinson + Rychel + draft pick?

i do remember whispers about JJ to Boston at last year's trade deadline.

Are you crazy? I'd love to have Erikkson, but damn...

I wouldn't really want to give up Cam, I still think Cam has more to offer us than what he's shown. Yeah, he's streaky, but when he scores, he scores in bunches. As for Rychel, he's one of our best prospects. 'Nuff said. Similar player to Boone. Can't have too many of those...

I'm interested in Soderberg, Erikkson, Smith or Svedberg ( depending on the price )

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Are you crazy? I'd love to have Erikkson, but damn...

I wouldn't really want to give up Cam, I still think Cam has more to offer us than what he's shown. Yeah, he's streaky, but when he scores, he scores in bunches. As for Rychel, he's one of our best prospects. 'Nuff said. Similar player to Boone. Can't have too many of those...

I'm interested in Soderberg, Erikkson, Smith or Svedberg ( depending on the price )

So you want guys but don't want to give anybody of value up. Got it. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad