Confirmed Trade: [CBJ/CAR] Jake Bean for '21 2nd (44OA)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Some time i hate Bergevin. Now he’s gonna push for the same of f***ing Dman with a different name. Savard and overpay him. This is getting old and hella f***ing annoying.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
WTH is going on in Carolina? Hell, we could have traded for him and then put Stammer on LTIR for another toy.:sarcasm:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Do people realize that Bean was a very sheltered bottom pairing defensemen who struggled at tines this year? He has potential to develop further as he has skills, but this is fair value for him IMO. With Slavin and Skjei there was not much opportunity for him in Carolina. If he blossoms, it's a great deal for CLB. If not, it's low risk but nobody was giving more than a 2nd for him.
Yep. It's a gamble, but a more than fair one.

Figure he'll be right behind Werenski and Gavrikov.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Bean could blossom in another situation where he gets more opportunity so it's a good chance to take by CLB. He wasn't going to get that chance in Carolina and wanted to be traded, so it was a good for Carolina as well.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Because Jake Bean should have been his draft pick...
Why? He drafted over 10 defenseman, most of them are NHL worthy and Dunn is a more developed version of Bean. Francis drafted both Bean and Geekie. The team was high on Geekie under Francis AND Waddell...which is a bit rare. Seattle doesnt have a lot in the way of centers and Geekie looks like a solid middle six option if he keeps developing. I doubt Francis is wringing his hands over not getting a second pick for Bean, he clearly likes Geekie. Having actual players now is important for a team that has to ice actual hockey players in the fall.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
wth i didnt even notice this trade among the trade chaos

Jarmo is a f***ing beast

Boqvist, Bean, two 1sts for Jones and 32nd overall.. nutsss

Reactions: I3LI3 and CBJx614

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad