GDT: CBJ @ LA | Hello old friends | 10:30 PM EST

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Might it be they ultimately see Sillinger as two-way middle-6 type of guy and don't care about his confidence or offense and think he best develops for that role through battling it out in the NHL until he starts to get it? That's the best I can do, he should've been in the AHL most of the season, if not last season already.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Our development coaches are former crowd entertaining fighters.
Not enough discussion of this very point. Larsen is one thing, but why in the world is Boll a development coach? He's a loyal Jacket, a good soldier, etc. But while I understand that many times a player like Boll becomes a good all-round coach, Boller has LITTLE to NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE, no AHL training as a coach, etc...
Maybe it's an overly simplistic view by me, but it just seems obvious that Boller and the remainder of the staff are part of the problem, not the answer.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Not enough discussion of this very point. Larsen is one thing, but why in the world is Boll a development coach? He's a loyal Jacket, a good soldier, etc. But while I understand that many times a player like Boll becomes a good all-round coach, Boller has LITTLE to NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE, no AHL training as a coach, etc...
Maybe it's an overly simplistic view by me, but it just seems obvious that Boller and the remainder of the staff are part of the problem, not the answer.

It is part of the reason I want to clean house. Is Vogulhuber a good AHL coach or a good soldier who has stuck with the franchise? I think Dorsett has developed his development skills and is a good choice, but I am less sure about Boll. And is Rick Nash the best choice of a guy to be groomed for a GM type position?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It is part of the reason I want to clean house. Is Vogulhuber a good AHL coach or a good soldier who has stuck with the franchise? I think Dorsett has developed his development skills and is a good choice, but I am less sure about Boll. And is Rick Nash the best choice of a guy to be groomed for a GM type position?
I'm sure similar things were said about Sakic and Yzerman earlier in their FO careers. We as fans don't know how these guys operate. I would imagine if they didn't think he was capable, they wouldn't have him helping making decisions. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't(Gretzky coaching)

Reactions: VT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad