CBJ in 2019 Traverse City tournament

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Borrowed this from prospects forum:
The NHL Prospect Tournament returns to Traverse City for its 21st season, running from Friday, Sept. 6 through Tuesday, Sept. 10. The eight-team field consists of prospects from the Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks, the defending tournament-champion Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New York Rangers, St. Louis Blues and Toronto Maple Leafs, who will participate in the tournament for the first time, replacing the Carolina Hurricanes.

Gordie Howe DivisionTed Lindsay Division
Chicago BlackhawksColumbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red WingsDallas Stars
St. Louis BluesMinnesota Wild
Toronto Maple LeafsNew York Rangers
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Time (EST)HomeVisitorRink
Friday September 6
3:00pmDallas StarsMinnesota WildDavids Rink
3:30pmNew York RangersColumbus Blue JacketsWest Rink
6:30pmSt. Louis BluesToronto Maple LeafsDavids Rink
7:00pmChicago BlackhawksDetroit Red WingsWest Rink
Saturday September 7
3:00pmToronto Maple LeafsChicago BlackhawksDavids Rink
3:30pmDetroit Red WingsSt. Louis BluesWest Rink
6:30pmColumbus Blue JacketsMinnesota WildDavids Rink
7:00pmNew York RangersDallas StarsWest Rink
Monday September 9
2:00pmDallas StarsColumbus Blue JacketsDavids Rink
2:30pmMinnesota WildNew York RangersWest Rink
5:30pmSt. Louis BluesChicago BlackhawksDavids Rink
6:00pmToronto Maple LeafsDetroit Red WingsWest Rink
Tuesday September 10
12:00pm - 7th Place Game4th Lindsay4th HoweDavids Rink
12:30pm - 5th Place Game3rd Howe3rd LindsayWest Rink
3:30pm - 3rd Place Game2nd Lindsay2nd HoweDavids Rink
5:00pm - Championship Game1st Howe1st LindsayWest Rink
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

We have Blue Jackets hockey in just over a week!!!

Excited to see who impresses enough for a chance with the main team.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Pretty big reason to tune in. Glad he's playing to get somewhat acclimated to NHL rinks.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A couple '93ers on the roster. I suppose there isn't an age limit.

I'm only concerned with Bemstrom if his training has been affected by the face injury. He's bulking up now, it's important to do it properly. It's too hard for kids to develop their bodies properly once the season begins.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Find it odd that Elvis is allowed to play since he's 25 but whatever, going with only 12 forwards seems not good

There are even a couple 26 year olds from the Swedish Elite League on the roster (Lilja and Anton Karlsson).

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Damnit no Bemstrom. Oh well. Can’t wait to see Texier Foudy and Elvis.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Damnit no Bemstrom. Oh well. Can’t wait to see Texier Foudy and Elvis.

Speaking of Bemstrom, I'm not sure if its news or not, but he confirmed that he wants to return to Sweden if he doesn't make the CBJ out of camp.

And also, he's not in the tournament because of his facial injury he suffered a few weeks ago.

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
Speaking of Bemstrom, I'm not sure if its news or not, but he confirmed that he wants to return to Sweden if he doesn't make the CBJ out of camp.

Yikes, really? I want this kid playing on NA ice getting use to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
A couple '93ers on the roster. I suppose there isn't an age limit.

I'm only concerned with Bemstrom if his training has been affected by the face injury. He's bulking up now, it's important to do it properly. It's too hard for kids to develop their bodies properly once the season begins.
Is he here in Columbus training ? A while back I read an interview from Jarmo that he was here at the time, and at that point it sounded like he had been here for a few weeks. Anyway Jarmo said Bemmstrom physique was one of a man, and pretty imposing. I"ll be shocked if him and Texier are not in the opening night lineup based on the optimism Jarmo as been speaking with regarding these 2.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I"ll be shocked if him and Texier are not in the opening night lineup based on the optimism Jarmo as been speaking with regarding these 2.

I would be as well. If Bemstrom isn't in the opening night line up, then Jarmo is guilty of extreme over hype.

MOD EDIT: fix quote tag

Last edited by a moderator:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Is he here in Columbus training ? A while back I read an interview from Jarmo that he was here at the time, and at that point it sounded like he had been here for a few weeks. Anyway Jarmo said Bemmstrom physique was one of a man, and pretty imposing. I"ll be shocked if him and Texier are not in the opening night lineup based on the optimism Jarmo as been speaking with regarding these 2.

According to an interview he did in mid July, he was here for 3 weeks before development camp to train with the team, and then obviously participated in the camp for that week. After that, he returned home.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I would be as well. If Bemstrom isn't in the opening night line up, then Jarmo is guilty of extreme over hype.

MOD EDIT: fix quote tag

I haven't been paying too much attention to Jarmo's hype job. Is he hyping Bemstrom specifically in response to questions about how we'll perform this coming year? Or is it a more general "we've got a bright future"? There's prospects out there that are more hyped than Bemstrom that aren't expected to be in the NHL next year.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I haven't been paying too much attention to Jarmo's hype job. Is he hyping Bemstrom specifically in response to questions about how we'll perform this coming year? Or is it a more general "we've got a bright future"? There's prospects out there that are more hyped than Bemstrom that aren't expected to be in the NHL next year.

Now that you ask, I really can't recall the time frame he had regarding Bemstrom in his comments.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Now that you ask, I really can't recall the time frame he had regarding Bemstrom in his comments.

I kinda compare the hyping as the same thing Jonathan Davidsson got last year. IIRC, he's said Bemstrom has NHL ready qualities, mostly his shot, and that he'll be given a real chance to compete and win a job at camp. That he's ready for the challenge because he's played in a mens league for years and excelled. That kind of stuff.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah, I feel Jarmo's tone has generally been, "He was the leading goal-scorer in Sweden last year, so he's ready to compete for a spot in the NHL". Don't think he's gone farther than that, perhaps about his overall potential but he's usually pretty careful not to make any promises with prospects for the immediate future.

Still, sucks that Bemstrom won't be at TC.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Jarmo has definitely been hyping Bemstrom as his excuse for why he has made no additional efforts to add to our forward group. And in his usual style the hype has been vague but sounding very confident, at least to me. i don't buy it because at the same time Jarmo is still trying to sell Pooh as a real NHL player. So I have no confidence in Jarmo's hype job.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jarmo has definitely been hyping Bemstrom as his excuse for why he has made no additional efforts to add to our forward group. And in his usual style the hype has been vague but sounding very confident, at least to me. i don't buy it because at the same time Jarmo is still trying to sell Pooh as a real NHL player. So I have no confidence in Jarmo's hype job.
Gotta admit, every time you throw out that childish nickname, it empowers a very small, very petty side of me that badly wants to see Wennberg bounce back in spite of it all. :)

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I have a feeling that we’ll be hearing more and more about Berni as he gets exposure in North America goes. I think this tournament could be the start of his breakout party.

As for Bemstrom, it’s a disappointment that we won’t see him with the other rookies and prospects right off the bat, but hopefully his injury hasn’t impacted his training much and he’ll be ready to go for camp. Regarding the hype, I think Jarmo has been pretty clear that he holds Bemstrom, Texier, and Foudy in higher regard than the rest of the prospects. He has particularly mentioned on several occasions the elite company that Bemstrom joins as being a teenage SHL goal scoring leader. I would be surprised if either Texier or Bemstrom don’t make the cut.

Reactions: hockey123112

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->