GDT: CBJ @LAK 4/16 10:30 pm | nobody’s staying up when the tank and draft threads are so busy edition

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I don’t care about winning or losing. I do care about getting ran out of the building. That period didn’t help anyone, especially Johnson. That was a disgusting period to watch

People Got mad when Boston and Minnesota pushed us around (rightfully) but at least it forced us to get involved in the game. The kings aren’t pushing us around but they’re enforcing their will and get anything they want. To me, that’s worse.
Eh I think it’s just a slow start. LA isn’t a bad team either.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t care about winning or losing. I do care about getting ran out of the building. That period didn’t help anyone, especially Johnson. That was a disgusting period to watch

People Got mad when Boston and Minnesota pushed us around (rightfully) but at least it forced us to get involved in the game. The kings aren’t pushing us around but they’re enforcing their will and get anything they want. To me, that’s worse.

It is ugly. I'm hoping it's just the Jackets starting sluggish after going a few days between games.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Meyer starts to consistently throw his body he has a real chance to make it as a 4th liner.

It annoys me Kole Sherwood didn’t do that. He had the body and speed of josh Anderson and could have made a difference as a physical speed guy. But alas

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
It's ugly but I'm trying to pay attention to smaller details. Danforth I really feel is going to force his way onto this roster next year. Just little details and good forceful play makes him a great prototypical bottom 6 player

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Meyer starts to consistently throw his body he has a real chance to make it as a 4th liner.

It annoys me Kole Sherwood didn’t do that. He had the body and speed of josh Anderson and could have made a difference as a physical speed guy. But alas

I think Sherwood tried to embrace throwing the body. He just had a slow first step and maybe not the best agility. A bit of the old Jared Boll problem - willing hitter but more likely to hit the boards than the other guy.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So Bjorkstrand is off the Johnson line, now with Voracek. I assume that means Bemstrom is now on that Johnson line, meaning Johnson-Danforth-Bemstrom is probably not going to play much the rest of the way

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really liked that read from Blankenburg (the one where the puck hit Edler in the face). Blanks was guarding his man in front of the net while Edler was uncovered, and Blanks saw it and was waiting to intercept that pass. Good thinking ahead.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So Bjorkstrand is off the Johnson line, now with Voracek. I assume that means Bemstrom is now on that Johnson line, meaning Johnson-Danforth-Bemstrom is probably not going to play much the rest of the way
I could see that. Bjorky was stinking it up for whatever reason so if the line with Bemmer clicks they might actually play more.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
lol Laine. literally ZERO defensive effort there. staring at the puck with not a care in the world.
I don't think he didn't try but didn't wait a pass to Danault so one didn't have time to react. Don't forget Laine isn't Nyquist or Kuraly who would probably differently.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Veľmi sa mi páčilo to čítanie z Blankenburga (to, kde puk trafil Edlera do tváre). Blanks strážil svojho muža pred sieťou, zatiaľ čo Edler bol nekrytý, a Blanks to videl a čakal na zachytenie tejto prihrávky. Dobré myslenie dopredu.
Or his play around the boards when he can play under forchecking.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Bjorkstrand looks like he's up past his bedtime. Or at least he's playing like it.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
As predicted, Johnson and Bemmer have barely played this period.

as not predicted, Danforth was put on the “4th line” with Robinson and Kuraly to keep playing. Meyer demoted to the banished line for no reason.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
So much effort just to pull the goalie. Would be nice if we could control the puck even a little bit when it matters

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
seen just about enough of Laine in a CBJ uniform

no team concept

defense of a rodeo clown-----Ooh Lay
While I'm definitely hoping for no gross overpay for him, I also have to ask "what team concept?" for the middle portion of your post. Call me critical, but I think the CBJ have barely qualified as a "team" this year as opposed to a random collection of individuals. Lars really hasn't laid it out for us, either. Some lines have gelled but otherwise just a bunch of poo to see what sticks for the coming years

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad