Post-Game Talk: CBJ (Pithy title incoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If anything, it’s the fans criticizing Mika and Trouba that actually understand the big picture.

Their inconsistent play is exactly what we’ve seen for years. They have flashes of brilliance and god awful, and it’s difficult to know night-to-night what type of effort you’ll get. Those types of players can’t be relied upon to play consistent enough hockey when it matters most in the playoffs to win a Stanley Cup. I don’t care if the rest of the team around them is good enough to win the Presidents Trophy. If they’re your 1C and Captain, respectively, you’re not winning a Cup.
It's more than that. It's a total and complete breakdown by some when they lose a game. This team has managed a league leading win % despite Trouba and Mika having bad years yet when they lose a game in a month the shit hits the fan. It's comical.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
...How she can manhandle Zibs.

Next game is on Wednesday so Rangers get some rest, but then they are back it the next night!

Who's the jackass that came-up with the schedule?!
1708914884715.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Brutananadilewski

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
You can’t win them all, so I’m not going to get too crazy about this loss. They can get a few days off and get back at it Wednesday.

I’ll echo the sentiments about Mika. He’s been so bad this year. I’m also sick of the Right Wing excuse. At what point he and Kreider the problem? Everything he does has become very predictable too, from the shot at the Left Circle to passing on the rush.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I don't care how many games they won in a row. A performance like that against a team like that is never acceptable. We're incredibly unlikely to win the cup this year but this team could have at least given us a record and a memory of winning 11 in a row. They chose to not show up. Sorry, I'm pissed.
I have no memory of us winning 10 in 15-16 and if we had won 11 in 15-16 I think that remains true. Stay cised.

Reactions: McRanger92

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
You can’t win them all, so I’m not going to get too crazy about this loss. They can get a few days off and get back at it Wednesday.

I’ll echo the sentiments about Mika. He’s been so bad this year. I’m also sick of the Right Wing excuse. At what point he and Kreider the problem? Everything he does has become very predictable too, from the shot at the Left Circle to passing on the rush.
They are a problem when they aren't +20 and +16 on the season.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It's more than that. It's a total and complete breakdown by some when they lose a game. This team has managed a league leading win % despite Trouba and Mika having bad years yet when they lose a game in a month the shit hits the fan. It's comical.

Your lectures about posters posting what they want is more of a shtick than ed and his kravtsov obsession at this point.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Doesn't take away from my point. Jagr gave us a memory despite the sweep

Well, the bar was extremely low previously to that season after the constant coaching changes, Sather outspending every other team for broken players, missing the playoffs.

Jagr could have taken a dump in the middle of the ice and most would have agreed that 05-06 was glorious, especially with the rise of the King.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
In our three games with Columbus this year we've had all kinds of issues with them. Even the game we won was a shootout and the Rangers tied it with 11 seconds left in the game on a Lafreniere goal. For whatever reason the Blue Jackets seem to have our number this year.

Rempe a two game point streak. He definitely didn't win the fight though. Olivier was a bit marked up though too. No one wins them all and fights in two nights is a lot.....or at least it is these days.
Their speed is a serious issue. The same was true with Philly yesterday (Igor saved our bacon). I also wonder if we take CBJ seriously, given their position in the standings; we also struggled against Anaheim and SJ, if memory serves me right.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Boycotted the third and didn’t miss a thing.

Two telling stats:
1) Trouba mailed it in - only player on for all 4 goals against I believe
2) P**sy-ass team credited with a whopping 5 hits. That has to be an all-time record low.
At least 2 of our defencemen had hits, which is 2 more than CBJ had... (weird game for hits)

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Boycotted the third and didn’t miss a thing.

Two telling stats:
1) Trouba mailed it in - only player on for all 4 goals against I believe
2) P**sy-ass team credited with a whopping 5 hits. That has to be an all-time record low.
Trouba, Zibs, and Miller looked atrocious. I'm going to start calling him Zits if he keeps up his pus-filled pustule playing.

Reactions: Ail
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad