CBJ in 2019 Traverse City tournament

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Visqi, after reading Torts comments in the Athletic article that Wennberg knows what he is doing wrong but has simply failed to do anything about it up to this point, it does not seem that the nickname is either childish or inappropriate.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Visqi, after reading Torts comments in the Athletic article that Wennberg knows what he is doing wrong but has simply failed to do anything about it up to this point, it does not seem that the nickname is either childish or inappropriate.
That would certainly justify your disdain for him, but it doesn't make the nickname any less childish or inappropriate.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I haven't been paying too much attention to Jarmo's hype job. Is he hyping Bemstrom specifically in response to questions about how we'll perform this coming year? Or is it a more general "we've got a bright future"? There's prospects out there that are more hyped than Bemstrom that aren't expected to be in the NHL next year.
The interview I saw was about how the power play has been missing what he has , a lethal accurate , and quick shot . And how that could help our power play . This was during the time he was back here training , and Jarmo was commenting on his physique , as a man now

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

You're obviously wrong, given that Pooh generally found a way to get his honey, even if he got stuck in a tree in the process. The effort was there.

Terrible nickname, 0/10.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The article in the Athletic about Benstrum, his shot, and his unique ability to get open was a really fascinating read. A lot of insight into Benstrum's very special skill set. Since it came form someone other a person who still thinks Pooh is an NHL player, I read it and watched the videos a couple of times. I have to say the article has me every interested in what Benstrum can do in the NHL. Adds a bit of excitement to the upcoming season.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Monk, for me the use of the name "Pooh" has a double meaning if you get my drift.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The league is literally moving away from goons and fighting. It's very possible that teams start using the 4th as younger energy roles for kids to prove themselves as the goonery dies out.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
That would certainly justify your disdain for him, but it doesn't make the nickname any less childish or inappropriate.
I agree with Viqsi, "Wendy" is a much better nickname for him ;)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Ohhhhhh, this feels really good to see some CBJ hockey again!

Looks weird to see them wearing their blue helmets with their white jerseys, although it's not completely out of place.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
End of 1st period. Jackets Prospects 3 - Rangers Prospects 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad