Prospect Info: CBJ Development Camp 2023 at Chiller North | July 2-6

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Begins on the same day as free agency (?), only 2 days after the draft. Since they're back at Nationwide there should be no excuses to NOT stream the on-ice sessions. Is Babcock going to attend as a coach like Larsen? :laugh:

I would assume so, considering he'll be made official on Day 1 of camp.

Glad its back at NWA. Might try to go this year

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Porty said on yesterday's Front&Nationwide that ice sessions won't be held at NWA/Ice Haus. So maybe one of the chiller rinks then where "the event can't be streamed due to poor internet connection and lack of camera crew"?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Completely off topic but...man I was born a generation to early. I remember going to a rink in Pittsburgh and Chicago probably junior year and they had a rink with 3 or 4 sheets of ice and they had cameras on each(07/08ish) and thought they were coolest thing ever and wished the chillers had em. My dad worked at the chiller for over a decade and I was one of the first people to ever skate on the ice at chiller north and thought that place was Soo cool when it first opened :laugh:

My dad would sometimes stay late to get stuff done and he'd let me bring some friends out and we'd skate around until like 1-2 in the morning

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Send a 15 year old with a smartphone, they'll figure it out.
Pessimist in me expects they won't provide a stream, even if there weren't any technical challenges, just because they couldn't find chairs and a table for Jody, Bob, Rimer and Tyrer to sit down and talk about the Blue Jackets on the stream while video is rolling. I mean who even wants to see Carlsson or Voronkov skate in a Jackets jersey for the first time if you can't hear what they think about the scrimmages.

Blue Jackets development camp will run July 1-6, but the on-ice portion of camp will be held at a suburban rink for the second straight year. Last summer, the dressing room at Nationwide Arena was undergoing a major transformation over the summer, so camp was held at Chiller North. This year, the ice infrastructure at both Nationwide and the practice rink is getting replaced, so there’s no ice in either rink until early September.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021

This year's camp is highlighted by the club's Prospect game, which will be held on Wednesday, July 5 beginning at 11 a.m. OhioHealth Chiller North is located at 8144 Highfield Dr, Lewis Center, OH 43035. All on-ice practice sessions are free and open to the public. A complete schedule of on-ice sessions can be found below:

2023 CBJ Development Camp On-Ice Schedule (Times subject to change)

Sunday, July 2

10:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m. - Group 1 On-Ice… 12:05-1:30 p.m. - Group 2 On-Ice

Monday, July 3
10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. - Group 2 On-Ice… 11:20 a.m.-12:50 p.m. - Group 1 On-Ice

Tuesday, July 4
10:50 a.m.-12:20 p.m. - Group 1 On-Ice… 12:05-1:30 p.m. - Group 2 On-Ice

Wednesday, July 5
11 a.m. - Prospects Game

Haven't found any info on possible streams.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They should invite Szturc and Suchanek, a couple really good players from that great Czech U20 team. Both went undrafted, I was surprised to see.

Reactions: GoJackets1

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Weren't they supposed to do medicals and other off-ice stuff today? Twitter isn't working for me, could someone please share the roster (and streaming info)?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Weren't they supposed to do medicals and other off-ice stuff today? Twitter isn't working for me, could someone please share the roster (and streaming info)?
Don't know if there will be any streaming. Last year I don't think they did anything except cell phone clips posted on twitter because Chiller North didn't have capable Wifi. If it was at the ice hause like normal I bet there would be. And as far as the groups I don't think we will know that until tomorrow.

Thinking of going out there to see, but I'm worried about parking since I bet its going to be a mad house down there. We'll see. Anyone planning on being there tomorrow?

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Don't know if there will be any streaming. Last year I don't think they did anything except cell phone clips posted on twitter because Chiller North didn't have capable Wifi. If it was at the ice hause like normal I bet there would be.
I remember reading that too but it's kind of hard for me to buy their excuses since Svoboda and Tyrer did a live skate space session there iirc. I've seen some hockey event streamed from that building before. And if the wifi there isn't good enough for streaming why can't they just film scrimmages (at least that prospects game on Wed) and upload them on youtube later?

My guess is they just don't bother because they think too few fans care about it.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I remember reading that too but it's kind of hard for me to buy their excuses since Svoboda and Tyrer did a live skate space session there iirc. I've seen some hockey event streamed from that building before. And if the wifi there isn't good enough for streaming why can't they just film scrimmages (at least that prospects game on Wed) and upload them on youtube later?

My guess is they just don't bother because they think too few fans care about it.
Most years they'd probably be right, but it changes a bit when you have the best prospect in organization history playing

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm wondering if they purposefully want less filming in there to have a different experience, especially for all the new draftees just coming in. Maybe they want more privacy. Turn off the reality show.

Reactions: Koira and Monk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad