Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Gavin Bayreuther signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $750k AAV)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
They could have had Stenlund or Kukan with term and at least gotten some value lol.

Even if they're not opening night roster, they can be AHL injury call ups and are probably worth a late pick.

Edit - Then again, a late pick isn't much so it's whatever.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So confused, it's like they panic picked some guys randomly during expansion draft..

Reactions: abo9

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
They could have had Stenlund or Kukan with term and at least gotten some value lol.

Even if they're not opening night roster, they can be AHL injury call ups and are probably worth a late pick.

This is the biggest thing I have an issue with. I don't care that we passed on Domi. There's enough compelling argument for that to be a sound decision. But Kukan is a solid depth fill-in at good cost, which every team needs, and had they decided they were set on D (they drafted Bayreuther whose a Dman anyway...) then Stenlund who could be your 4C or a first injury call up and has some upside to be a full-time NHL bottom six guy. Instead they took a UFA they had no interest in signing. I get they only have so many roster spots but when you have a chance for a free asset, why would you take nothing instead?

Reactions: uncleben and banks

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So the Kraken passed on Domi, why again?

They'd rather spend 5.3 mil in cap space (6 mil in actual salary) on something else? Not sure Domi would have tremendous trade value right now, you could trade him at the deadline but you would have paid like 4 million to get a non-premium pick back. I get that it seems like poor asset management to punt on a pick, but avoiding a bad contract makes some sense.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
They'd rather spend 5.3 mil in cap space (6 mil in actual salary) on something else? Not sure Domi would have tremendous trade value right now, you could trade him at the deadline but you would have paid like 4 million to get a non-premium pick back. I get that it seems like poor asset management to punt on a pick, but avoiding a bad contract makes some sense.

Well they spent $5.9 mil on Grubauer today. I guess that's something.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Kraken made the wrong choice with their GM selection...have fun being a kraken fan when they passed on numerous NHL players for no namers in expansion. Worst case you trade Domi, Tarasenko, Dillon etc for picks instead of taking a bunch of plugs

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

They could've had Stenlund or Kukan if they were petrified of being stuck with Domi's 5.3 mil in cap space - really doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: McDonald19 and abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad