Confirmed with Link: CBJ Claim Adam Cracknell From LA

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
EDIT:
I would like to start the "maybe Dubi is more than 'nicked up'" panic movement now. You're welcome.

I blame you.

So, TSN released their preseason Power Rankings today, which includes in it (among many other things) "Key Injuries" for each team (basically, top-6/top-4 guys and starting goaltenders). There's a grand total of 15 listed among all the teams in the NHL.

Of those 15, 7 are from the Metro Division. Of those 7, 3 (more than any other single team) are Blue Jackets.

Oh, and this was written before Dubi's injury was disclosed. So we represent 25% of the "key injuries" in the NHL going into the season.

I'd say "on the other hand, at least we'll be getting our guys back sooner than others" (those lists include, for example, folks like Timonen and JStaal), but that might jinx it. Besides, if it was easy, straightforward, or pain-free, it wouldn't really be the Blue Jackets, now, would it? ;)

IHeartZherdev*

Gibbons, D'Amigo, Tropp, Comeau, Skille Frattin...and now Cracknell. Jarmo sure loves acquiring marginal AHL/NHL ham and egg 4th scrubs. We could roll three 4th lines at this point.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
he can play center...but i agree at this point...now a healthy team...do you play Chaput at C or go Joey - Dubi - Arty - Letestu?
if Dubi is out then yes you still play Chaput and IMO if Chaput played well enough to be on the roster then he deserves to be on the roster.. could easily bump Arty/Letestu to the wing or even put Chaput on the wing (I'm sure he'd be just fine with that if it meant NHL games)

IHeartZherdev*

only things I can think of, is maybe we have some sort of deal brewing and its a filler for if they can't clear customs...or someone is more injured than suspected and we needed a body...

I doubt we claimed cracknell because we have a blockbuster trade in the works two days before the season starts and the 15 forwards we have on the roster aren't enough.

Jarmo's signings of Gibbons and D'Amigo are already busts and he needs another body and he's familiar with Cracknell from STL would be my guess. Better to have him on the 4th line or as the scratch than a young guy the team is trying to develop

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I doubt we claimed cracknell because we have a blockbuster trade in the works two days before the season starts and the 15 forwards we have on the roster aren't enough.

Jarmo's signings of Gibbons and D'Amigo are already busts and he needs another body and he's familiar with Cracknell from STL would be my guess. Better to have him on the 4th line or as the scratch than a young guy the team is trying to develop

Gibbons is on IR. Hard to pass judgment just yet.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
he can play center...but i agree at this point...now a healthy team...do you play Chaput at C or go Joey - Dubi - Arty - Letestu?

I think it depends on who comprises the healthy team and how Dano & Wennberg have played. If their play warrants staying up then I think either Chaput goes down (most likely) or he stays and plays either W or C on hte 4th.

Frankly at this point with injuries, young guns, claims & waives, I'm not even sure if I can tell you who the 13 or 14 F's are going to be.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Centers alive and healthy --- RyJo, Anisimov, Letestu. That is three lines. From there it goes to Chaput, Wennberg and, I guess, this new guy. To me that is an easy pick ---Chaput. I have seen him play twice now and Wennberg is not ready to play center in the NHL. Talented kid. But not ready to play center at this level. With Dubie out, I can't see how they cannot keep Chaput for the fourth line center.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 15s15 seconds ago
New #CBJ forward @ACracknell29 will wear No. 32.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not sure about this move. Oh well. We seem to like to get these type of players and load them up on the roster.

IHeartZherdev*

Would be great if a team would waive an established first line player now wouldn't it?

That's not going to happen nor am I suggesting that.

There are plenty of solid players available every year via free agency or via trade who are solid depth players who can also provide some skill and scoring.

Nick Foligno/Joel Ward/Jarrett Stoll/Vernon Fiddler types, guys that are 3rd line players but can still score big goals and come through for the team and aren't complete scrubs or marginal talents. Calvert/Testy/Foligno are decent but could use another guy like that as opposed to another Tropp/Comeau/Gibbons/Frattin/Cracknell/Boll type who offer next to nothing

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That's not going to happen nor am I suggesting that.

There are plenty of solid players available every year via free agency or via trade who are solid depth players who can also provide some skill and scoring.

Nick Foligno/Joel Ward/Jarrett Stoll/Vernon Fiddler types, guys that are 3rd line players but can still score big goals and come through for the team and aren't complete scrubs or marginal talents. Calvert/Testy/Foligno are decent but could use another guy like that as opposed to another Tropp/Comeau/Gibbons/Frattin/Cracknell/Boll type who offer next to nothing

I was just messin'.

Now we just need to find a center whose last name ends with NELL. See where I'm going with that?

I'm concerned that this guy's name ends with KNELL. See what I mean?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00