Confirmed with Link: CBJ Claim Adam Cracknell From LA

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
One could be equally disturbed that it begins with CRACK.

Which brings me to my next point...

hqdefault.jpg

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Big Adam Cracknell fan, personally ... I have the claim to fame that I saw him score 7 points in the last game of his WHL career :laugh:

Fun little snippet from that game: Carolina's rookie head coach, Bill Peters, was ejected for throwing a water bottle at the referee. And he almost nailed him from 200ft away.

Cracknell's a big body, plays very similar to Comeau. Should be able to slot into a depth role for the team, provide some energy, and depth scoring.

Personally, I prefer the pickup to the one of Skille, because Cracknell fits the CBJ mold better.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Great to try out the guy who didn't make St. Louis Blues or Los Angeles Kings (of all the NHL organizations out there) permanently.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Great to try out the guy who didn't make St. Louis Blues or Los Angeles Kings (of all the NHL organizations out there) permanently.

Much better than a guy who couldn't stick with Buffalo or Calgary.

Couple of Kings fans mentioned on their board they thought this was the Jackets' way of retaliating for getting screwed on the Carter and Gabby deals. :laugh:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Not sure, but might be a move to get tougher. This team is already tough, don't get me wrong, but other teams in the Metro made moves to get tougher.

Maybe this is some insurance for if Boll gets hurt again, which he seems to have a knack for doing. Or maybe there is a trade of some sort in the works.

In no way does this move help with Horton, or Dubi's absence. This guy isn't anywhere near their talent lvl.

This stocking of bottom 6 players continues to baffle me, I will admit.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

It's a cost-effectiveness/development thing for handling current injuries, IMO. Instead of tossing the kids into an immediate elevated-responsibility baptism-by-fire, you grab guys whom you can waive later with no trouble and who're competent enough to play sheltered minutes, lean on your remaining talent while people heal, and allow your kids to start slow and easy in Springfield before getting up to speed.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not sure, but might be a move to get tougher. This team is already tough, don't get me wrong, but other teams in the Metro made moves to get tougher.

Maybe this is some insurance for if Boll gets hurt again, which he seems to have a knack for doing. Or maybe there is a trade of some sort in the works.

In no way does this move help with Horton, or Dubi's absence. This guy isn't anywhere near their talent lvl.

We've had enough injuries that I think it makes sense. I have a simple rule about this: if Jared Boll is your 12th best forward, you need to get more forwards.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Spot on..

I blame you.

So, TSN released their preseason Power Rankings today, which includes in it (among many other things) "Key Injuries" for each team (basically, top-6/top-4 guys and starting goaltenders). There's a grand total of 15 listed among all the teams in the NHL.

Of those 15, 7 are from the Metro Division. Of those 7, 3 (more than any other single team) are Blue Jackets.

Oh, and this was written before Dubi's injury was disclosed. So we represent 25% of the "key injuries" in the NHL going into the season.

I'd say "on the other hand, at least we'll be getting our guys back sooner than others" (those lists include, for example, folks like Timonen and JStaal), but that might jinx it. Besides, if it was easy, straightforward, or pain-free, it wouldn't really be the Blue Jackets, now, would it? ;)

I must be getting smarter because everything you have said lately makes sense, the clouds are clearing, or "I've stopped smoking so much weed" one of the two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad