Prospect Info: CBJ Development Camp 2023 at Chiller North | July 2-6

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
any reason why babcock isn’t on ice? I can’t remember in the past if the HC is always off the ice for the first day.. I know in the past the HC is always on the ice atleast for the other days.
I think coaches normally let their assistants and developmental staffs handle this. He’s probably got a lot of preparation work to do. He hasn’t been legally able to do any work up until a few days ago so he’s behind.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Can never drink enough beer ina lifetime, but to each their own. I’m happy to toast anyone enjoying a beverage of their choice, even one so vile and wretched as a hard seltzer.

Once gout hits your feet a few times, I've seen that change many peoples drinking habits away from beer. For me as well. It's not worth the crippling pain.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I swung by today. My boy had skating lessons on the rink next to it.

I don't know if this guy is any good, but in person on skates, geared up he looks like a monster.

Thomas Kiesewetter at eliteprospects.com

Dude looked like twice as big as any other person on the ice lol.
He's big, did his dad play in the KHL? I see he was on the USA U-17 team and he was born in Russia but is considered an American. I'm trying to figure out how he was born in Russia.

Undrafted but looks like he is going to Princeton next year and maybe playing in the USHL this year? Could be someone they like seeing going the Kivlenieks route and signing him out of the USHL if he does well this year.

Googling around a bit I don't find much except his mom's twitter feed and her questionable views on science and other things but I won't hold that against him.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
He's big, did his dad play in the KHL? I see he was on the USA U-17 team and he was born in Russia but is considered an American. I'm trying to figure out how he was born in Russia.
Russian adoptee. He's from the same city as Tarasov and Bob.

From: 31 Thoughts: Sabres juggling multiple scenarios ahead of trade deadline

“It was really cool when I read that,” 16-year-old Thomas Kiesewetter says, from his home in Massachusetts. “That someone like Patrick Roy also had a path like me.”

Four years ago, Kiesewetter made a choice. A talented swimmer, he still holds seven long-course records in the breaststroke and one in the freestyle for the Cape Cod Swim Club. But, like Roy, “I really didn’t like going to swim practice, and I always found myself so excited to get on the ice.”

His mother, Krisztina, loved watching him in the pool.

“I resisted him going full-speed into hockey,” she says, with a laugh. “I held on to the swimming, because the way he is built, he could have gone anywhere with swimming. (Thomas is a lean six-foot-six.) But he said, ‘Mom, I’m a goalie, don’t you understand?’”

“I’m glad that she saw it my way,” Thomas says. “She’s now my biggest fan.”

Krisztina came to the U.S. from her native Hungary in the mid-1990s to take an MBA at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. That’s where she met classmate Eric Kiesewetter. A significant challenge emerged as their relationship grew. She showed great character and courage in a battle with cancer, but, as a result, could not bear children.

They adopted their first child, son Teddy, from Russia in 2002.

“We were just delighted to become parents,” Krisztina said. “And we thought a family of four would be really great for everybody,” she said, so they went back for Tom, who was born in 2005.

“He was abandoned at birth, taken to the orphanage within two days. We met him for the first time at 10 months and were able to adopt him at 13 months. We’ve talked about it from the very beginning. It’s part of both boys’ identities.”

On the back of his mask are American and Russian flags.

Thomas joked that some of his teammates call him “Vlad” or “Moscow.”

The city he’s from is called Novokuznetsk. It’s also the home of Florida’s Sergei Bobrovsky and highly regarded Columbus prospect Daniil Tarasov, who just made his North American debut for AHL Cleveland.

“This is why I say I didn’t have a choice” in Thomas’s decision of hockey over swimming, Krisztina laughs. “I don’t know what is in the water in Siberia, but Bobrovsky and Tarasov are from there, and when Tom started playing hockey, he immediately went to the net. I have zero hockey background, but my kids converted me.”

“I can’t watch him. I’m a nervous wreck. At the same time, it gives me tremendous pride. I’m going to fully support his dream.”

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Russian adoptee. He's from the same city as Tarasov and Bob.

From: 31 Thoughts: Sabres juggling multiple scenarios ahead of trade deadline
Sounds like a good kid coming from a privileged background but I question the fact he likes Mackenzie Blackwood. He’s terrible. Hopefully he’s got a good head on his shoulders that keeps him working and striving to reach the NHL. He went undrafted in a weak draft class but if he has a great year in the USHL we’d better jump on him or we could lose him in the next draft like we did with Sokolov.

Reactions: We Want Ten

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pretty early for his welcome to the NHL moment. Lol.

Also, Mateychuk is crazy talented. Hope he has a yuuuuge season.
I feel hes our most underappreciated prospect in a landslide.

I know some are starting to value Svozil over him and I love Svozil but I think Mateychuk will be closer to Jiricek than Svozil will be to Mateychuk when its all said and done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad