Post-Game Talk: CBJ (Pithy title incoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I decided not to watch the 3rd myself. Shit wasn't going right. It wasn't that big of a deal. And no one would notice unless you told them but it's something that in the past couple years I regularly do on nights they're not playing well and that includes even playoff games. I don't look at it as getting even with anyone but also I've got other things I can do. It's a piece of mind thing as well and maybe even it's a getting older and giving less of a shit about things thing (though some older people worry and stress over every little thing). But anyway at this point I'm a Rangers fan by inertia because I've always been a Rangers fan and it's over 50 years now---52 in fact.

But still the team is tied for 1st in the East......we'd won 10 in a row and 9 straight on back to backs. Nothing lasts forever. There's no point in getting pissed at the team or even particular players over this after those streaks and probably not a lot of a point even if we were fighting for a playoff position or already out of it. Things are what they are. The Rangers have done well this year.....despite that month and a half slump and the shitty game they played last night against the Jackets and sometimes even the not very good teams beat a team at the top. It happens. It's always happened.

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
Miller and zibinejad. They have been AWFUL all year.

Miller and zibinejad. They have been AWFUL all year

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
Columbus just has the Rangers' number this season. Every good team has that one bad team that has their number each season, it is what it is. Plus, third game in 4 days, it was expected.

Good to see Rempe get on the scoresheet again though!

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Game sucked but Joe called a Col odd man rush “undetested” so I’m at peace with the result.
Likely already posted...but the ref F'ed up bad when he announced the call ..... "playing the hand with the puck " on the Columbus player . I got a chuckle out of that one .

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Their speed is a serious issue. The same was true with Philly yesterday (Igor saved our bacon). I also wonder if we take CBJ seriously, given their position in the standings; we also struggled against Anaheim and SJ, if memory serves me right.
When don't we struggle?

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
As many others said a loss was due as the good guys were coming off the emotional rollercoaster in the last few games.
Good thing there’s a zero chance the Rangers will be facing CBJ in playoffs.

IchabodCrane

Mar 11, 2023
There was one point in the second where he had a puck come to him multiple times in the same shift and he missed it probably 5-6 times and by the end was swiping and flailing at the puck as it trickled past him. He looks awful.
This. All game.

Also watch Miller- he has no idea how to play defense. Oh by the way, his offense is nothing to write home about either.

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Can't win every game. Who cares? Throw out the tape and move on.

The only thing to care about is Mika looks awful and still leads forwards with ice time. He needs a break, or a message sent besides keep up the good work.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Rempe lost the fight on purpose so people will stop challenging him. He got tired of having to prove it. In actuality, he could've beaten up Olivier. He just didn't want his profile to take over the team's focus. These western Canada kids were raised right and put the team ahead of themselves.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I decided not to watch the 3rd myself. Shit wasn't going right. It wasn't that big of a deal. And no one would notice unless you told them but it's something that in the past couple years I regularly do on nights they're not playing well and that includes even playoff games. I don't look at it as getting even with anyone but also I've got other things I can do. It's a piece of mind thing as well and maybe even it's a getting older and giving less of a shit about things thing (though some older people worry and stress over every little thing). But anyway at this point I'm a Rangers fan by inertia because I've always been a Rangers fan and it's over 50 years now---52 in fact.

But still the team is tied for 1st in the East......we'd won 10 in a row and 9 straight on back to backs. Nothing lasts forever. There's no point in getting pissed at the team or even particular players over this after those streaks and probably not a lot of a point even if we were fighting for a playoff position or already out of it. Things are what they are. The Rangers have done well this year.....despite that month and a half slump and the shitty game they played last night against the Jackets and sometimes even the not very good teams beat a team at the top. It happens. It's always happened.

I am sure like myself you have watched many a Ranger team over the decades. Don't you think it might be due to the fact this is one of the most frustrating and hair-pulling teams you've ever witnessed.

I have seen far less talented teams and I have also seen probably overall more talented teams, and ever iteration inbetween. I don't know about you, however, personally speaking, I cannot think of a team / leadership core that would make you want to smack your head against a wall on a regular basis.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
This was such an absolutely devastating loss. I can't believe they lost for the first time since January 26th when nobody even knew who Matt Rempe was. I just don't see how they can recover from this. We are only 20 points away from not making the playoffs.
I think you broke my sarcas-O-meter!!

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Send Trouba to the shire.
To the Cornfield!!
1708967445834.jpeg

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Johnny Gaudreau skipped being with his wife and new baby to get in the game. This was very important to the Columbus club.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don’t care we lost.

I am bothered with how some of big money vets are playing.

It’s not just one game. It’s been an issue for a long while. It’s obviously worse when you lose
Exactly.

Wins and losses don’t matter at this point.

It’s how they’re playing. And it’s been bad a long the time, even during the streak.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Soooo….are you getting a cookie or a cupcake for being right and “telling us all”? Is it exhausting for you?
LOL I was being somewhat facetious! I got no joy from being correct and I'm not getting a cookie of cupcake for being right; just a feeling I had about the game.

Just trying to amuse myself LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad