CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So far so good against Monterrey. :D Looking forward to Leg 2.

warning: the next person to try to use this as a springboard for jackets ownership complaints will be infracted and threadbanned. You Have Been Warned.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I probably saw 7-10 Indians games at Municipal. The 4th of July game of whatever year was a huge crowd. The others were in the 3-5000 range. Cobwebs were under the seats right near the dugout.

Went to the Bengals/Browns game in 1985. Browns fans were incredibly rude to us and the sinks in the mens room doubled as urinals. Just as it should have been:laugh:

A marvelous dump of a stadium-I was sorry to see it go. Have walked by the new one a few times after some hockey games but have never been in it.
I had season tix at Old Municipal for a few years and then at the new stadium for about eight years. While the old stadium had history it was way past needing to be demolished. As for the new stadium, I would assume it's better since I last went with all the upgrades Haslam did to it but it was a mighty unimpressive stadium when it opened.

Just my take from all I heard (and I did get a tour of the facility while it was under construction). The NFL told the city they could have a new team in three years and so with no plans the city sped through a demolition and rebuild in record time. I believe it was a design/build situation where they were still making changes to the plans while in the middle of building it. What the NFL, the city, team and fans got was a mediocre building that satisfied the league's requirements but fell far short of what could have been had the city/county/state not been pressured to get something done so fast.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
So far so good against Monterrey. :D Looking forward to Leg 2.

warning: the next person to try to use this as a springboard for jackets ownership complaints will be infracted and threadbanned. You Have Been Warned.
The Crew actually have a legit shot of making the final. That would be awesome.

It would also be awesome if the Jackets ownership could take note and figure out [shock collar]SSSSHHH SSSSHHHH SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH[/shock collar] AAAHH, AAHH, OK, ok, ok. Sorry.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad