Prospect Info: CBJ Prospect Thread XI

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021

Marchenko in the first line with strong partners:

Marchenko -- Vey -- Burdasov

Posts like this remind me that I have DuoLingo on my phone anyway. How hard can Russian be? And I don't really need to sleep *every* night, right?

Thanks to all of our not-so-local posters!

Reactions: koteka

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Posts like this remind me that I have DuoLingo on my phone anyway. How hard can Russian be? And I don't really need to sleep *every* night, right?

Slovak is a Slavic language like Russian. So it`s very easy for me. But for you.. I think difficult enough. I don`t know if it`s right but Russian (like other Slavic languages) is widely believed to be one of the most difficult languages to learn.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Nothing is harder that Navajo. That is what DuoLingo taught me. No wonder those Code Talkers were so successful. Using a language I’ll never comprehend, and then talking in code. Brilliant.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting to see Malatesta getting majority of votes by such a large margin. Svozil must be playing in top D pair and PP1 in Regina, often in the same unit with Bedard 5vs5 too, right? If people predict Malatesta is going to outscore him in points, what kind of numbers we're thinking for both?

Yeah I would vote Svozil. Should be around a point-per-game, maybe more. But Malatesta is also a good bet for point-per-game. I'll bet on 75 points for both.

Reactions: thebus88

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Yeah I would vote Svozil. Should be around a point-per-game, maybe more. But Malatesta is also a good bet for point-per-game. I'll bet on 75 points for both.
Main problem for me to give predictions is that I don't know much about the teams and the level of competition in their respective leagues. But I agree it should be close to PPG for Svozil, at least 50 points if he plays a full season. His D partner in the first game, Evans, is a year older and seems to be offensively gifted based on highlights. I wonder if either one of them is going to take more of a offensive role of the two when they're on ice while the other is taking care of defensive responsibilities, and if a role split like that is going to slow him down offensively...

CBJProspects

Aug 14, 2021
Main problem for me to give predictions is that I don't know much about the teams and the level of competition in their respective leagues. But I agree it should be close to PPG for Svozil, at least 50 points if he plays a full season. His D partner in the first game, Evans, is a year older and seems to be offensively gifted based on highlights. I wonder if either one of them is going to take more of a offensive role of the two when they're on ice while the other is taking care of defensive responsibilities, and if a role split like that is going to slow him down offensively...
He’s paired with Evans at least today when I just checked but also don’t forget he’ll miss a bit of time with the WJC too Malatesta wont(probably)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm not sure if it's just for the preseason or not, but I've only seen one jackets game on there so far..
Well I live in Columbus so any actual CBJ games will be blacked out here. they are going to carry 130 KHL games on there so there will be opportunities to watch Marchenko and Voronkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad