CBJ gets to 93/94 points and gets IN!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Current wild card standings

.Team. .GP. .Points

Pitt 58 73... next 5 @STL FLA(btb) @WSH CBJ @COL
Bos 57 65... next 5 @STL @CHI VAN @NJD ARI
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Fla 57 64... next 5 @OTT @PITT(btb) @CHI CHI BUF
Phi 58 59... next 5 NSH WSH(btb) @CAR @TOR NYR
Ott 56 56... next 5 FLA @ANA @LAK(btb) @SJS @MIN
Cbj 56 55... next 5 @MTL @NYR(btb) BUF MTL NJD

edit now is the time to start a win streak a lot of the teams above us have a tough stretch especially FLA and OTT

Last edited by a moderator:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Some miscellaneous stuff looking at the schedules for the Jackets, Boston and Florida down the stretch:

Boston has what looks like on paper as 10 easy games, they have 3 head to heads with Florida left, last 3 are on the road.

Florida has 7 easy's, have a 7 game home stand starting now and finish with 5 at home. Have a 5 game road trip and the 3 h-t-h's with Boston. I think they have the toughest schedule left.

Jackets have 8 easy's, a weird stretch where they play at Van,Edm & Calgary, back home against Anaheim and then a 2 game road trip to St Louis and Chicago. Jackets 10 back of Boston with 2 games in hand, 9 back of Florida with one in hand.

And of course Philly, Ottawa and the NJ are in about the same boat as the Jackets. Of those I think only Philly has a chance to make it.

This could get interesting.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Let's see where we are on Sunday night. Six points out with a game in hand and it's on. Twelve back and we can get ready for the lottery.

This weekend is, critical?

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I has been so long that I looked at the standings, I had no idea what happened to the Penguins. I assumed Boston would figure it out -- guess not! I'd love to approach the deadline as a buyer.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Only problem with CA's thought process is thinking this team is anything better than a .500 club. They're not.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Their only chance is to have a win streak of at least five games. That's withhotu factoring in Boston and florida sinking. But five in a row+ puts us in the discussion.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Ok we're 11 out with 24 to play need anywhere from 35 pts assuming Boston finishes 12-11 for 91 pts. to who knows if Boston, Florida or Philly gets red hot (in that case probably doesn't matter how many I don't think we can finish with 37 plus in the last 24)

To get 35 points we need to finish 16-5-3 or thereabouts.

We play Buffalo, Carolina, Edmonton 2x's each and Toronto once. Need to win all 7. 14 pts.

6 tossups with slight edge to us in 3 (NJ), slight underdogs in 2 (Vancouver & Calgary) and even in one (Colorado) Say 3-1-2 to be cautiously optimistic. That's 8 more.

Still need 7 wins against Montreal, Pitt(2x), Wash, Anaheim, Chi, St L, Isles (2x) Rangers and Detroit. 6-4-1 would get it done. I'm not sure.

Doable? Still possible. Likely? I don't think so. I think we wind up somewhere around 85 points plus or minus a couple.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Ok we're 11 out with 24 to play need anywhere from 35 pts assuming Boston finishes 12-11 for 91 pts. to who knows if Boston, Florida or Philly gets red hot (in that case probably doesn't matter how many I don't think we can finish with 37 plus in the last 24)

We play Buffalo, Carolina, Edmonton 2x's each and Toronto once. Need to win all 7. 14 pts.

6 tossups with slight edge to us in 3 (NJ), slight underdogs in 2 (Vancouver & Calgary) and even in one (Colorado) Say 3-1-2 to be cautiously optimistic. That's 8 more.

Still need 7 wins against Montreal, Pitt(2x), Wash, Anaheim, Chi, St L, Isles (2x) Rangers and Detroit. 6-4-1 would get it done. I'm not sure.

Doable? Still possible. Likely? I don't think so. I think we wind up somewhere around 85 points plus or minus a couple.

Good breakdown. I agree with all of your insights.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

The X factor is I don't think Boston is finishing 12-11, I think they will limp to the finish line with more of a 9-14 record, or worse. I think we end up battling Florida and possibly Philly for the final spot.

Didn't you see it last night, we poured it on in the third and OT, our legs were fresh, NY was on life support and only pulled it out because of some puck luck and a skills contest. You don't think this club, that has beat all the top teams in the league, or played damn good with them, can win 16 out of 24 games?? That's only a .666 clip, not exactly lighting the world on fire. I think if Bob comes back this week strong and Boone comes back next week(hopefully) and he has his legs, we are going to go on a crazy run. Just my gut feeling.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
a) don't count on Boone next week
b) you're leaving out Ottawa and New Jersey as other teams in the mix
c) 9-14 for Boston? don't see it...they're done with western trips, we still have one to make, and have IMO an easier schedule....
d)Florida as well has no Western trips left, and if you're saying on one hand that Chicago is bad (like yesterday's Boston game) then we should be worried about Florida's back to back with them this week.

its not as simple as winning 2 of 3 from here on out...we need A LOT of help...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

We also play better against the best teams than we do the middle to bottom teams. We have beat Pitt twice, played Mont tough, Detroit we own, Chi and St. Louis we have beat and Chi is in the tank, NYI are tough, not gonna lie. We have also beat the Rangers. I'm not scared of any of those teams.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
c) 9-14 for Boston? don't see it...they're done with western trips, we still have one to make, and have IMO an easier schedule....
d)Florida as well has no Western trips left, and if you're saying on one hand that Chicago is bad (like yesterday's Boston game) then we should be worried about Florida's back to back with them this week.

a) hoping but we could do it without him, though he wouldn't be skating at all if he wasn't feeling pretty good
b) NJ is one point up, we have a game in hand and 2 head to heads, irrelevant if we go on a run, it will take care of itself. Ottawa is 2 up but I just don't see them doing anything, just my opinion, I think they will fall off.
c) Boston is 3-5-2 in the last 10 and Krechi or however you spell it just got hurt. I'm not scared to go play anyone on the road, but Edm, Calgary and Van are not the CA trip for sure, we will handle them.
d)I am worried about Florida, I said it would be them and maybe Philly we end up battling.

I didn't say this was a piece of cake, but it's not as far fetched as a lot of you believe either. We are a better team than 2 years ago and we finished 16-5-3 with a way harder schedule and not as good a team in the much harder Western Conference

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You don't think this club, that has beat all the top teams in the league, or played damn good with them, can win 16 out of 24 games?? That's only a .666 clip, not exactly lighting the world on fire.

First off, no. This team is 5-6-1 in the last 12. 10-12-1 in 2015. There is absolutely nothing to suggest this team will start winning 2 out of 3, even when Bob comes back. We are a mediocre, .500 team.

Secondly, 16 W's = 32 more points. We only have 56 as it is. 88 isn't going to get in. Period. The last time 88 was the cut line was in 2010 when the conferences were 15/15. There are more points going around the East with the 16/14 imbalance. Even throw in a couple OTLs and it still isn't going to be enough. Boston is going to get its $hit together or the Panthers or Flyers will pass them.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

This team isn't doing that. People need to stop looking at past years clubs and records. That was then this is now. This team has done nothing of the sort to reasonably expect them to go 2 of 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad