OT: CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Any chance anyone has an extra newspaper from when the Jackets swept the lighting? I had it …. And my wife threw it away. Really wanted to frame it with game 3/4 ticket stubs.

willing to pay for it

Thanks

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Hopefully this goes through and the demand will bring the pricing down because the medical participants that really need it are currently getting hosed.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Hopefully this goes through and the demand will bring the pricing down because the medical participants that really need it are currently getting hosed.

The prices seem reasonable to me. For example...in Illinois where is it legal:

"In Chicago, customers will pay up to 41.25% in taxes on some marijuana products, after factoring in a soon-to-be-passed Cook County excise tax. That total doesn’t even include a 7% state wholesale tax further up the supply chain, which will be passed down to consumers through higher prices."

But for those who use for medical reasons in Illinois, tax is only 1%.

Picked 2 random dispensaries to compare a price. Downtown Columbus you can get 2.83g for $50 with tax now. Random Illinois dispensary you can get 3.5g for $54 before tax, which for this location is taxed at 25%, so a total of about $68. You get 25% more and the cost is 36% higher.

In Arizona where it is legal, for the same potency you can get 3.5g for about $60 before tax.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The prices seem reasonable to me. For example...in Illinois where is it legal:

"In Chicago, customers will pay up to 41.25% in taxes on some marijuana products, after factoring in a soon-to-be-passed Cook County excise tax. That total doesn’t even include a 7% state wholesale tax further up the supply chain, which will be passed down to consumers through higher prices."

But for those who use for medical reasons in Illinois, tax is only 1%.

Picked 2 random dispensaries to compare a price. Downtown Columbus you can get 2.83g for $50 with tax now. Random Illinois dispensary you can get 3.5g for $54 before tax, which for this location is taxed at 25%, so a total of about $68. You get 25% more and the cost is 36% higher.

In Arizona where it is legal, for the same potency you can get 3.5g for about $60 before tax.

Medical in general is still really high compared to the less-legal method of acquiring it though, even without the taxes. I've been paying about $33 per 3.5g for years.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Michigan motorist wins appeal in fight against chalk-mark parking tickets

Taylor, who had sued Saginaw, Mich., over 14 parking tickets she had racked up, has won a major court decision that says the city used a parking enforcement officer's modest piece of tire chalk to deface the Fourth Amendment. Taylor argued that using the chalk to mark her tires constituted an unreasonable search without a warrant. Saginaw said the act of chalking Taylor's car was an exception to the Fourth Amendment. But a three-judge panel of a federal appeals court just ruled unanimously that Taylor's novel argument was right, and Saginaw is wrong.

“For nearly as long as automobiles have parked along city streets, municipalities have found ways to enforce parking regulations without implicating the Fourth Amendment,” Judge Richard Griffin said in the opinion handed down Wednesday. “Thus, tire chalking is not necessary to meet the ordinary needs of law enforcement, let alone the extraordinary."

The appeals court's ruling has broader implications for parking scofflaws throughout the Midwest and Mid-South, as it sets precedent for the whole 6th Circuit, comprising Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Michigan motorist wins appeal in fight against chalk-mark parking tickets

Taylor, who had sued Saginaw, Mich., over 14 parking tickets she had racked up, has won a major court decision that says the city used a parking enforcement officer's modest piece of tire chalk to deface the Fourth Amendment. Taylor argued that using the chalk to mark her tires constituted an unreasonable search without a warrant. Saginaw said the act of chalking Taylor's car was an exception to the Fourth Amendment. But a three-judge panel of a federal appeals court just ruled unanimously that Taylor's novel argument was right, and Saginaw is wrong.

“For nearly as long as automobiles have parked along city streets, municipalities have found ways to enforce parking regulations without implicating the Fourth Amendment,” Judge Richard Griffin said in the opinion handed down Wednesday. “Thus, tire chalking is not necessary to meet the ordinary needs of law enforcement, let alone the extraordinary."

The appeals court's ruling has broader implications for parking scofflaws throughout the Midwest and Mid-South, as it sets precedent for the whole 6th Circuit, comprising Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.

This shift happened in DC a couple years ago. It makes time-bound parking enforcement effectively impossible which is mostly awesome but a bit bittersweet IMO.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Lukas Sedlak about Columbus (translate from Russian)

Can you compare Chelyabinsk with Columbus?

Columbus is a very pleasant city, especially for families. Even players who are traded from Columbus often return after the end of their careers and put down roots there. I don't think that Columbus and Chelyabinsk can be compared, the United States is generally different, they have little in common with Russia.

«Не особо люблю американцев, они могут быть фальшивыми. С русскими легче найти общий язык»

They wanted to compare with Cleveland too but I don`t know how I can translate the word "суровый" if it realates to a town.That`s why I didn`t translate it.

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
Potential cord cutter seeking info on Disney+ Bundle

I'm sick of my cable company (imagine that!) and have the antenna /over-the-air thing working, so now I need to figure out the details.

Does ESPN+ include Bally Sports channels? If not, what will I need to buy to get my Crew and CBJ games?

I'm thinking about the Disney+ Bundle for some of the Disney sf content (and international hockey!) but the only price I can find is $7.99 a month (or, like $80.00 a year). I'm pretty sure that's just Disney, without Hulu or ESPN+. If I can get all three of those services for that price, wow! Can anybody give me a plausible estimate on the Disney+ bundle?

Any feedback appreciated!

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Potential cord cutter seeking info on Disney+ Bundle

I'm sick of my cable company (imagine that!) and have the antenna /over-the-air thing working, so now I need to figure out the details.

Does ESPN+ include Bally Sports channels? If not, what will I need to buy to get my Crew and CBJ games?

I'm thinking about the Disney+ Bundle for some of the Disney sf content (and international hockey!) but the only price I can find is $7.99 a month (or, like $80.00 a year). I'm pretty sure that's just Disney, without Hulu or ESPN+. If I can get all three of those services for that price, wow! Can anybody give me a plausible estimate on the Disney+ bundle?

Any feedback appreciated!

This is the bundle I looked at previously:

The Disney Bundle with Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ | Hulu.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad